• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pokemon Game?

Years
  • HG/SS are my favorite. The graphics are nice, your Pokemon can walk with you, and in general the two games are a ton of fun.

Also there are two regions in one game. Awesomeness.

Houndoomed

Battle Master
    Years
  • I just re purchased all the GBA titles, I had them all at one point over the years, Im looking forward to playing Emerald again as many have said before it has a good storyline.

Zeus

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I'm just gonna go with Emerald. Not because it was fun to play. Don't get me wrong, it was. It was also really easy to hack the crap out of that game. When I mean hacking, I mean punching in GameShark codes like a madman. Teleporting to the Elite Four with a level 5 Mudkip was for laughs and giggles.

As for actual gameplay, I really liked the Battle Frontier. They made a trainer's amusement park and they delivered. The only thing it was missing was something special for contests and a freaking roller coaster.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Leaf Green and Platinum tied for the win. Platinum offers the best variety of stuff to do in-game while Leaf Green ranks up there mostly due to my obsession with its female protagonist. Yes, Leaf is so awesome she more than compensates for whatever flaws might be in that game.

HG/SS would rank up there except for one major disappointment in them, one that traces its roots back to the originals. And those who know me well enough can probably guess what fatal flaw I'm referring to.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Jan 21, 2012
    My favourite is Soul Silver. I just love the updated graphics from gold and silver and you can visit two regions.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • Platinum has the best Battle Frontier so far, and HG/SS has walking pokemon and the BEST user interface of all the pokemon games.

I'm going to vote for B/W, though. The best game design, plus a bunch of new cute and cool pokemon.

Silence Rewritten

Trainer/Breeder
    Years
  • Sapphire (and Ruby and Emerald)! I love the starters and I could always get the perfect team. A close second would be Platinum, as I'm currently playing through again and rediscovering the awesomeness. Soul Silver is my absolute favourite remake, for the ability to walk with Pokémon. Of course, can't exclude the originals, and I think Red/Blue/Yellow should definitely be in everyone's top five. ;) (Oh no, I fear I've rambled. I suppose the games are just THAT good.)

aad

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2013
    i like every pokemon game from gbc, gba and nds.
    but, i'm very like emerald because the story line is great...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Emerald is my favorite, simply because of the extreme replay value it has for me.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    Pokemon HG is my favorite! The music is cool, good jhoto, and kanto together in one game, take the trains, take on Red and etc... I always played crystal. Playing HG and beating it in like a week is fun. Taking my time within the game. :)

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Emerald, Ruby, Sapphire are my pick. Yes, there region might not look so beautiful today, but imagine what a remake could do. Beautiful towns and clever design, like sootopolis city, where you have to dive to reach it, and pacifidlog town floating on water, fortree City; it's made out of tree houses! As well as many other great locations like Mt Pyre, Meteor Falls, Abandoned Ship, Seafloor Cavern! Aswell as awesome backstory to the legendaries! I <3 it!

Never Silent

Trainer/Breeder
    Years
  • It's between Sapphire, Soul Silver, and Platinum for me. I really love Sapphire since it was the first one I really played through, and the starters are awesome. Soul Silver's gameplay is amazing, and the Pokémon are some of the best. I love Platinum for the towns, Pokémon, and gyms... so I guess Platinum wins! ^^

Sayan

is tightening its focus
    Years
  • Definitely Pokemon Crystal. It might not be the best in terms of graphics, gameplay or story; far from it actually; but nothing beats the countless hours I've spent playing that thing which was my first Pokemon game.

Back