• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Pokémon game!

Which Pokémon game do you prefer?

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2012
    Out of all Pokémon games, which is your favourite? And by favourite I mean which do you play the most without becoming bored, which has the best storyline, and just based on the enjoyability of the game in general. Explain in a post because I'd love to see other Pokécommunity favourites!

Personally I love Pokémon Firered! This game is also the reason for me getting into Pokémon, I got it when I was only 7! My first game got over 850 hours playing time, when I was getting older I was losing interest in Pokémon, but then about 2 weeks ago I bought Pokémon Firered for the second time nonstop playing I was! Here are the love's of Pokémon Firered:
    • It has a great storyline to it, even after the Elite 4.
    • My favourite of all starters.
    • Of all Pokémon the original 151 are my favourite!
    • The nexts games; Ruby and Sapphire aren't as good as Firered and Leafgreen simply for their lack of 'realisticness'. What I mean by this is that I think Firered and Leafgreen look more realistic, does anyone else agree?
    • The levels od the elite four are alot higher then the next games out on portable consoles.
    • Purely because I treasure this game and always have for years!
    My flaws to the game:
    • Why wasn't there a Pokémon Waterblue with Leafgreen and Firered!?
    • Slight lack of legendary Pokémon.
    Remember this is just my opinion, please; feel free to give feedback to my opinion! And yes, I have played many other Pokémon games!

bensgraphicdesign.

mr.bob467

youngster Bob
    Years
  • pokemon yellow was always my favorite. its the first one i ever played. i still play it today. yellow will always have a special place in my heart. if my cousin had never shown me yellow, i wouldnt be here today

EarthWolfblade

Returning breeder
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2013
    [SIZE="a"]FireRed/LeafGreen easily. As you said, the story is awesome and continues well after the elite four[/SIZE]

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Fire Red/Leaf Green for me since they're easy to get into, are rather addictive even by Pokemon standards, and still a good amount of stuff to do after the E4. Platinum, RSE, GSC, and the Gamecube series come close though and yes I know that's a lot but sorting it all out would take forever so I'm going with FR/LG solely in the end.

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2012
    I must admit, as they reinvented Pokémon Red, Blue, Silver and Gold. They need to reinvent Pokémon Yellow! They will one day, and it won't be as good because they'll chuck in all the new Pokémon and they should keep the original 151.

Years
  • Pokemon red was the first pokemon game I played...
    I was 6-7yo didn't even know English except the basics
    (also helped me to learn English :p)
    It was my favourite game for a looong time, I still have it in my desk and play sometimes...

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2013
    It's hard to pick. I loved the original Silver and was sad when it stopped working. For me, it's a tie between SoulSilver and Platinum. SoulSilver lets me replay my old favorite updated and upgraded, but Platinum was amazing for introducing Origin Forme Giratina and the Distortion World.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    Since my vote is other. My favorite Pokemon game is Pokemon crystal. I always play it. Its a fun game! ... :)

Turn-it

Coordinator/Elite Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2012
    My vote went to soul silver. In the 4th Gen HG/SS there was so much to do in those games! I had a blast cross training in Kanto and Johto! 16 gyms...amazing! Pokemon following you even shiny sprites....I loved it! The pokewalker.....I used it once but they have it! lol Batting red was definitely awesome. Beating trainers along the way and having them call you out the blue was amazing it felt like I had a real phone. You can even call up gym leaders and battle again! Oh yeah and a battle frontier! Soul silver has me won over.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2012
    I like Black and White, Since I have White I guess my vote goes there.
    I really enjoyed the story of that one and I for one like the new gen :)

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • Pokémon Silver Version, the game that made me love Pokémon.
    A fantastic game, with a perfect soundtrack, perfect characters, perfect Pokémons. I never spent as much time on a game as on Pokémon Silver.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • The poll seems a bit flawed. The paired games are close similar enough that they might as well share one slot. I Like HeartGold and SoulSilver but they're not different enough for me to give an edge to one or the other simply because I may prefer Lugia or Ho-oh. >_>

Years
  • It changes all the time.
    Right now, my favourite game is Platinum with Emerald second and HeartGold third.
    I tend to prefer the 'third' games (Crystal, Yellow, Emerald etc.) and remakes after all the games in that generation have been released, because the 'third' game expands on the first two, while I enjoy remakes regardless.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2014
    I voted for pokemon gold since I enjoyed it the most back in the day but it might have to do with my age at that time.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I voted for leaf Green though technically it's tied with Platinum. A cute girl protagonist goes a long way, at least in my book :) But Platinum had the best gameplay elements of them all thus far.

Special props goes to the GameCube series for having the best storyline of them all.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    If I could have selected more than one it would have probably been Yellow (which I voted for now) and S/E. I loved 2nd gen too but I can't remember much of playing the games.

Back