• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Features? Here have one! Oh don't be shy, here's another!

Knyte

Protector of Pokemon Realms
    Years
    Features (or mechanics as some would call it) in a game heavily influence whether a consumer would in fact get his hands on a game. 3D overworld and graphics, character customization, and mini-games are some of the features returning in the upcoming Gen VII games.

With Pokémon Sun and Moon coming in less than two months, most features that will be present in-game are almost closed in. In fact, this generation introduces both old, new, and revamped mechanics! This just makes the game even more exciting! Although the battle mechanics are mostly the same (turn-based), TPCi/GF are making some Z-moves bold moves to freshen up the gameplay!

Here are the features:

Main-game Features
    Spoiler:

Battle Features/Mechanics:
    Spoiler:

Social Features
    Spoiler:

Mini-Games
    Spoiler:

Other Important Features:
    Spoiler:

Which ones are you most excited to try? (Also included Zygarde cell collection! Internet capabilities!)
    I'm most excited for the revamped feature of customization! The amount of options are just insanely better now! (Although, hopefully, not as insane as the future games will be!)
    Poké-Finder is another thing for me since I never got to play Pokemon Snap! I just wanna spy on a Mimikyu and find out what's under there!!

Will these features affect you getting your own copy of the games?

(Excuse the size of the images, I only got them mostly from Google) :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2016
    Im mostly looking forward to poke-finder and im curious about the character customization looks like the customization will be a lot better than X & Y. What I would really like to see is a vs seeker like in firered and leafgreen i loved that feature and creeping like in ORAS that would make the game for me.

Knyte

Years
    Im mostly looking forward to poke-finder and im curious about the character customization looks like the customization will be a lot better than X & Y. What I would really like to see is a vs seeker like in firered and leafgreen i loved that feature and creeping like in ORAS that would make the game for me.

Poké Finder really looks promising with its internet capabilities! Hope they add to the feature making Poké Finder exclusive Pokémon only available once you find and take pics of them in their habitat! Much like catching on DexNav! (But that would be unlikely)

I'm also excited for how Festivals come into place! Hawaii is known for lively celebrations and traditional rituals!
    Will there be monthly/weekly festivals for each town with certain mini games from which we can earn festival coins?

Also, I remember before the battle with Groudon/Kyogre in ORAS where a cutscene takes place. It was so good! Do you think they'd make more cutscenes? Cause, personally, cutscenes make a game more memorable!

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    The only features I care for are character customization and the PokéFinder. I probably won't be using Z-Moves because the species-exclusive ones are exclusive to gen 1 Pokémon and I plan on using only new Pokémon while I play. And aside from Stoutland, I don't care for any of the Pokémon used in Pokémon Ride so it's definitely not a feature I'd buy the game for.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Alola Forms! Honestly, I've always been quite dismissive of the majority of Kanto Pokemon, but these new forms have really revived my likingness towards the Pokemon that have received them thus far.

Years
    For me, probably Alola Forms, Z-Moves and the expanded character customization. But in the big picture, I am looking forward for everything this game has to offer.

Years
    I'm actually looking forward to PokeRide more than anything! In the hopes that this actually replaces the HM system, I've always wanted to ride on my own Pokemon ever since forever! I know ORAS did this already with Soaring and to some degree with having certain Pokemon models being visible when you surf, but actually going the whole mile with it and including a bunch of other Pokemon that actually have some practical use is really neat, imo.

Second is Z-moves, because I really want to know what each type's Z-move really looks like!! It's exciting stuff. ^_^

I feel like having certain Pokemon have overworld surfing models like Lapras, Sharpedo and Wailmer was a tease of PokeRide becoming a thing. Even the soaring from OR/AS felt like it was a hint to PokeRide.

And yes, I want to see each type's Z-Move! We've only seen Electric, Fire, Grass, Water, Normal, Ghost and Fighting so far, along with some species-specific ones.

Knyte

Years
    Spoiler:

Character Customization is a big and well-known feature loved by many! Skins, character building from scratch at the start of a game, equippable armor/avatars are just a few types of customization from different games! It helps the player to identify with the hero/character whilst playing the game! I've also waited for this feature for a long time and was hoping we'd get one soon!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Alola Forms were a great way to reintroduce older Pokemon to those who haven't been accustomed to the Gen I Pokemon. Also to bring innovation and nostalgia at the same time! I think it was a brilliant move on TPCi/GF's part. I can honestly say the Pokedex does not need much more expansion rather adaptation and evolution!

