• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Type

Years
  • I know this is a very commonly asked question, but I want to know answers from my fellow community.

What is your favorite type? Mine would have to be either Ghost, Dragon, or Fairy.

Ghost, because normal, a very common type doesn't even effect it. (Also, I have an Aegislash that is amazing :D)

Dragon, because when I first opened a game of Pokemon Blue, my brother traded me a Dratini. Which soon became a Dragonite. I used it as my main and Dragonite (or Hydreigon) is probably my all-time favorite Pokemon.

Fairy, because so many types are weak to it, and it made it so Dark types don't completely demolish my Gardevoir anymore! Yay!

Schizii

Always tired.
    Years
  • Hmmmm... ouo;
    Well, it'd be absolutely criminal of me not to say Ghost. xD; (*points to signature and icon*)
    But I also really loved Fairy, as well. ^^ I've always been super girly, so I love pretty much all of the fairy-type designs. It's also pretty rad because, like OP said, there's a bunch of other types that are weak to it. ;D
    Hmm... I also really like poison. It's always been kinda seen as an underdog (at least in my eyes). But some of the designs and abilities are awesome (i.e. Poison heal for Gliscor).

Mkeg7

Bam Bam Boogie ツ
    Years
  • My favorite typing is and will always will be Dragon, because back in Platinum when I had my Garchomp, he was really helpful.

hiphiphippo

hip hip hurray!
    Years
  • normal,
    it seems bland but i really like a lot of normal type pokemon. my favorite pokemon is ambipom, and i also like miltank, furret, porygon2, etc
    with scrappy, they can even hit ghost types, which makes exploud a huge threat with boomburst
    and they only have one weakness ^^

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • Grass! :D

It's definitely an underrated type that a lot of people don't plan for in monotype battles, which makes my grass team that much more fun to play with. Plus, with pokemon like Serperior, Breloom, Tangrowth, and Ferrothorn, what's not to love?

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    It used to be ice, then dark, but now it's Normal. My favorite normal types are Ambipom (which is like my homie G) and I always use, Linoone (well, more Zigzagoon, Belly drum + Berry Juice and extremespeed) and Swellow, and Porygon-Z.

Years
  • My main has always been Fire. But, in Gen 2 I started liking Dark & Dragon. A long with Poison. So to list them it would be:

Fire
    Dragon
    Dark
    Poison

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    For me, it has to be ghost. It doesn't much weaknesses, aside from dark and ghost itself. Not only that, but they aren't effective against fighting and normal-type attacks at all, either. Most ghost Pokémon, such as Gengar, Haunter, Drifblim, and Rotom, come with Levitate as well, which makes them immune over ground, too. Besides that, I also really like dragon and fairy. :]

Rabby

The Samurott Awaits...
    Years
  • Water :]
    Its because its in the favour of Samurott ^^
    I also liked dragon types tho. I have absolutely no idea why. I just do :/

Ars Arcanum

The North Remembers.
    Years
  • Even though Arcanine is my favorite pokemon, Ice is my favorite type. Awesome offensive capability, plus some really cool pokemon. It's a shame its poorly lacking defensively, though.

Imagine a Fire/Ice dual typing? sigh, I can dream...

Back