• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Normal Type! ♥

Eldéen

Spriter
Years
  • Interesting topic, many players kinda subestimate the normal typed Pokémon because they're often considered as boring, but there are some interesting and great fellows. I will skip all of the normal/flying typed birds, since for me they're birds and not the usual normal types. : P
    So, one for every generation:

Persian: Well, yes, it's a cat. We have a bunch of them right now, but it was the first and I kinda like the way Nintendo's presenting it as a mean and sneaky Pokémon. Okay and maybe I just like cats.

Stantler: The one and only Stag. I'm sorry, but I never got to like Sawsbuck. So why Stantler? I like Pokémon with a rather simple design resembling the animals they're based on. So Stantler really does look like a stag. It's not really playable in CP but for a normal playthrough it has well enough stats and quite the movepool.

Zangoose: It's a mungo and I love it's design, since it is rather plain and yet somewhat cool. I have to admit, too, that I love the evil look it always has despite being that fluffy. This time you can even play it doing CP, since it can use swords dance and a toxic orb. Of course, it's no real match winner, but it can come in handy. And its a fluffy, mean mungo!

Porygon-Z: I hate the design and I never understood why it was neccessary to give the evolved computer program porygon yet another evolution, but generation 4 does not have too many normal typed Pokémon worth considering. So well, Porygon-Z, you can play it as a special sweeper in CP. Hooray.

Lillipup: I think it's cute. When I first saw its design it thought I might want to play it, until I noticed its evolutions, that is. You can live with Herdier, I think, but why Nintendo killed the whole line by creating something like Stoutland... I'll never understand. Nevertheless, Lillipup definitely is cute.

Grebbit: Well, it's kinda freaky, if you ask me. A giant rabbit that's able to dig with its ears... I do like this idea and since I can't really make myself liking the Buneary-line, it's the only real rabbit Nintendo has so far. And Nintendo did even investigate a little, since they kept in mind, that rabbits dig tunnels to hide and sleep in.

Years
  • There are too many good normals ugh please. ;~~~~~~~;

Cinccino for me as the cutest, though. I fell in love with the fluffy little thing as soon as Minccino was revealed prior to B/W's release and the evolution only made that grow stronger. It's pretty useful in combat given its hidden ability and moves, too; gotta love cute 'mons who can pack a punch.

Then comes Zangoose, Aipom, Skitty, Furret, etc etc. It's.. hard to pick any runner ups, haha.

Years
  • My favorite normal type in all of the games has got to be Eevee. Since gen 1 its only gotten more and more adorable as GameFreak has been refining their graphics quality.
    Second to Eevee has got to be skitty. Pink, tiny, and adorable. What more could you want? :P

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Normal is my favorite type! I have so many favorite type Pokemon....

for a quite a long time (it's still there now) Watchog has been my most favorite normal type. Half Weasel-half Meerkat - my two most favorite animals mixed into one Pokemon it's all the reason I need to love it, and it also learns attacks from other types. So it's one happy mixture of a Pokemon for me. I guess I'm the only one who also finds him cute. It's also my first normal type that I have trained from level 1 (hatched from an egg) to level 100. It will always stay forever #1 in my heart.

I also love his pre-evo Patrat....others I also love include Zigzagoon/Linoone, Sentret/Furret, Rattata/Raticate, Bidoof/Bibarel, Zangoose, Minccino/Cinccino.

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    My favorite normal type used to be Togepi, until it became a fairy type in X and Y. My current favorite normal type is Eevee because it can evolve into Espeon which is my favorite pokémon. Catching a shiny one made me like it even more.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I've always had a certain affection towards Furret and Lopunny. I'm not sure why those in particular, but they're cute, have adorable names... dunno. I also really want to use Furret in-game sometime, as I tried in Gold but it failed horribly, but it's rather useless haha.

Back