• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Feminism

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    The terms "pro-choice" (which is a misnomer) and "feminism" are oxymorons when used together in the same sentence.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    The terms "pro-choice" (which is a misnomer) and "feminism" are oxymorons when used together in the same sentence.

Feminism
    Okay, I think that flew over my head. It would seem you're calling having both pro-choice and feminism a paradox.

...But...then I just sort of lose my train of thought in a terrible train wreck. :cer_blush: In other words, I don't understand what you're trying to get at.

Years

The term for that is "playa". xD
    Well, "sexual prowess" is considered a more positive thing among boys, whereas it has a dirty connotation with girls . . . I agree, that's sexist. If you'd like to coin your own term for filthy boy****s, I'd be more than happy to use the term as well. <3
    Although I just call them *****s because that's what they are. :P

That's because of decades-old double standards for chastity. And there is a term for men, but it's not as effective because men have a tendency to applaud sexual deviance when their friends perpetrate it.

Clarify this statement, please.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    Feminism/Sexism is complicated, but can easily be related to racism. It is all about equal rights, right? Many of the more extreme ways of thinking on both sides tend to mistake legal compensation for equality. History has happened and passed, and there is nothing we can do about it. Stereotypes and other similar ways of thought have been established within societies and battling them through society is a long and tedious process when done with the intent of success. Most people of those offended want a quick solution, and turn to deal with it legal. Anything our legal system can do to actually deal with common sexism/racism (not stuff like the woman and man being paid differently at unfair amounts) will essentially be them compensating for those societal problems rather than an actual fix, since laws can't control the individual mentally.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    I would actually consider racism and sexism very different for one simple reason Theo.

Racism is a matter of equality.
    Sexism is a matter of equal rights.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    I would actually consider racism and sexism very different for one simple reason Theo.

Well, yes, but like all things they have their similarities, specifically the one I was explaining. Though the idea that they have similarity wasn't the actual point of the post, what was similar was. It was more of a connection so it would be a broader statement, and therefore more accessible.

Zet

Years
    Feminism
    Okay, I think that flew over my head. It would seem you're calling having both pro-choice and feminism a paradox.

...But...then I just sort of lose my train of thought in a terrible train wreck. :cer_blush: In other words, I don't understand what you're trying to get at.
    I think they're trying to say both groups of people are idiots or something.

Aren't they both for the same thing? Like decades ago, black people weren't allowed to vote, as well as women but then they got equal rights to vote and everyone was happy.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    Just because the world isn't perfect doesn't mean they don't exist. Some people very much do give equal rights between men and women. The problem you have here is that right now the issue is two sided. Neither men or women are particularly in the wrong in this modern day because it's mostly certain individuals or small groups that don't give equal rights.
    Yes, equal rights may exist to some, but that isn't speaking for the entire population of Earth. There will always be that one woman who thinks it's okay to hit a guy because they can't get in trouble, and there will always be that one guy who abuses women because he's bigger than they are.

However, I think you took what I said completely out of context. I'm upset because women think it's okay to abuse males, since there isn't really a law that says not to. If a guy hits a girl, even if he's defending himself, he's either a jerk, in prison, or $500,000 poorer.

Like I said earlier, I'm not trying to make women seem like jerks. 80-90% of them do the right thing, but there's that small 10% that doesn't. Of course, I just pulled those figures from the top of my head, but you get the idea.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    Wow. Um... really it's women like these that give the plight a very, very bad name.

Actually these days I don't really want to identify with "feminism" due to the trend these days for it to mean "equality over men" (haha oxymoron) instead of "equality with men" and instead prefer to say that I support "equality of the sexes"... I don't say feminism any more. In some branches feminism is going way too far. Honestly I don't understand this whole logic of "we can do what we like because your kind oppressed us in the past!" or "we can do what we like because your kind oppresses us even though you as a person seem to be actually pretty all right we can still shun you because you're one of them!"

Can't be sexist against men? Oh please. That's just... I don't know, I can't follow that logic.

I agree, so much. The minute you tell somebody that you are a Feminist these days, they automatically assume that you are a man-hating monster, as opposed to somebody who is still campaigning for equal rights in the workplace (hay government, I can has equal pay nao?). I now refer to myself as an "equalist", because I also see that there are plenty of issues that also affect men (denial that men can be victims of domestic abuse, an imbalanced system when it comes to who maintains custody of the children during divorce, and don't get me started on paternity leave). Honestly, the UK needs to get itself a better pair of weighing scales so that we can see exactly where we're going wrong -.- Women are not just automatically baby-making machines who can't be raped because we're also all cockerel-teases, and alternatively it needs to be more acceptable for a man to admit he has been a victim of abuse without being laughed at, or to want to be a stay-at-home father (like mine :3), or simply want to be something other than a machismo-driven testosterone-fuelled pillock.

As for the whole 'you can't be sexist against men' thing? Just...lol. Takes one to know one, eh?

Zet

Years
    You know the only thing I can think of that women don't have as an equal, is being able to get into a physical fight with a man because Australia says no to violence against women.

And I'm pretty sure they get the same pay rate as men here.

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
    Feminism is the practice of my wife thinking she is allowed to leave the kitchen.
    Feminism

What happens when womens gets out of the kitchen dude...
    I classify myself as a feminist and definitely oppose equality of genders. I'd say the two terms are very very different my friend and should never be confused.

Look at it like a math problem

Equality would be
    Man = Woman

Obviously this is a bad equation. Unlike Black = White which makes sense, Men simply are not the same as women.

Equal Rights would be far more complex. Do you see what I mean?

I'd disagree there, but at that I have nothing particularly note worthy to show why I disagree other than that I feel society as it is now is very nice. (Relevant to the topic, anyway)
    <HTML>
    <BODY>
    <TROLL>
    Women need to just sit in the kitchen and be prepared for night. That's all what they are good for.
    </TROLL>
    </HAWTBODY>
    </HTML>

My humble opinion..
    I dunno (what about this thread). I give women same rights as I get. (AFA I myself go)

BTW, talking about sexist / sexism / whatever crap that I don't understand anyway:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nly8_NhtRhQ&NR=1

..I do believe we got our lesson ^. Don't mezz (LOLFALLOUT3LOL) with women.

Back