• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite TM?

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    It's so hard to get the good T.M's in SoulSilver. :(

I will always try to obtain Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, Psychic, Sword Dance, and Earthquake for my party. Other T.M's such as Ice Beam, Shadow Ball, U-turn, and Dragon Claw are still desirable, but I rarely use Ice-type Pokemons and Dragons only appear later in the game.

Some are just silly, like Trick Room. I would always have Mr. Mime use this. :)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Earthquake / Brick Break / Ice Beam <3

...usually moves I put on my water starter (if I get one).

Aaand there are a few others, such as Flamethrower and Thunder Punch, but I can't remember them.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Thunderbolt/Flamethrower/Ice Beam - Generally kick-ass moves.....

Overheat - In R/S/E/FR/LG it was the last tm, and my Blaziken running Overheat and 3 physical moves is brilliant in Emerald.

Protect - I like fire-types, especially in Gen III, so Protect helps the burn run down the health.

poke-12345

Noob Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2012
    My Favorites In:

Kanto:TM 24 Thunderbolt (Electric)
    Johto: Headbutt (Normal)
    Hoenh:TM 50 Overheat (Fire)
    Sinnoh:TM 59 Dragon Pulse (Dragon)
    Unova:TM 72 Volt Switch (Electric)

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    Flamethrower
    Thunder
    Earthquake
    Psychic
    Ice Beam
    Giga Drain

Basically if it comes in handy, I love it.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Favorite TMs:

TM01 - Focus Punch
    : FALCON FOCUS....PAWNCH!!! (it took me a while to master this TM; at first I put it on my Blaziken and improperly used it because of the utter raw power. -.-)

TM02 - Dragon Claw: Third favorite - invokes flames, and rips at the foe for damage! And it can neutrally hit every type except Steel (and doubly damages Dragons)! I love the "rip" effects that the claws make in the games as well. RAWR.

TM04 - Calm Mind:
    on Psychic-type, this thing just positively oozes Special Attack powa.

TM06 - Toxic: *BOOPBOOPBOOPBOOPGUHLIGAGLIG.GUHLIGALIG.GLUGGLUGGLUGGLUGGLUGGLUG.*
    Opponent upon hearing that dreadful sound: "Darn you." :D

TM13 and TM14 - Ice Beam and Blizzard: I love the super effective ping after these moves as well, and the sound effects and animations of them in RSE are awesome. Also good that they tend to be reliable. Bonus points if the foe(s) get frozen.

TM15 - Hyper Beam: CHK. Screen darkens. I'M A FIRIN' MAH LAZER! BOOOOOOOOOOM. Opponent gets WTF-pwned as a Crowning Moment of Awesome ensues. That is all.
    Second favorite.

TM19 - Giga Drain: BOOP. Guguguggugugugu. I just love how it saps so much HP when it's used, and I love it even more during super effective hits.

TM22 - Solar Beam: Same as TM15, but the screen brightens instead and the beam goes CHOOOOOOOOOOO.

TM23 - Iron Tail: I love whacking the opponent with it, but its Accuracy is downright horrible! :x

TM24, TM25, and TM34 - Thunderbolt, Thunder
    , and Shock Wave: Mainly Thunder. I love enveloping the foe in powerful electricity. CHAK-BOOOM! (love Shock Wave's use of the Charge animation in RSE)
    [S-HIGHLIGHT]
    TM26 - Earthquake
    [/S-HIGHLIGHT]: 100 Power, 100 Accuracy, pwns everything that can't Fly or Levitate. And I like its RSE animation. CHIGGACHUHCHUHCHUHCHUH. Hearing the super-effective ping after an Earthquake is one of the best moments in the games, IMO, especially if it multiply hits opponents. Favorite TM. :D

I can attest to its power as well because nearly every freaking thing in the Battle Frontier hits me with it so darn much... -.-

TM29 - Psychic: A pretty potent Psychic-type move. Lost, much damage is. I love the "mosquito" sound that "annoys" NPCs.

TM30 - Shadow Ball
    : somewhat of an obscure move, but gets the job done.

TM31 - Brick Break: Chik. Chik. CHA-KA! *glass breaks* The wall shattered! CHIGGACHUHCHUHCHUHCHUH! (super effective ping) :)

TM35 and TM38 - Flamethrower and Fire Blast: Probably third favorite, unleashes brutal flames that incinerate opponents. Animations are pretty awesome as well.

TM36 - Sludge Bomb: reliable damage and poisons decently. Neat animation in RSE as well.

TM39 - Rock Tomb: I love the concept and animation of it, but its kind of unreliable and a bit outclassed. I fondly remember this TM as my first Gym Leader-given TM. :cer_love:

TM47 - Steel Wing
    : Strikes the foe with hard wings spread wide. Awesomeness.

TM48 - Skill Swap: A bit obscure, but fun to play with. :)

TM50 - Overheat: Searing overloading flames are unleashed at full power to pulverize the foe! Woo! (hate the Special Attack cut, though)

Last edited:

Snopes

Veteran Newblette
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2011
    Thunder.
    Mixed with Kyogre and it's Drizzle ability, you have a real problem on your hands ;)

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    Let's see...

Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, and Flamethrower are all nice, reliable moves. Ice Beam is probably my favorite of the bunch, as I love freezing my opponents.

Earthquake is awesome, and works well on a lot of physical attackers. I'm glad that I won't have to go out of my way to trade for extra copies of it in B/W.

I've also taken a liking to Grass Knot, probably because it's a grass-type move that a lot of non-grass-type Pokemon can learn.

As for HMs, my favorite is definitely Surf (which is probably my favorite move in general). I love the water type (probably in part due to my use of water starters in every generation), and Surf has been an accurate, reliable move for generations. Plus, it's not even something that I feel like I'm "wasting" a move slot for! I was disappointed when it began to hurt my teammates in double battles in Gen IV, but it's still my favorite HM.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Earthquake has always been atop the favorites list. It's just everything that a really good move wants to be: good power, accuracy, typing (coverage is important!), and it has a wide variety of Pokemon it can be taught to. Likewise, Surf is another one of my favorites even though it isn't really a TM... I really like this new non-wasting TM function we have in B/W. :DD

As far as least-favorites, we have Defog and Stealth Rock. :|

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
    Favorite TM:

- Energy ball
    - Thunderbolt
    - Flamethrower
    - Ice beam
    - Earthquake
    - Dragon Pulse
    - X-scissors
    - Dark Pulse
    - Psychic
    - Toxic
    - Sludge bomb

Favorite HM:

- Fly
    - Surf

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    I swore I posted in this thread already... anyway..

Psychic
    Ice Beam
    Earthquake
    Thunderbolt
    Flamethrower

You've got to go with the basics n_n

Back