• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Feedback for my team?

Years
    I've been using this team for a while, so far it's working pretty well for me. Well, here it is:

Cinccino@King's Rock
    Ability: Skill Link
    Jolly
    4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    -Tail Slap
    -Bullet Seed
    -Rock Blast
    -U-turn

Greninja@Life Orb
    Ability: Protean
    Timid
    4 HP/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
    -Taunt
    -Dark Pulse
    -Scald
    -Ice Beam

Ferrothorn@Rocky Helmet
    Ability: Iron Barbs
    Relaxed
    252 HP/48 Def/ 208 SpD
    -Thunder Wave
    -Leech Seed
    -Protect
    -Stealth Rock

Gourgeist(Super)@Quick Claw
    Ability: Frisk
    Careful
    252 HP/ 4 Def/ 252 SpD
    -Leech Seed
    -Will-O-Wisp
    -Protect
    -Phantom Force

Rapidash@Choice Band
    Ability: Flash Fire
    Jolly
    4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
    -Wild Charge
    -Flare Blitz
    -Megahorn
    -Poison Jab

Florges@Leftovers
    Ability: Flower Veil
    Calm
    252 HP/ 4 SpA/ 252 SpD
    -Moonblast
    -Aromatherapy
    -Wish
    -Protect

Suggestions are appreciated, thanks!!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    Cinccinos... hate those things cuz I often don't bring something to stop 'em.

Anyway, for the rest of your team:
    Greninja should use Hydro Pump over Scald, and doesn't really need Taunt. Your team is spreading enough status as is, so Scald's burn chance will probably go to waste. in place of Taunt, you could use, Grass Knot, Spikes, Hidden Power, or something.
    Ferrothorn should use Gyro Ball instead of Protect so it doesn't become Taunt bait and setup bait.
    Gourgeist should use Shadow Ball/Shadow Claw instead of Phantom Force. It's cool and all (and I'll admit I'm guilty of keeping Shadow Force my on Giratina-O), but its easy to deal with since it has a set-up turn.
    Rapidash doesn't need Poison Jab; it hits Fairies hard enough with its other attacks (especially Flare Blitz) and Poison Jab doesn't offer any extra coverage. But Low Kick (or was it Low Sweep?) does, against Rock types, which its other moves don't deal with so well. So go with that, if its not too much trouble (chances are you won't need it that much and will be spamming Flare Blitz).

Other than those few moves changes, you don't really need to change anything else, as far as I can tell.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Rapidash isn't that good. Seriously. Because of its shallow move pool and the fact that Poison Jab is redundant with Flare Blitz, while Megahorn has no noteworthy coverage. Arcanine is the superior choice because of its better stats and movepool:
    -Flare Blitz
    -Extreme Speed
    -Wild Charge/Crunch
    -Close Combat/Morning Sun
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 72 HP/252 Atk/8 SDef/176 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Expert Belt
    Ability: Intimidate/Flash Fire

Gourgeist is commonly seen as a physical wall, so it may be a better idea to take advantage of its physical Defense. Quick Claw is frowned down upon competitively because it's dependent on luck:
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Leech Seed
    -Protect/Pain Split
    -Seed Bomb/Shadow Sneak
    Nature: Impish
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def
    Item: Leftovers

If you're playing under item clause, Trevenant is a good alternative because it uses Berries for Harvest most of the time:
    -Horn Leech/Wood Hammer
    -Earthquake/Rock Slide
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Rest
    Nature: Careful/Impish
    EVs: 252 HP/140 SDef/116 Spe (Careful) or 252 HP/176 Def/80 Spe (Impish)
    Item: Leftovers/Lum Berry
    Ability: Natural Cure/Harvest

or
    -Substitute
    -Leech Seed
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Phantom Force
    Nature: Careful/Impish
    EVs: 252 HP/140 SDef/116 Spe (Careful) or 252 HP/176 Def/80 Spe (Impish)
    Item: Sitrus Berry
    Ability: Harvest

As Zekrom pointed out, Ferrothorn is complete Taunt bait, but here's a better alternative because Thunder Wave and Gyro Ball don't mesh together:
    -Spikes/Stealth Rock
    -Leech Seed
    -Power Whip/Protect
    -Gyro Ball/Thunder Wave
    Nature: Relaxed
    EVs: 252 HP/208 Def/48 SDef
    Item: Leftovers/Shed Shell
    Ability: Iron Barbs

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    Right, forgot that Thunder Wave and Gyro Ball don't mix. So go with Power Whip, and keep Thunder Wave. Keep Rocky Helmet on Ferrothorn as well, so you don't have to worry so much about who to give Leftovers. As Platinum pointed out, Shed Shell works nicely too; I've seen a few Magnezones, a headache for Ferrothorn, wandering about recently.

I wouldn't count Rapidash out. You've seen what a Choice Banded Starraptor can do, right? Although, it'd be best to have Rapidash with an Adamant nature instead; Starraptor can get away with not using an Adamant nature, Rapidash can't.

