• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite books?

Years
    Anything by Clive Cussler;

The Complete Stranger In A Strange Land by Robert A. Heinlein;

Grand Tour series by Ben Bova (Wonder how the demotion of Pluto affects his series?);

Sue Grafton's Alphabet Mysteries.

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    I have to go with the Warriors Trilogy. I absolutely love the series, it's my fave so far just squeezing ahead of Harry Potter and the Inheritance(Eragon, Eldest) series'. YAY FOR ERIN HUNTER!

Briana

Love Hina Fanatic
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 24, 2006
    Other then all the manga I love, I enjoyed The Ghost in the Tokaido Inn bu Dorothy and Thomas Hoobler.

mistywishmaker

such a thing as f o r e v e r
    Years
    I just LOVE the Redwall series by Brian Jacques. And of course, the Harry Potter series by JK Rowling.

I guess my favorite book in the world is Heidi by Johanna Spyri

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    I love The Thief Lord and the Harry Potter books (I've read ALL of them)!

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    My favorite book has to be A Tale Of Two Cities but I also enjoyed Jurassic Park by Michael Chrichton. I also remember loving the Animorph series by K.A. Applegate but now when I read them again they're okay but it's just for a quick read.

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
    I liked to read those Clue books when I was in elementary school. But today, I have to say it's one of the John Steinback books ... maybe Of Mice and Men. I didn't like the ending though, and that's all I'm going to say~ ...

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    I liked to read those Clue books when I was in elementary school. But today, I have to say it's one of the John Steinback books ... maybe Of Mice and Men. I didn't like the ending though, and that's all I'm going to say~ ...

Man I hated that ending too, it's just....and that's all I'm going to say, I love that book too though. I forgot to mention To Kill a Mockingbird that book is awesome and it teaches you some things about people.

lt.bob

Caboose
    Years
    My favorite book has to be A Tale Of Two Cities but I also enjoyed Jurassic Park by Michael Chrichton. I also remember loving the Animorph series by K.A. Applegate but now when I read them again they're okay but it's just for a quick read.

Holy Moley, you like Jurassic Park too!:shocked: It is my favorite book. I hate the Ian Malcom in the book though. As you may see in my sig in the future, the book is better. I have a whole row of Animorphs books on my bookshelf. On my last check it took me four and a half hours to read one book, but that was a couple years ago. (Yes I actually sit and read books for four and a half hours straight when I have nothing to do.)

Last edited:

Aqua Dream

That's not Ash!
    Years
    My absolute favorite books are the five volumes that comprise the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy "trilogy" by Douglas Adams. I think his combination of the realms of science fiction, fantasy, and humor is pure genious. I'm also a big fan of Terry Pratchet's Discworld series.

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
    I love books by Roald Dahl.. his short stories are just amazing and exciting.. xD
    I also love to read manga.. sometimes I'd go for the action packed ones, but I'd also love to read sweet love stories on manga ;)

Hakudoushi-kun

Guardian of the Northern Souls
    Years
    I love books by Roald Dahl.. his short stories are just amazing and exciting.. xD
    I also love to read manga.. sometimes I'd go for the action packed ones, but I'd also love to read sweet love stories on manga ;)

Any manga you give me I will read. There's so much stuff packed into one manga. If only I was rich, I'd buy the whole shelf of manga at Borders! DDDX

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
    Any manga you give me I will read. There's so much stuff packed into one manga. If only I was rich, I'd buy the whole shelf of manga at Borders! DDDX

Borders.. wow.. I suppose it's English manga then? It's really expensive.. I'd rather read the Chinese manga than the English ones.. (though I'd understand English better than my mother tongue.. :P) It's more economical.. I've got about one shelf of manga btw.. ^^

Back