• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pokemon Game?

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2012
    Personally, my favorite Pokemon game is Pearl, but I still haven't played HG/SS, Black, and White. What's your favorite Pokemon game?

Shadowed Team

Kanto/Johto Pokémon Master
    Years
    Well gameboykid11, let me tell you, play Pokemon HeartGold or SoulSilver. It is just awesome!

My favourite Pokemon game, obviously, is Pokemon SoulSilver. The graphics have changed, better musical soundtrack and an improved touch screen. Plus, you can almost catch all the Pokemon found in Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh.

You have to play it man. Disclaimer* Pokemon SoulSilver doesn't emulate well, so I advise you to buy the game.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Well gameboykid11, let me tell you, play Pokemon HeartGold or SoulSilver. It is just awesome!

Agreed.

Heart Gold and Soul Silver have got tons of gameplaying content, best graphics/sprite imo; (besides B/W, which has moving sprites which are actually really ugly) and it has the follow me feature.

Since my first game was the original Gold verison on GBC, I have nostalgically attached to HG and yeah, I suppose I've never loved a Pokemon game as much since. :P

Definately one of the best, thats for sure.

Houndoomed

Battle Master
    Years
    I loved blue until I played leaf green,
    I loved leaf green until I played Ruby,
    I loved Ruby until I played Platinum,
    I loved Platinum until I played Soul silver,

I love them all and go back every now and then for some familiar fun.

SS/HG do have an edge though, two regions and the tailing pokemon are my favourite features.

Zeus

Shadowed Team

Years
    Curious, I agree you heaps. Such great and versatile sprites and landscapes. Wonderful graphics and the touchsreen is sooooooooo awesome!

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    My favourite Pokémon game is Pearl. I remember when I got my Pearl. It was amazing too see 3D graphics and new game mechanics. Diamond/Pearl introduced many new additions and new cool Pokémon. Before Pearl, Emerald was my favourite.

Shadowed Team

Years
    Xeberos, I get what your saying. Diamond/Pearl was just a major leap from Emerald. They had new features that stunned us all.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    I don't know really, there's plenty that fill the 'my favorite pokemon game' slot. I guess it has to be Emerald. I know the graphics aren't good and such because it's for GBA. But I love the storyline, the features and just about everything else. HeartGold/SoulSilver were brilliant, as was Black/White and Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, but for me, nothing beats Emerald.

Shadowed Team

Years
    Emerald has to be my favourite GBA and GBC game. The storyline, like you said is great, but Pokemon SoulSilver can't be beaten.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
    Platinum always. I like the new Pokemon, how the storyline expanded, the battle fronier. Yup. And the graphics there for me is the best.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2012
    Hmmm... It looks like I need to get my hands on a copy of HG. While I'm at it, I still need to buy a DS eventually... XD

Mentalii

Back
    Years
    My favourite game is Pokémon Silver.
    I know, it's an old game now, and new games showed us better graphisms, better scenario and so on.

But, anyway. It's not those new games that made me loving Pokémon, it's Pokémon Silver. It's also it that "taught" me so many things about Pokémon. I don't spent more time on every Pokémon games other than Silver version reunited than on Pokémon Silver only (well, maybe I exaggerate just a little bit). I never felt so proud than when I beat Red in this game.

Today, my Silver Version is dead, and I my game, my team, my childhood left with it. But I always remember it. :pink_love:

gvgisdi

Officially addicted to Crystal
    Years
    Crystal! Because it's the only Pokémon game I have on a cartridge. :P And it's simply awesome. The Pokémon, the climate, everything's so good about it.

My second favourite is White, I think.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I like Platinum, HeartGold and Black/White. The new additions to Platinum, the newness of Johto to me in HeartGold and the freshness of B/W made me like them.

Ritzz

Bazinga
    Years
    I loved Sapphire. <3 It was like the first game where I actually understood what I was doing lol.

Everything that followed was good too though, which makes this a hard choice.

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
    If I had to choose from the older generations, Crystal because it was the first cartridge I officially owned that wasn't my brother's or borrowed. I started with a Totodile ^__^

From the newer generation, HG/SS hands-down. Though I still have to get Platinum.

Back