• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Gen 1] FeraligatrMaster's Yellow adventure

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    A while ago, I've decided to finally start playing Pokemon Yellow. I've never owned any Gen 1 game on cartridge. However, I did manage to play them on emulators. I've played Pokemon Red in 2013, and now it's time for Pokemon Yellow!

Before playing, I did quite a bit of research, and found out about the Ditto glitch. I intend to use that glitch, as well as the Mew glitch, to capture all Pokemon not legally obtainable in Pokemon Yellow. To ensure success, I'll postpone fighting certain trainers until I get the Fly HM and a Pokemon that can use it.

I'll also implement Special caps.
    • If any of my Pokemon gets their Special stat at a certain number, I can't use them again until I've got the Pokemon linked to that index number. For example: Gengar's index number is 14, so if any of my Pokemon gets a Special stat of 14, I must stop using them until I get a Gengar.
    • If any of my Pokemon gets a higher Special stat without ever getting it at 14, I can keep using them until they reach the next Special cap.
    • Major team members, like Pikachu, are exempt from this rule.

Furthermore, as always, I'll try to hit every opposing trainer's Pokemon super effectively if I can. If I can't, I'll either use Pikachu, or a Normal type Pokemon. Also, no items during battle, except at the Elite Four. And last but not least, I'll try to prevent any Pokemon in my team from overlevelling my Pikachu.

With those rules, I started my journey. I named my character Ash, after the main protagonist from the anime, and I named my rival Gary.

Of course, I started off in Pallet Town, with a Pikachu. Gary got an Eevee. He challenged me to a battle, and I won.

After defeating Gary, I went to Viridian City to pick up Oak's Parcel, which I had to deliver to Professor Oak. As I delivered his parcel, I got a Pokedex.

I found out that if I could defeat Gary on Route 22 without catching any Pokemon beforehand, Professor Oak would give me some Poke Balls for free. Therefore, I trained my Pikachu up to level 8, and then I challenged Gary. His Spearow was easy to defeat, but his Eevee gave me some trouble. Even so, my Pikachu pulled through.

With Gary defeated once more, I headed back to Oak's lab, and he gave me 5 Poke Balls. Additionally, there was a Poke Ball at Viridian Forest. With those Poke Balls, I could catch a Pidgey and a Rattata at Route 1. At Route 22, I could catch a Spearow, a Mankey, and both Nidorans. And finally, a Caterpie at Viridian Forest. I still had to buy some extra Poke Balls to catch them all.

With all those Pokemon caught, I trained them until level 8. My Caterpie evolved, but my Nidoran F got its Special to 14, so I had to box that one. After my training, I went through Viridian Forest, and only fought 1 Bug Catcher, who used a Paras. I let my Spearow take it on.

After getting through Viridian Forest, I reached Pewter City, which has the first Gym. Before taking it on, I trained my Pokemon to level 9. My Nidoran M got its Special to 14 too, so I let it accompany my Nidoran F in the box. My Mankey learned Low Kick. Of course, I trained my Pikachu further, allowing it to learn Thunder Wave and Quick Attack.

With that, I decided to challenge the Pewter Gym. Before I could face its Gym Leader, Brock, I had to take on a Jr. Trainer. He had a Diglett and a Sandshrew. I let my Pikachu take on the Diglett with Quick Attack. As for the Sandshrew, I let my Normal types deal with that one. It was more of a struggle than the Diglett, but ultimately, I won.

Before I take on Brock, here are the current statistics of my run:

Major team members:
    Pikachu
    Spearow
    Mankey

Minor team members:
    Metapod
    Pidgey
    Rattata
    Nidoran F*
    Nidoran M*

* - Special at 14

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 31, 2023
    Great minds think alike! I restarted Red this week; with the upcoming closure of the eShop I figured why not go back to basics and complete a save file in Gen 1 :) Also, I saw that there was a glitch to get a Mew and make it transferable to the latest generation so I'll attempt that, too.

