• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pokemon Abilities?

Years
  • I can't believe, that thread wasn't there!

Anyway. From all of the know pokemon abilities - what are your personal favorites? I mean in general - anime and also games?

Anime: I always loved the starters power up abilities like Blaze, Overgrow and Torrent. My personal favorite is the Blaze... The way Ash's Chimchar was on Blaze... Massacre! Ash's Charizard on Blaze was cool too. I can say I didn't see Torrent much, the first one I saw was on Barry's Empoleon.

Games: Again starters power up abilities and also Guts on some fighting types, like Machop. I found it very useful while playing Platinum. Keen eye and Magma armor are awesome for me, as well.

*Meowth V.2*

Still Got The Blues.
    Years
  • I like the ability, Clear Body, that my Metegross has. Prevents stat loss caused by another pokemon and can come in handy during battles.

Another ability I admire is my Poliwrath's, Water Absorb. Pidgeot's Keen Eye often came in handy in tight battles aswell.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I like the move Sacred Fire, Looks sexy =3

That's an attack, not and ability. XD

Sniper is pretty cool, especially when combined with a scope lens, and high-crit attacks like Slash, Night Slash, and Cross Poison

Also, my Dry Skin Toxicroak makes a downright sexy pokemon to use in the rain or partnered with a surfer. XD

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Wonder Guard! xD

What's not to love about it? You can only get hit by moves that are super effective! :P

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Clear Body, Technician, and Volt Absorb are among my favorites, and quite prevalent on my team.

Metagross has nothing to fear from Intimidate. Jolteon is a perfect switch-in to other Electric-types. And Persian's combo of Fake Out+STAB+Technician = win.

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
  • There's no question about it, Wonderguard takes the cake. And have you ever seen someone switch in a Shedinja against a Pokemon with Trace? You've never seen rage like that before...

Years
  • Frisk, Trace, Technician, Pressure, Levitate, Tinted Lens, Poison Heal

Frisk: a fainted Butterfree in my first slot, a Frisk like a Shuppet or Stantler in my second, and either Skitty or Stantler to take hold items by Thief/Covet. Win win.

Trace: on a Protect lead...

Technician is what it is.

Pressure: Aerodactyl used Protect! Aerodactyl used Stealth Rock! Aerodactyl flew up in the air!

Levitate: well, those that can are generally better than flying types.

Tinted Lens: two Yanmega go round the outside, round the outside :P

Poison Heal: Choice Scarf Breloom switched into a Toxic Spike!

Years
  • Recently I've found Pick Up and Own Tempo extremely useful... Rare Candies, Rare Candies everywhere, same goes for Supersonic Pokemons....

Ayselipera

No Guard is my all time favorite. I once had a Machamp with No Guard and the move Dynamic Punch. It knocked out everything with 100% accuracy all the time. Even if my opponent wasn't knocked out it still became confused from Dynamic Punch's side affect.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I currently have my username dedicated to my favourite ability. It is, of couse, Serene Grace.

The reason I love it so much is that it's in-game use has saved me twice. Once with a Togetic against the Elite Four (I manage to get three consecutive flinches on Lance's Dragonite) and once online (this time two flinches but enough to take down my enemy's annoying Charizard). So yeah, its unique style has definitley come in handy quite a lot for me.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I'd have to say Steadfast, not only because Luca and 'Lade have it, but it kind of counters Flinchax, I also <3 mold breaker

Back