• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Genre Of Music

What's Your Favorite Genre(s) Of Music?

• Pop

Votes: 28 21.4%
  • Mainstream Rock

Votes: 78 59.5%
  • Rap

Votes: 22 16.8%
  • Electronic

Votes: 25 19.1%
  • Heavy Metal

Votes: 47 35.9%
  • Oldies

Votes: 20 15.3%
  • Hip-Hop

Votes: 25 19.1%
  • Country

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • Reggae

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Folk

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Disco

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Blues

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Progressive Rock

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Jazz

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Classical Music

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Other

Votes: 11 8.4%
  • Indie Rock

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • J-Pop/Rock

Votes: 3 2.3%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2015
    Mainly I listen to Punk/Rock/Heavy Metal/DJ, but I listen Kanye West only as the DJ part of one of my genres.

zer0vrs

Zero Virus
    Years
    i listen to rock,alternative rock, indie rock, heavy metal, lounge, downtempo, ambient, and dream pop but my favorite genre, specifically is shoegaze

RAWR ^_^

Feels So Retrosexual ^_^
    Years
    Ahhh well, I love indie but down Here There something called emo xD It a Genre down here now x_x So emo would be like MCR and stuff. Im not what Genre The Fray Would Come under but meh I like them. I pretyy much will try anything as long as it is not like really chav. I really do hate them songs. They annoy me to death.

Manaphy1128

We're Making Gods
    Years
    Despite what you people say, my favorite is, well, I'm not sure the name. Maybe alternative rock and....what is the word....*confused with music terms*

Like, lets say, Breaking Benjamin, Cranberries, Seether, and Papa Roach to name a few *still confused*

Manaphy1128

We're Making Gods
    Years
    Fall Out Boy is punk rock. They're not the best buut...

Gahh. I hate Plain White Ts

I like Heavy Metal/Punk Rock

Uh, no, there emo.

You see, emo doesn't neccasarilly mean death blood etc., it's a music type to.

Though I'm still confused with, music terms (as always) can someone, please tell me what the bands I listed are in type?

Charizard-lord

Yuni is awesome
    Years
    Rock is quite clearly the greatest genre ever. No-one can truthfully say that they haven't tapped along/headbanged to We Will Rock You.

mcrc

Up and coming rapper
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 19, 2014
    Uh, no, there emo.

You see, emo doesn't neccasarilly mean death blood etc., it's a music type to.

Though I'm still confused with, music terms (as always) can someone, please tell me what the bands I listed are in type?

actually fall out boy is pop/punk and well emo should not be a music type whatsoever...since when is music not emotional?

Years
    You see, emo doesn't neccasarilly mean death blood etc.
    Nah. Come on and describe what is emo, then we talk.

it's a music type to.
    In fact, emo doesn't really connote a musical style, rather following the spontaneous & miserable nature of the so-called 'musicians' and their feeble woe-is-me lyrics. It's more about the strange emotional approach in any guitar-based music, mostly indie rock and pop punk.

But bah, the few times I had the disgrace of listening to FOB I could tell they're mainly punk rock/pop punk. God forbid they're moronic enough to try emo.

EDIT: @mcrc: Exactly.

Scytheteen

What is mine is yours
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Jan 29, 2014
    hmmmm? disgrace? don't think so but whatever its your opinion (even though its not good). anyway i like punk rock/emo music

Last edited:

Manaphy1128

We're Making Gods
    Years
    Nah. Come on and describe what is emo, then we talk.

In fact, emo doesn't really connote a musical style, rather following the spontaneous & miserable nature of the so-called 'musicians' and their feeble woe-is-me lyrics. It's more about the strange emotional approach in any guitar-based music, mostly indie rock and pop punk.

But bah, the few times I had the disgrace of listening to FOB I could tell they're mainly punk rock/pop punk. God forbid they're moronic enough to try emo.

EDIT: @mcrc: Exactly.

And this, is why I will destroy all humans

I give you props for trying....But....

Okay, here I go again. Now (I know this won't chnge your mind, I don't care), I have asked 5 girls before, "Is FOB emo?". To that, 3 said yes. This proves a point of emo doesn't necasarily mean the same thing to others.

Next point about this. Emo doesn't reflect of what they are saying. I'm taking it as how the music sounds, versus what the lyrics are. You semi- getting me?

And now I will take those stupid smart alecked responses you have.

Thanks.

Years
    Okay, here I go again. Now (I know this won't chnge your mind, I don't care), I have asked 5 girls before, "Is FOB emo?". To that, 3 said yes. This proves a point of emo doesn't necasarily mean the same thing to others.
    Necessarily*

Emo is a genre, and like it or not, it's defined by the artist's attitude and lyrics, as well as live performances; the fashion too, and it's a title given to indie rock/hc punk when it bears those characteristics. I really don't care about any silly polls you have held, let alone when you say it takes only 5 girls for you to believe anything.

Next point about this. Emo doesn't reflect of what they are saying. I'm taking it as how the music sounds, versus what the lyrics are. You semi- getting me?
    What makes the screaming guitars and gut-wrenching lyrics different from punk? Is it emo fashion? And if so, what makes the dyed-black hair, multiple piercing and makeup different from goth? We're not going to discuss that here, but watch what you say, you might be babbling without stopping to think.

And now I will take those stupid smart alecked responses you have.

Thanks.
    I'm not making any ignorant claims.

The genre in matter disgusts me, just for the record.

Last edited:

Scytheteen

What is mine is yours
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Jan 29, 2014
    Necessarily*

Emo is a genre, and like it or not, it's defined by the artist's attitude and lyrics, as well as live performances; the fashion too, and it's a title given to indie rock/hc punk when it bears those characteristics. I really don't give a crap about any silly polls you hold, let alone when you say it takes only 5 girls for you to believe anything.

What makes the screaming guitars and gut-wrenching lyrics different from punk? Is it emo fashion? And if so, what makes the dyed-black hair, multiple piercing and makeup different from goth? We're not going to discuss that here, but watch what you say, you might be babbling without stopping to think.

I'm not making any ignorant claims.

The genre in matter disgusts me, just for the record.

alright so it disgusts you...you have ur opinion and she has hers. lets just stop this bickering

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
    ooh my favorites are alternative rock, indie rock, punk cabaret, dark cabaret, and pop lol weird combo i kno

mcrc

Up and coming rapper
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 19, 2014

Thanks.

first off 5 simple answers doesn't prove anything and if you would like to know what "emo" actually is before the whole "i hate myself" thing:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=emo

The sixth definition should clear things up, FOB is not emo.

Years
    That definition is a laugh, "horrible pop rock", heh. I agree, though. Many genres like that have been misinterpreted by the popular opinion.

Also, I've been debating whether Pink Floyd is progressive or not. Anyway, my favorite genre is prog rock... I'm bothering to add more genres to that list, can I?

Added:
    Progressive Rock (Italian prog, art rock, space rock)
    Blues (Country-blues, delta, boogie)
    Jazz (Soul, swing, AG)
    Classical Music
    Other

Edited "Disco" and those to "Electronic", since that's the main root.

Last edited:

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
    you should add indie rock and cabaret to the list, at least in my opinion

Back