• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Favorite Type

What's your favorite Pokemon Type?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lucifer.

Custom'D
    Years
    Definitely Dark.

Most Dark types have high Attack and/or Special Attack stats, which is very nice. They're also hard to defend against and cause super-effective damage to. Not to mention they're the coolest looking type overall.

Houndoom, Tyranitar, Sneasel, Murkrow, Umbreon, Mightyena, Absol, etc. They all rule.

Dranxis

Adorer of Sandslash
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 10, 2004
    Meh, I'm more partial to Ground. It is the only type that will beat down Electric, an obscenely overused type, and most Ground Pokemon have excellent Defense and Attack scores, despite their weakness towards Special types. But then again, you need heavy, reliable physical attackers to balance out the Special-attackers in your team, right? That's what Ground is there for. They ward off Steel, Poison, Fire, Rock, and the aforementioned Electric with ease, making Ground potentially indestructible against a multitude of types. There are also many powerful Pokemon that are Ground or partially Ground: Golem, Sandslash (my personal favorite) Swampert, Gligar, Donphan, Steelix, Nidoking/queen, Dugtrio, Rhydon, and, of course, the omnipotent Groudon, who has secured himself in many a team.

Last edited:

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Too bad almost every electric Pok?mon packs a Hidden Power of ice, grass, or water these days. =\

Dranxis

Adorer of Sandslash
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 10, 2004
    Kairi said:
    Too bad almost every electric Pok?mon packs a Hidden Power of ice, grass, or water these days. =\

Indeed, indeed. *sighs* But no Type is perfect, right? *glares at Metagross* I suppose the most Special-oriented Ground-type would be Piloswine, if I am not mistaken.... In any case, I still vouch for Ground, despite the glaring Special weakness. I wish Attack and Defense power were more important in the contemporary battle scenario, however. Special seems to be taking over.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I like electric types for no reason other than the fact that my top favourite Pokemon all fall under that type. o.o;; I also like psychic, but not nearly as much. XP

Kairyu

speedy digital tablet artist
    Years
    Pokedragonfire said:
    No one likes the dragon type more than me :)
    Well, well looks like you've just ran into one *points to his avatar* XD.

Do I really need to explain what my favorite type is? Good... but I do want to add some content so I'll tell you anyway :P

What got me into liking the dragon types so much? Well, the primary reason is the fact that I already liked dragons and the stories associated with them way before pokemon came into my life. But gaming-wise, I think what I really like about dragon types is that they're resistant to many types, even the annoying electric types, w00t! And Dragonite, being my absolute favorite pokemon is one of the few pokemon that can take down a legendary fairly easily... well in most cases, lol.

Pokedragonfire

ph34r |\/|y 1337 n1nj4 5k1||z
    Years
    Yeah, I know my AV not a dragon, but I like fire too (especially Blaziken) I'm gonna change it later.

Wing Zero

استاذ عن
    Years
    I love drasgons! I am obsessed with dragons due to their super natural powers and their mytholocial correlation...basically what im saying is that they are the coolest and they are extreamly powerfull...what more could you want?

Pokedragonfire

Years
    I'm more obsesed than anyone! When I get older, I'm cloning a real live dragon. Then it will destroy everyone! Wah ha ha ha! (Oopsy I double posted Wah ha ha ha!)

Wing Zero

استاذ عن
    Years
    how would yooooooooouuuuuuuuu know? o yea you started this poll, but that means nothing!!!muhahhahahahah you can never prove it...can you?

Pokedragonfire

Years
    I'm more obsessed I can name them!

Okay I'll prove it. Name 5 types (species) of dragons. I bet you can't :P I will if you can't! Just admit it, you can't.

Last edited:
    Back