• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

feeling bad when your Pokemon faints

Kristine

Pokemon Addict Since 1998
    Years
    I do feel a bit guilty, but fainting is just part of growth; it's just the point when the Pokemon is too injured to continue battling. I try to switch out my Pokemon just before it actually does feint so that it doesn't get to that point. :) I have rules for myself that I won't use medicinal items while in combat, and I also have battle style on Set to give it more of a realistic feel. I managed to beat the Elite Four and Unova Champion under those rules and only had two of my Pokemon actually faint throughout the five battles, so I was pretty happy with it. :) I get more connected with my favorite team than I probably should, and I feel bad if I let them down.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Annoyed, yes. Guilty, no. Then again, I go to extraordinary efforts to make sure that my Pokemon don't faint, at least in-game. In competitive battling situations, I don't really care unless that Pokemon was vital to my overall battle plan.

I just don't like them fainting in game because usually at least a couple utilize Return.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I usually feel bad, unless the Pokemon was screwing around during the fight, like if it's traded and it thinks it's being cool by not listening to me. Rebelling isn't funny, Electivire! Oh, and Heaven forbid Petilil faints. I don't even like fighting them. :(

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    I don't feel back, I feel annoyed that I have to go back too the Pokemon Center. It's like life, at some point in time you will eventually die and the same concept applies to battling expect in this case it's fainting.

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
    Years
    Yeah, I definitely feel bad, and I talk to my Pokemon, even if it's in my head. ("Oh, I'm sorry *insert name*. You did well, take a good rest.") Yeah, I get a little too attached and into it. XD

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
    I feel annoyed since it ruins my plans, but that also depends on who has fainted. Mostly I feel annoyed instead of guilty though...

SolWolf

This user is over 9000!
    Years
    I always do, but then I use a Revive them and feel better. In Pokemon, Revives are like the ultimate anti-depressants.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    ya i do especially when its my favorite pokemon on my team. but i dont really let it bug me i just revive it asap or bring it to the pokemon center.

Blazing Flare

Burning brightly
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2012
    I only feel bad about pokemon fainting when its one I really like that goes down, but yeah, more annoyed than guilty.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    is it just me?
    Yeah it probably is

do you feel bad when your Pokemon faints?
    No because it is a part of life when a Pokemon faints. Its kind of like in real life, we can't win them all

:t354:TG

Back