• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite video game music

latioslegends

What worries you masters you
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2019
    What is your favorite video game music? Mine is from final fantasy 7. After seeing my cousin battle sephiroth for the final time in the game, I adore sephiroths theme song, one winged angel XD.

Last edited:

Oni Link

~Previously On1 LiN|<~
    Years
    Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, and Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    Most of the game music I listen to is by Motoi Sakuraba (Baten Kaitos, "Tales of" series, Mario Golf, Mario Tennis, Golden Sun, Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile, Eternal Sonata, SSBB [main title theme]), though I thoroughly like the music from various other games such as Disgaea.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    My favourite game composers are Yoko Shimomura (Kingdom Hearts), Nobuo Uematsu (Final Fantasy), and then Motoi Sakuraba and Shinji Tamura (Tales of Symphonia, Tales of the Abyss).

Though I also listen to the Okami OST a lot (can't remember the names associated with that, though) and the Katamari OSTs, and the Legend of Zelda OSTs... and... yeah. It just kinda goes on and on. XD;

Favourite OSTs would have to be Kingdom Hearts II, Re:Chain, Final Fantasy VII, and Okami. :x

edit: sdflkhdskfjsfs Forgot about Phoenix Wright! :D I adore the music in that series.

Last edited:

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    My library covers everything from Banjo-Kazooie to Tetris.

Most of it come from games I own or have finished but there are a few exceptions. Final Fantasies I-VI. They're just so exceptional that I don't need images to associate with the music.

I think the bulk of my collection goes to Final Fantasy, Super Mario, and Zelda. Although, I don't find myself purposely listening to Mario even though I do enjoy it.

I have a lot of official remixes and orchestrations. I have a few fan re-arrangements too.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    The only video game music composers I really like are Frank Klepacki, Martin O'Donnell, and Michael Giacchino. Halo, Command & Conquer, and Call of Duty just plain stomp Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts into the ground music-wise.

I also have a liking towards the music in Hidden & Dangerous 2 and the Battlefield franchise (Battlefield Vietnam for the win). The music in StarCraft wasn't too bad either.

Last edited:
    Years
    I love almost everything from Chrono Trigger. Seriously, the music is wonderful. I can't think of any music I hate from it. I've also had Phoenix Wright tunes stuck in my head for awhile. It's catchy. ^_^

I find it funny that both of the soundtracks I can think of are from cartridge games. :D But nothing else really sticks out to me at the moment.

Also, when I didn't have a CD player, I'd keep on some of the music from the GSC on. I'd go to the burnt tower or surf, press pause, and just listen. Aaah, the days when I didn't have a CD player. ♥ It's been awhile since I've played GSC, though.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    The only video game music composers I really like are Frank Klepacki, Martin O'Donnell, and Michael Giacchino. Halo, Command & Conquer, and Call of Duty just plain stomp Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts into the ground music-wise.

I also have a liking towards the music in Hidden & Dangerous 2 and the Battlefield franchise (Battlefield Vietnam for the win). The music in StarCraft wasn't too bad either.
    I'm not a fan of Kingdom Hearts. Sounds too synthy too me. But not int a good way like with the Donkey Kong Country series. Shimomura's work was just perfect on Super Mario RPG. But Kingdom Hearts didn't do it for me.

I also want to hear some of Giacchino's work. Been meaning to for a while.

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
    -Kingdom Hearts
    -Final Fantasy
    -Zelda
    -Super Smash
    -Old school Nintendo games ftw
    -Command and Conquer

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    The Thirteenth Reflection
    Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix

Also enjoy music from Kingdom Hearts, Mario (especially RPGs), Sonic, Kirby, and Final Fantasy series.

Cherrim

Years
    That song gets so annoying, Shadow. Like you wouldn't believe. *doesn't like listening to it anymore* T__T;

Anyway, I usually can't get into game music unless I've played the games it comes from. Plus, it's my "policy" not to listen to any music past where I am in the game. Song titles can be spoilers, and I've spoilt myself more than once by listening to an OST all the way through when I'm only halfway through the game. Plus, once you've played the game, I find it makes the music more meaningful because I know exactly what part it's from, or if not, it's fun trying to guess what part of the game it's in. 8D;

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    That song gets so annoying, Shadow. Like you wouldn't believe. *doesn't like listening to it anymore* T__T;

Anyway, I usually can't get into game music unless I've played the games it comes from. Plus, it's my "policy" not to listen to any music past where I am in the game. Song titles can be spoilers, and I've spoilt myself more than once by listening to an OST all the way through when I'm only halfway through the game. Plus, once you've played the game, I find it makes the music more meaningful because I know exactly what part it's from, or if not, it's fun trying to guess what part of the game it's in. 8D;

I share that quirk/policy about listening to music. I have to hear it in-game before I download it.

And I don't get what you mean about that song. D: I've listened to it for hours before. It never gets old or annoying to me. If I can't listen to any other song, it'd be the one for me.

Edit: And if anyone finds a sound effect lacking copy of the Bowser Battle musics from Super Mario Galaxy, send me the link immediately. I can't wait until January for the soundtrack to be released. ;-;

Horizon Knight

I doubt that anybody has heard of it, but one of my favorite soundtracks is that of Advent Rising. The game itself didn't do so well, but Tommy Tallarico outdid himself with that music...To those who care, check it out ASAP!

Oh, and Nobuo Uematsu's Final Fantasy 8 soundtrack is otherworldly. No question about it.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I think it's a testament to the composer and the music if the music can stand alone without playing the game.

Not that all game music can. A lot of mine depends on remembering the level and nostalgia.

Cherrim

Years
    And I don't get what you mean about that song. D: I've listened to it for hours before. It never gets old or annoying to me. If I can't listen to any other song, it'd be the one for me.
    Oh, it's just because I heard the song so many times in the game because the Organization was so hard. D:

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    Oh, it's just because I heard the song so many times in the game because the Organization was so hard. D:

Maybe Lightning should send Shadow KH II: FM so he can actually fight them and stop breaking his policy of not listening to music from a game he hasn't played. @_@

<_< I've watched the videos of the fights as soon as they were available, so that counts for something...

Back