• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Generation Of Starters??

Best Generation Of Starters???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Divine~Deoxys

Ok, this isn't about which generation is best, or which starters are best in competitive play, or anything like that, it's simply which are your favourite generation of starters.

Mine has got to be 1st Gen. I love Bulbasaur more than any others, and the rest aren't bad either.

magrathean

Eevee Breeder
    Years
    I don't know, I really love all the Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn starters. ): I can't possibly decide between them.

The only generation of starters I don't really like is Sinnoh, and even then, Piplup is adorable.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Definitely the first generation. Charmander, Squirtle and Bulbasaur are unmatched in levels of coolness by any other starters.

Nyjil da Kid

Jambalaya of Justice League
    Years
    I'll be the oddball and say the Sinnoh starters. They were my favorite animals; a monkey, a penguin, and a TURTLE!!! I just wouldnt evolve em anytime soon...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Generation II definitely wins it for me. I have the hardest time choosing which starter to go with, whereas in the other games, I'll just say, "Oh, I'm going with this one" and I'm done. Kanto starters are a very, very close second.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    First and fourth gen are my definite favorites.
    Their coolness are unmatched by the other two gens, and I have a harder time picking the starters because I like all six.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    This is a tough one. In terms of sheer "cool" factor, the only one of the twelve fully evolved starters that turns me off is Meganium, which bodes badly for the Johto starters, let alone the fact that none of them gain a secondary typing when fully evolved.

Kanto's has the kind of charm that comes with nostalgia. They're classics that nobody can hate, but likewise, none of them really stand out as unique in terms of movepool and stats.

Sinnoh's, while I initially despised Empoleon's and Infernape's designs, They've grown on me, particularly because of Empoleon's uniqueness and Infernape's stats and movepools. This doesn't change the fact that torterra is the only one of them that actually has a cool-looking design. :<

...Which lead's me to the Hoenn starters. A large jungleborne lizard, a fierce fighting chicken, and an angry-looking amphibian. All three of them pass the badassery test. Whatsmore, they're all unique...Sceptile being the fastest grass-type pokemon in Hoenn, Blaziken being the first fire-type to reliably counter their traditional weakness to Rock-type pokemon, and Swampert generally being able to counter everything the in-game gyms and E4 throw at him.

I'd say the winner here is clearly the hoenn starters. :P

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
    Kanto. I just like the way the Kanto starters look. Very close second, is Johto. The starters just got a wee bit... lacking in the cuteness department come Hoenn... -__-
    I do enjoy my blazikens though.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Second gen, because they are the cutest and it's cool that they're pure Fire/Water/Grass :>

But also third gen... I kinda dislike Treecko, but Swampert and Blaziken are awesome.

Years
    The one most people voted on, Johto certainly.
    I just loved Chikorita and Cyndaquil, Totodile not so much, but still was ok.

Roxasabridged

Lucariowner
    Years
    Hard to say...

Kanto had Charmander, the most badass starter ever, but is dragged way down by Bulbasaur.

Johto has Chikorita, a close second to Charmander, and Cyndaquil/Totodile are pretty decent.

Hoenn... Well, Blaziken's cool, as as is Treeko.

And for Sinnoh... Turtwig is the 3rd best starter ever. Chimchar and Piplup are pretty crap in comparison.

Back