Spoiler:

The HM system is getting a bit outdated. Do you think they should they introduce certain moves being allowed to do things that a HM can? (Eg. Leaf Blade can Cut, Fire moves won't be allowed because they might cause fires etc.)
    And OMG, Soaring was the best thing (if not one of the best things) to ever happen to Pokemon! The music, the being able to fly around the region! I seriously hope we get this back in the Alola region!
    Although I fear Poke-Ride will be exclusive and set to certain Pokemon. (eg. Charizard for Fly, Lapras for river/lake surfing, Sharpedo for sea, and etc.)

Spoiler:

I thought Z-moves were better than Mega-Evolution (squints at mega stones)
    Definitely excited for what this can do for pre-evolutions and pre-final evolution Pokemon! I really love how they use them on pre-evolved Pokemon! It just changes the gameplay entirely and maybe even keeping the I don't want to evolve you cause you're cute idea!

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
    I'm interested in Poké Finder the most out of these features. It seems like it would be quite fun, and I was always a fan of Pokémon Snap so this is a cool way to revisit it I guess. I'm interested to see how we'll be able to interact with the environment in different ways (hopefully!) to get more photos of Pokémon.

Knyte

Years
    I'm interested in Poké Finder the most out of these features. It seems like it would be quite fun, and I was always a fan of Pokémon Snap so this is a cool way to revisit it I guess. I'm interested to see how we'll be able to interact with the environment in different ways (hopefully!) to get more photos of Pokémon.

Me too!! And I just realized they already played with this feature in XY. but with our heroes!
    I can only imagine the beauty of the world in SM. :)

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
    I'm super excited about all the new features arriving in Sun and Moon, but I'm seriously HYPED for the Pokériding feature and the Alola Forms!
    Something I've always wanted was to ride certain Pokémon, and even though we had that feature in XY, it was limited to 2 Pokémon, and you could only ride them on specific small routes! ORAS improved that feature though! I enjoyed myself riding Shaperdo and flying alongside Latias! But now, the ability to call riding Pokémon, like it was some sort of "service" really makes me hyped! I can't wait to ride a Stouland ^^
    The Alola Forms though, was something I wasn't expecting! At first I didn't know how to feel about them, but now I LOVE THEM (even though they're exclusive to gen 1 Pokémon). It really makes me love Pokémon I didn't like before >.< Can't wait to use an Alola Marowak *-*

Knyte

Years
    I'm super excited about all the new features arriving in Sun and Moon, but I'm seriously HYPED for the Pokériding feature and the Alola Forms!
    Something I've always wanted was to ride certain Pokémon, and even though we had that feature in XY, it was limited to 2 Pokémon, and you could only ride them on specific small routes! ORAS improved that feature though! I enjoyed myself riding Shaperdo and flying alongside Latias! But now, the ability to call riding Pokémon, like it was some sort of "service" really makes me hyped! I can't wait to ride a Stouland ^^
    The Alola Forms though, was something I wasn't expecting! At first I didn't know how to feel about them, but now I LOVE THEM (even though they're exclusive to gen 1 Pokémon). It really makes me love Pokémon I didn't like before >.< Can't wait to use an Alola Marowak *-*

Pokeriding even though it may be set-Pokemon exclusive is an amazing feature nonetheless! And having lesser need for a lot of HMs is always a plus for me! I think they should add other models in the future! (Maybe atop Vileplume, for Poisoned ground things, Altaria for riding clouds, Rapidash for running atop Lava floors!) The Possibilities are endless!

As amazing the alola forms feel and look, I won't use them on my first play through. I would probably go for the Alolan natives first and then use other Pokemon on my next run! (Except for Alolan Milotic should it come) (I want to play both games this time around)

These games are introducing so much my mind is going places!

