• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

feeling bad when your Pokemon faints

Raizhu

the end
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    A lot of the time, yes. Sometimes I accept it and know that they wouldn't have won anyway.

Autaven

Gamer Girl
    Years
    I do sometimes yeah. I feel like if Pokemon was real life I would love them like I love my dogs, and if something happened to them I would be devastated... my mind clearly goes to far when I'm playing :P

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I used to, but mostly because I didn't know the statistics on happiness and thought that it would make them really unhappy. But now that I know that it barely affects anything, I'm not really affected. xD

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I feel bad when my Pokemon faints because I feel that it put so much work into battling. That, and I get frustrated when I need to use that Pokemon later on.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Nope. Not at all. I know that fainting is unavoidable consequences in battle. Sad over for a Pokemon that faint in battle will make me feel that I'm not ready as battler yet.

Ray F

' Friendship > Chuck Norris
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2016
    I used to never feel bad when any of my Pokémon fainted.
    After playing a Nuzlocke I feel weird when any of my Pokémon faints.

I mean, now I feel weird but right after playing those Nuzlocke challenges I used to feel that I was cheating when my Pokémon fainted and I didn't released them, I felt like they were dead. Damn you Nuzlocke Challenge.

=(^.^)=

Rawrr♥ PC's Snugglemonster
    Years
    Yes >.<
    I even will buy them a special treat for forgiveness, like a lemonade or sodapop or vitamin or something.
    But yeah <3 :3

Last edited:

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
    I used to not really care, but doing couple nuzlocke challenges changed all that belief. I now deeply care for my pokemon, even if they tend to be "just pixels."

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    I do feel a little bad inside, but if you think more deeply about it, it's only just a game. Pokemon fainting is bound to happen, so don't make a big deal out of it.

Where's the fun in having no feeling of as if you were in the game? :p

Btw, yeah I feel bad if it is a favorite of mine. I even feel bad that I sometimes use one on my team as a 'damage taker' while I heal the others and what not.

7Mufasa7

Velohsytea
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2014
    nah, well unless it did a really good job battling.

just revive them and theyre fine :)

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    I normally get annoyed when my pokémon faints, especially if that particular pokémon is important for a strategy I'm planning.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    I only get annoyed when they faint. ): Mainly because I'm trying to rush and them fainting makes it worse. If anything I feel annoyed when they faint. I don't really feel emotions for Pokemon, lol. I used to, a few years ago.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    A bit. When the team's main tank gets OHKO'd (assuming it lacks the sturdy body ability), it's most shocking and disappointing.

Back