• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite names?

Hikari <3

KANON!!! <3
Years
  • What are your favorite names? If you were going to have a kid, what would you name them?

For me... (bear with me, some of these are Japanese)

Boys: Takeshi, Aidan, Blake, Alexander, Nathan, and Mikio.
    Girls: Hikari (heh), Yuna, Akira, Destini, Lia, and Kylee.

If I had two kids (a boy and a girl), I'd name them Blake and Akira (who would be adopted from Japan, just to make it look normal).

How about you?

Last edited:

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
  • I'm still unsure on what I'm going to name my kids, I'm too young to be thinking about kids and specially about their names.

I guess if I could have a girl, I would name her Briana, Amanda, Samantha or Meredith. And if I could have a boy, I'd probably name him Freddy. Now that I think about it, it's going to be a hard decision when the time comes. The good side about this, is that I'm not going to take this decision by myself, my future wife is going to be there to help me out (I hope).

Last edited:

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
    Years
  • Boys: Zane, Nathaniel, James,

Girls- Misha, Ann-Marie, Roxanne, Meredith, Lydia.

I love those names and envy them >:3

I'd name my kids Zane and Meredith ._.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • LeSabre, Century, Regal, Roadmaster, Electra Estate Wagon

Okay, seriously;

Boys: Roy, Lance, Craig, Dennis, Sterling, Bernie
    Girls: Lisa, Ashley, Melissa, Kimberly, Cassie

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Hmm...

Boy: Kai, Kris(Chris), Zane, Jaden, and I think that's all...think

I haven't thought of to many girl names but

Girl: Karin, Sakura, Melodia, Kristina

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    The best name for boys is Tommy.
    The best name for girls is Jolene! Also Fay is a nice name that would be my second choice.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Cameron is my favourite boy's name. Kayla is my favourite female name. :x

These are of course second to Eric(a) which doesn't really count, being my name. XD;

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • boys: gabriel, zane, louis (silent s)
    girls: eurydice, kahlan, annabelle
    i have a few other favorite names but i cant remember them right now

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • I absolutely suck when it comes to names. D: I think I never thought about it because I always planned to adopt, and adopted kids mostly come with names. Thanks to Pokémon I really want a boy called Pearl for some reason, although I would never do that to a child. XD Their playground experiences would be unpleasant, to say the least.

Apart from that...I've always really loved the name Soranzo. Which is horrendous considering that I first heard it in 'Tis Pity She's a...Hoover. Yeah. Hoover. D:

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Girl: Kara
    Boy: Tommy
    :3 so adorable.

The best name for boys is Tommy.
    The best name for girls is Jolene! Also Fay is a nice name that would be my second choice.

D'awww, my name is Tommy (well, Thomas, but it abbreviates to Tommy XD)

anyways...

male: Max, Steve, Jeff, Robin
    female: Emily, Sarah, Mia, Robin

...those are the name that most often just "jump" into my mind when naming my characters. bonus points for Robin being gender-neutral. XD

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Male:
    Jaden, Nick, Cole, Shinijro, James, Gage, Luke, and *Dante. ( *such a beast name, c'mon. xD; )

Female:
    Lora, Mia, Erika (ever heard a Japanese person pronounce it? omgg.), Taylor, and Rei.
    blah. Not as many females names that I like. At least not that I can think of off the top of my head.

& Alex for either gender.

Hikari <3

KANON!!! <3
    Years
  • I've thought of more for me~

For a boy, I love the name Jordan.
    For a girl, I love the name Tina. Or Kristina.

EDIT: And Sakura. For a girl. ^_^

Last edited:

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    D'awww, my name is Tommy (well, Thomas, but it abbreviates to Tommy XD)

anyways...

male: Max, Steve, Jeff, Robin
    female: Emily, Sarah, Mia, Robin

...those are the name that most often just "jump" into my mind when naming my characters. bonus points for Robin being gender-neutral. XD

I have a friend named Robin. I bolded the one in the gilrs listing because she's a girl

Male:
    Jaden, Nick, Cole, Shinijro, James, Gage, Luke, and *Dante. ( *such a beast name, c'mon. xD; )

Female:
    Lora, Mia, Erika (ever heard a Japanese person pronounce it? omgg.), Taylor, and Rei.
    blah. Not as many females names that I like. At least not that I can think of off the top of my head.

& Alex for either gender.

Thank you Drew...I completly forgot about that name. Shame on me especially since I like Devil May Cry. I knew this boy named Dante...but he was gay.

Years
  • I also really love the names Cole and Ryan, for boys. :D
    Cole would make a great name for a girl, too. Could be short for Nicole in case you don't want burden a kid with an opposite gender name.

Chloe, Audrey, André, Claude, Olivia, Sergio, and Sophie are some great names and ones I would consider naming my kid if I was ever crazy enough to have one.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Honestly, I've never given much thought to names for my children. I feel as if that's something only me and the mother of my children can decide on once she knows she's pregnant.

However, there are some names that I feel an affinity to, but I simply don't feel as if listing them will bring me any closer to having a child with that name. Naturally, I have to consider the mother's input.

Back