How did you come up with the special cap of 14? It seems quite low to me!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Great minds think alike! I restarted Red this week; with the upcoming closure of the eShop I figured why not go back to basics and complete a save file in Gen 1 :) Also, I saw that there was a glitch to get a Mew and make it transferable to the latest generation so I'll attempt that, too.

How did you come up with the special cap of 14? It seems quite low to me!
    Well, there's also a glitch involving Ditto. To perform this glitch, you have to do the first part of the Mew glitch (flying away from a long-range trainer before they approach you), then encounter a wild Ditto, and then let it transform into one of your own Pokemon. Then, at the route from which you flew away, you can encounter a Pokemon, depending on the Special stat of the Pokemon that the wild Ditto transformed into.

If you let a wild Ditto transform into a Pokemon with a Special stat of 14, you'll encounter a Gengar, as its index number is 14. All Pokemon tied to lower index numbers can be obtained legitimately in Pokemon Yellow.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I challenged Brock with my Mankey. He had a Geodude and an Onix. Both of his Pokemon went down with 2 Low Kicks, even though his Onix was faster than my Mankey.

As a reward, Brock gave me the Boulder Badge, as well as a TM containing Bide. I sold the TM, as I don't like Bide. After that, I trained my Pokemon up to level 10. My Metapod evolved into Butterfree and learned Confusion. I'm promoting it to major team member.

Next up, I went to Route 3. Here, I had to fight a Bug Catcher and a Youngster. After that, I had to fight either a Bug Catcher or a Lass to progress any further. I fought the Bug Catcher, as he was a short-range trainer. After that, there was one more Bug Catcher I couldn't avoid.

With those trainers defeated, I could reach the grass patches in Route 3. Here, I encountered a wild Sandshrew, which I caught. Then I trained my Pokemon up to level 11, before heading into Mt. Moon. My Pidgey got its Special stat at 14, so I boxed it.

Before Mt. Moon, there's a Poke Center with a Magikarp salesman. I could've bought a Magikarp, but I didn't, because in Fuchsia City, you can fish wild Magikarp with the Super Rod. I'm going to do that instead.

Anyways, I entered Mt. Moon. Here, I encountered wild Geodude, Zubat, Paras, and Clefairy. When I caught the last 2, their Special stats were already above 14. Therefore, I'm going to train them until the second Special cap, which is 21, which is Mew's index number.

After catching those Pokemon, I trained them until level 11, but my Zubat got its Special stat to 14.

With that, time to go through Mt. Moon. Most trainers here were optional. The only mandatory trainers here were Jessie and James from Team Rocket, as well as a Super Nerd guarding 2 fossils. There was one Bug Catcher who, despite being optional, I fought anyways, because he was a short-range trainer. I also picked up a few Moon Stones.

On to the Super Nerd. He started off with a Grimer, and I sent out my Butterfree. I let my Butterfree use Confusion, but then the Grimer used Disable. Fortunately, Confusion didn't get disabled, but instead String Shot did. Relieved, I let my Butterfree finish it off. Then, the Super Nerd sent out a Voltorb. None of my Pokemon had any Ground type moves, so I sent out my Geodude. The Voltorb went down with little trouble. Finally, the Super Nerd sent out a Koffing. A few Confusions from my Butterfree were enough to take it down.

I picked up the Helix Fossil, because I like Omanyte more than Kabuto. After that, I had to fight Jessie and James. They started off with an Ekans, which my Butterfree dealt with. Then they sent out Meowth, which my Mankey took care of. Finally, they sent out a Koffing, which got taken out by my Butterfree.

As Jessie and James blasted off, I exited Mt. Moon. Here, I found a Great Ball, as well as a TM containing Whirlwind. Also, I reached a point of no return, leading to Cerulean City. To continue my journey, I have to go north, to Route 24. Also, I have to fight Misty, the Gym Leader of Cerulean City. I'm going to Route 24 first.

Major team members:
    Pikachu
    Butterfree
    Spearow
    Mankey

Minor team members:
    Pidgey*
    Rattata
    Sandshrew
    Nidoran F*
    Nidoran M*
    Clefairy
    Zubat*
    Paras
    Geodude

* - Special at 14

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Before going to Route 24, I inspected the houses in Cerulean City. In one house, there was a girl who had a Bulbasaur. To obtain the Bulbasaur, I needed a happy Pikachu. To make Pikachu so happy, I had to give it a Potion 5 times while it was at full HP.

