• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fear of Death?

Maera12

:D
    Years
    Um, I hope this thread is allowed but what do you guys think about people that are afraid that someone [family member, friend, etc] might pass away. I mean, there are some people that really worry and they cant enjoy life because they are really afraid of death. Do you guys know of anyway for someone to stop the fear or what do you 'personally' think about this kind of fearness?

Hope you guys do not mind about this thread. n_n;

Krafty Quill

Banned
    Years
    I'm not ready to leave. It's too scary to die. I'll have to be carried into the cemetery and be buried alive. O_O

Being afraid of death is just about the most brave a person can be. I'm more afraid of the method of dying than what it would be like to be in the state of death.

Years
    I'm not really afraid of death itself, but the way I'm going to die. Pain's always the issue or torment before death. But then again, I always try my best to have a better afterlife... >>

Years
    Every person, no matter how he or she tries to claim it, will have the instinctive fear of dying. Not death, but how that person would die. It's probably the same as the fear of the unknown.

Krafty Quill

Banned
    Years
    It is the same as the fear of the unkown because nobody really knows what comes after death or how one is going to die.

But being scared of death is brave. If brave can be defined as doing something you are scared to do, and you are afraid to die, and that person dies, then they are brave! ;)

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I am afraid to die. ; ; I just don't like the feel of graves and stuff. *shudder* I hope to live a long time. Hopefully to 90 years old, but things could happen. I just don't like death, it is too sad. I am so scared about my family passing away. I don't know what I can do if it happens. I hope they live a while longer.

Sorano

幸福☆
    Years
    People may say they aren't scared of death, but when the time is near, they will be. n__n;;

Honestly, right now, I am not scared of death. But that is probably because I try to never think about it. I just want to live my life without worrying about it, and embrace every moment I have here. But when I do think about it, I get a little scared. Because I still have so many things that I want to experience before my time is up, so many things that I have planned.

What I really spend time worrying about, though, is other people dying, because I don't want to be left behind.

Sad, sad topics. D:
    Karlii~

Chase Leader

Music Is My Miracle Drug!
    Years
    The only thing I fear about death is dying in confusion or dying confused. Other than that I don't fear death...the only people who fear death are those that have yet to start living.

Years
    Krafty Quill said:
    It is the same as the fear of the unkown because nobody really knows what comes after death or how one is going to die.

But being scared of death is brave. If brave can be defined as doing something you are scared to do, and you are afraid to die, and that person dies, then they are brave! ;)
    True, but doing something involves your conscious control and have an awareness to it. Since fear is an instinctive emotion, it is not in conscious control, thus being afraid is not considered as being brave.

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
    When you have lost someone very close to you die, there's an extremely awkward feeling you get. There's a point after their death you realize: They're gone. Not ever coming back. You can't ever see them again. I mean, you can FEEL their absence rather than just knowing it.

As of my opinion of death, well, I can't really say. I'm alwayed confused. I'm just really scared of my family ... what they be like for them if I died? Would they actually care and think about me? Of course, death is common and cannot be stopped. So death is just something normal and shouldn't be much of a big deal. *shrugs*

Krafty Quill

Banned
    Years
    Akinari said:
    True, but doing something involves your conscious control and have an awareness to it. Since fear is an instinctive emotion, it is not in conscious control, thus being afraid is not considered as being brave.

I know what you are trying to say but being afraid is not the only part of being brave. I said being afraid of dying but then going through with it anyway, that was brave! XD

I understand that dying can be more of something that happens to you than something you actually direct but details, details. ^^" Sometimes, we can control our fates, death included.

Natsuki

.bluefang.
    Years
    I think it's silly to worry so much about death. If you spend your life fretting about how or when you or a loved one is going to die, you'll end up wasting your life away...not to mention succombing to paranoia. Death isn't something I like, but I realize it's a fact of life and I, personally, try to deal with death as best I can.

I don't have a phobia of death or anything and yes, there have been times when I worry so much about someone I love and, knowing a certain situation they might be in, fear for their life. For me, the fear of dying isn't what scares me, it's what I'd be missing. I'm sure a lot of people can relate to that.

I guess if you've lost someone really close to you then it's easier to really fear death. Having someone you love die isn't a fun thing to have to deal with, so I guess that alone would make someone's fear of death become greater. ._.;

~Kelsey

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    It's only natural we fear death; those who do not, at this stage...well, brimful of confidence, I can't say what'll get you killed first. ^_^

Ah, but who am I to say? I'm fourteen, too young, and I don't believe I fear death as much..and I have no qualms with those who do. Preferences, I suppose. =)

pokemaster7

Is my Penguin army ready yet?
    Years
    When my docter told me my blood was poisond and i was going to die(I have an exiting life). i did'nt fear death, probibly cause the gas was also messing my thouts.note: the poison came from gas from the stove

Cait Sith

Swedish Meowth
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2006
    I'm not exactly afraid of death... More importantly, I'm afraid of seeing nothingness after I die. Personally, I believe in reincarnation, and walking the spirit planes in the Afterlife (if you're too lazy to go to the light, or don't know how to, or have unfinished business)...

But if I were to be wrong, and all I saw and felt after death was blackness? Man. I would hate for that to happen.

I remember when I had appendicitis, and my appendix was SO close to bursting...I didn't think about "OMG I'M GONNA DIE." Instead, I was hoping/praying for my afterlife to be good, and that I wouldn't forget this life.

Maybe fear of nothingness is the equivalent to fear of death? o.o;

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2013
    Of course I'm scared of death.

I love life too much to die right now.

But maybe later in life *when I'm in 70s or 80s* I'll appreciate the fact that I'll die.

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    fear of death to me, is like a silly phobia. Its going to happen, fearing it is pointless. scince all the terror and danger crap going on in the world right now, I realized that if I die, i die and thats just it. Don't get me wrong I love living, but its just something we eventually have to face, I guess I've just faced it prematurely.

Back