• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Starter?

Who is your favorite start Pokemon?

• Total voters

Fate Falls

Pokémon Researcher
    Years
    Who is your favorite starter Pokemon?

Mine is probably Charmander (since I love Charizard), but Bulbasaur is a very close second.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Definitely Torchic, and not just because it evolves into Blaziken. ;)

Well, for starters, it isn't the generic "lets get a animal and paste fire on it's back\tail!!!111" :\ Actually, it doesn't look much like a fire type, except its colouring, which amkes it look interesion in my opion. :O Also, I think it is definitely the cutest starter, and since I love cute Pokemon so much, i fell in love with it at first sight. <3 :3 Also, I love chicks, and not to mention when I was younger I used to loe drawing Torchics. xD <3

However, I should mention Charmander\Chikorta\Piplup too! :D They are also adorable. :3

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I vote for Treecko, and if I may borrow from Superjub's argument:

Well, for starters, it isn't the generic "lets get a animal and paste plants on it's back\head!!!111" Actually, it doesn't look much like a grass type, except its colouring, which amkes it look interesion in my opion. :O Also, I think it is definitely the coolest starter, and since I love cool Pokemon so much, i fell in love with it at first sight. <3 :3 Also, I love lizards, and not to mention when I was younger I used to loe drawing Treeckos. xD <3

okay, so the last part isn't true, but most of the argument was the same. XD

Years
    Mine has to be Totodile, I love it and both it's evos. I generally go for a water type starter (except in gen4) and I love reptiles.. there's no battle related reason for it really, Croconaw is one of my favourite pokemon and I just think the whole line is really appealing. :>

Rudy

give us a song ex boyfriend
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024
    Man, I can't believe I'm the only one who's selected Syndaquil so far! D:
    I used to love Totodile, but when I saw what Cyndaquil evolved into, I decided it was my favourite ever <3
    Now he's the main reason I can't wait for HGSS, so I can get a new Cyndaquil :v

.Chocolate.

n_n no.
    Years
    Cyndaquil.<3 It's so cute and looks cuddly.xD
    It evolves into hxc Typhlosion.
    Favorite Starter?

Just look at it.xD It's like it's saying, "OH YEEEAAHH"

Meepman

Arogance is bliss
    Years
    Charmander has been my favorite since the begining of time. Totodile is probably in second (at least until he evolves) yet for some reason I always choose cyndaquil.

Season

Garden Gladiator
    Years
    Treecko. Aside from Treecko, there's at least one Pokemon in each starter's evolutionary line that I don't like. Well, except Charmander, but everyone picks Charmander. :P
    Plus, I love lizards. :cer_boogie:

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    It would be between Squirtle or Charmander. But I dont really know who. Its hard for me to choose but I guess ill go with Squirtle.

Rapidash King

TIME FOR A TASTE TEST
    Years
    I like Bulbasaur and Torchic, but when it comes to fully evolved starters, I like Meganium, Venusaur, Blaziken, Torterra, and Typhlosion.

clairefable

first class scamp
    Years
    For yeeeeeeeeeears it was Squirtle since it was the first 'mon I ever had way back in the day, but then when I set eyes on Torterra I knew I had to have a Turtwig. So, uh, I guess it's a tie between Squirtle for the nostalgia value and Turtwig because of the badassery of it's evolution <3

Back