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
    As amazing the alola forms feel and look, I won't use them on my first play through. I would probably go for the Alolan natives first and then use other Pokemon on my next run! (Except for Alolan Milotic should it come) (I want to play both games this time around)

Yes, on my first playthrough I'm likely going to have only Gen 7 Pokémon on my team, since I want to have a full experience of all these new Pokémon ^^ But, if the Alola Dex isn't that big, and If I dislike most of them (there are so many that I love though), I might use one Alola Form on my team =D

Years
    Yes, on my first playthrough I'm likely going to have only Gen 7 Pokémon on my team, since I want to have a full experience of all these new Pokémon ^^ But, if the Alola Dex isn't that big, and If I dislike most of them (there are so many that I love though), I might use one Alola Form on my team =D

Like you, I was also initially planning a 7th Gen-only team, even with Alola Forms threatening them for a team slot. I don't personally hate any 7th Gen Pokemon, but if we get a small new Pokemon roster again I may have to resort to using older Pokemon again.

In my X playthrough everything on my initial team was 6th Gen except for a Roserade and Charizard. I was mainly using Charizard for the Mega.

Years
    I'm seriously excited for PokeRide, I've wanted something like this for soooo long and although they sort of tested it in Generation 6, it was never really fleshed out. I can't wait to ride, fly and surf round Alola on different Pokemon it's gonna be really good. Also, the PokeFinder looks cool too, some of the Pokemon look really cute running around and it'll be a nice to take a break from battling and just take some snaps.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    I'm really excited for the upgraded customization options, it was probably my favourite feature in XY and kept it's replay value for me, I love my male character model in X, and when I played through Y I had fun customizing my girl character and it really sunk in how I was kind of creating my own character and world or in other cases just self-inserting myself into the games and being my own Pokemon Trainer, instead of just playing someone else's story. Now, with being able to dye your clothes and having more hair style and colour optons, it's even more amazing, I could probably even cosplay other characters using this, I'm really excited to battle online and see customized trainers too, especially now that they stay on screen in battles!

I'm also super excited for Poke Finder! I never got to play Pokemon Snap as a kid, but after seeing Youtubers play it, I really wanted to, and as a person who loves to take pictures in real life too, I really can't wait to take pictures of Pokemon! It really builds the world too, and shows that Pokemon are animals too and not just tools to battle. I hope they really expand this feature.

Poke Ride!! Oh man! I can't wait to ride on a Stoutland, and soar the air with Charizard! I loved soaring in ORAS, but now we can do it (I believe) with a Charizard! I wasn't really a fan of the Lati's Mega evolutions so it'll be nice to do it with a Pokemon I like this time. I can't wait to see what other kind of Pokemon are rideable.

Battle Royale are super cool too, I'm gonna have a lot of fun with those with my friends! There's so much to do and explore in this game and I didn't even cover a fourth of it!! I'm so hyped!

Knyte

Years
    Spoiler:

Battle Royale seems amazing!! I only got one friend I know who plays so.. :( But I'm guessing it would have online features! So rooms probably?
    The game is so different from previous gens that anything could happen in this game! I wonder if we could throw "curve" pokeballs like in Pokemon Go. haha that'd be weird and cool but also OP so maybe not. xD

I would want to Soar with Altaria though! She's like a cloud ride! :O

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
    I think it would be cool if they had an online marketplace of sorts for dyed clothes, where you could browse other people's designs and maybe buy them! Might be tough to regulate I guess for things like censor bypass depending on to what extent you can dye your clothes, but I think it could be pretty fun! Sort of like a PokéPinterest haha.

Knyte

Years
    Spoiler:

They could, however, have 5 top outfits weekly? That would be great in showing off the game's customizability!
    This one's also a bit far-fetched but I like what you're thinking!! Is this their solution to Pokemon Miiverse posting within the games, though? :O
    I also remembered! Hope they add screenshots now for Miiverse!! It's one that I needed on Pokemon AS so I could take Journal Entries. Never got to do it. :(

Knyte

Years
    Spoiler:

Actually, Charlie Brown's article sums it up pretty nicely! I highly recommend you read his article in the Pok?mon Sun and Moon Main Forum! Let's discuss!! I'll just update the first post to include all the features and have it in a concise summary!
    Have a great day guys! :)

(also sorry for making thread noise)

I updated the first post to have a wider coverage of the game's features! Feel free and, please, check it out!

Back