And yeah, Gourgeist would be better as a physical wall. Florges is a special wall, Ferrothorn mixed, so why not complete things with a physical wall?

Years
    Greninja should use Hydro Pump over Scald, and doesn't really need Taunt. Your team is spreading enough status as is, so Scald's burn chance will probably go to waste. in place of Taunt, you could use, Grass Knot, Spikes, Hidden Power, or something.

Gourgeist should use Shadow Ball/Shadow Claw instead of Phantom Force. It's cool and all (and I'll admit I'm guilty of keeping Shadow Force my on Giratina-O), but its easy to deal with since it has a set-up turn.

Rapidash doesn't need Poison Jab; it hits Fairies hard enough with its other attacks (especially Flare Blitz) and Poison Jab doesn't offer any extra coverage. But Low Kick (or was it Low Sweep?) does, against Rock types, which its other moves don't deal with so well. So go with that, if its not too much trouble (chances are you won't need it that much and will be spamming Flare Blitz).

Yeah you're right, maybe Taunt is way overkill, will Hidden Power Dragon do much?(Just in case of Mega Charizard X). I also have to agree with you about Gourgeist and Rapidash, Phantom force is really cool, but it's set up bait, I might consider Shadow Sneak. Well I better breed Rapidash with Low Kick, since Megahorn will most likely miss, and with Low kick Rapidash can K.O. a Tyranitar. Anyway thanks for pointing that out!

Rapidash isn't that good. Seriously. Because of its shallow move pool and the fact that Poison Jab is redundant with Flare Blitz, while Megahorn has no noteworthy coverage. Arcanine is the superior choice because of its better stats and movepool:
    -Flare Blitz
    -Extreme Speed
    -Wild Charge/Crunch
    -Close Combat/Morning Sun
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 72 HP/252 Atk/8 SDef/176 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Expert Belt
    Ability: Intimidate/Flash Fire

Gourgeist is commonly seen as a physical wall, so it may be a better idea to take advantage of its physical Defense. Quick Claw is frowned down upon competitively because it's dependent on luck:
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Leech Seed
    -Protect/Pain Split
    -Seed Bomb/Shadow Sneak
    Nature: Impish
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def
    Item: Leftovers

Actually, I'm also considering Arcanine as an alternative to Rapidash since it's a beast. And Will-O-Wisp is there to cover Gourgeist's Physical Defense, and is Big Root a good alternative just to abuse leech seed? Because I don't quite like Trevenant even if it's 50% on Harvest, I'd rather use him in a sun team. And I'm considering to replace Protect with Pain Split since she is slow.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions and pointing out the flaws!! I'll consider the suggestions!! Thanks again!!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Yeah you're right, maybe Taunt is way overkill, will Hidden Power Dragon do much?(Just in case of Mega Charizard X). I also have to agree with you about Gourgeist and Rapidash, Phantom force is really cool, but it's set up bait, I might consider Shadow Sneak. Well I better breed Rapidash with Low Kick, since Megahorn will most likely miss, and with Low kick Rapidash can K.O. a Tyranitar. Anyway thanks for pointing that out!

Actually, I'm also considering Arcanine as an alternative to Rapidash since it's a beast. And Will-O-Wisp is there to cover Gourgeist's Physical Defense, and is Big Root a good alternative just to abuse leech seed? Because I don't quite like Trevenant even if it's 50% on Harvest, I'd rather use him in a sun team. And I'm considering to replace Protect with Pain Split since she is slow.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions and pointing out the flaws!! I'll consider the suggestions!! Thanks again!!

Sitrus Berry + Harvest also pairs well with Trevenant's Phantom Force because it helps stall for extra burn/Leech Seed damage, as well as helping Trevenant regain its Sitrus Berry more easily without having to take a hit. Trevenant is also easy to keep alive for this reason, among others.

Also, Big Root shouldn't be bothered with. Ever.

Years
    Sitrus Berry + Harvest also pairs well with Trevenant's Phantom Force because it helps stall for extra burn/Leech Seed damage, as well as helping Trevenant regain its Sitrus Berry more easily without having to take a hit. Trevenant is also easy to keep alive for this reason, among others.

Also, Big Root shouldn't be bothered with. Ever.

Never thought of that, well I better try him, thanks a lot!!

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2013
    I agree 100% with previous posts.
    Also a little bit of input of my own: Personally I am a trainer that absolutely loves priority moves. Shadow Sneak, Mach Punch, Ice Shard, all common on my teams.
    I think you may have trouble dealing with a well set-up Conkeldurr or Breloom. I know they're a bit uncommon, but their boosted mach punches and possibly high attack can really hurt your team.
    I'd suggest getting a pokemon that can break their streak? A venasaur could handle Breloom, but Conkeldurr knowing Ice punch/Fire punch could be a problem. Not sure. Just some thoughts.

Back