After obtaining the Bulbasaur, I trained my Pokemon up to level 12. My Sandshrew got its Special to 14, and my Clefairy got its Special to 21, so I boxed them. I trained the rest of my Pokemon to level 13, allowing my Bulbasaur to learn Vine Whip.

Feeling ready, I went to Route 24, only to encounter Gary again. He challenged me to a rematch. He started off with a Spearow again, which was no match for my Pikachu. Afterwards, he sent out a Sandshrew. I let my Bulbasaur use Leech Seed against it, and then a few Vine Whips. Then, Gary sent out a Rattata. I sent out my Mankey. Fortunately, my Mankey was strong enough to handle the Rattata. Finally, Gary sent out his Eevee, which my Mankey also took care of.

After defeating Gary, I was free to go to Route 24. This route had a bridge known as the Nugget Bridge. I had to fight all trainers on this bridge. The last trainer was a Team Rocket member, recruiting young people for Team Rocket. He offered me to join too, but I couldn't. Not that I wanted to, but still. When I defeated him, he gave me a Nugget.

I sold the Nugget and bought a few Poke Balls. Then I went back to Route 24. There was a guy who had a Charmander, but because he couldn't take care of it, he gave it to me. Aside from that, Route 24 had some new Pokemon for me to catch: Oddish, Venonat, and Bellsprout.

After obtaining those Pokemon, I went to Route 25. Here, I had to choose between 2 paths: one with just a Hiker, and one with a Hiker and a Youngster. I took the first path. Then, I saw a Youngster with a Slowpoke. I'm obviously not fighting him yet. I did, lowever, had to fight a few Lasses and another Hiker. Then, I reached Bill's house. When I entered his house, Bill told me that he accidentally turned himself into a Pokemon, and my Pikachu was curious. Either way, I had to help Bill turn back into a human. As a reward, he gave me an S.S. Ticket.

Done at Routes 24 and 25 for now, I went back to Cerulean City. Now, I can either challenge the Cerulean Gym, or head to Route 5. If I go to Route 5, I have to fight a Team Rocket member with a Machop and a Drowzee. I'm going to train my Pokemon first. Also, I'm considering omitting Zubat from the Special cap rule, since it has Leech Life. Either that, or I could use my Pikachu or a Normal type Pokemon against the Drowzee.

For now, here are my current statistics:

Major team members:
    Pikachu
    Bulbasaur
    Charmander
    Butterfree
    Spearow
    Mankey

Minor team members:
    Pidgey*
    Rattata
    Sandshrew*
    Nidoran F*
    Nidoran M*
    Clefairy**
    Zubat*
    Oddish
    Paras
    Venonat
    Bellsprout
    Geodude

* - Special at 14
    ** - Special at 21

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I've decided to make an exception for Zubat regarding the Special cap rule. I've trained it along with the rest of my Pokemon. But as my Rattata and Geodude reached level 14, their Special stat reached 14 as well. I boxed them and trained the rest of my Pokemon up to level 15.

Time to fight the Rocket grunt. He started off with a Machop. I let my Spearow fight it. Although the Machop was strong, my Spearow managed to knock it out. Then the Rocket grunt sent out a Drowzee. I sent out my Zubat. The Drowzee had Confusion, Hypnosis, and Disable. My Zubat had Leech Life and Supersonic. I had to rely on luck for this battle. Many attempts later, I came out on top. The Rocket grunt gave me a TM containing Dig.

Then, I decided to take on the Cerulean Gym. I let my Pikachu take care of the trainers before challenging Misty, the Gym Leader. She started off with a Staryu, which did quite some damage to my Pikachu with Water Gun. Still, a few Thundershocks were enough to defeat it. Misty's second Pokemon was a Starmie. I decided to be cautious and let my Pikachu use Thunder Wave. Misty, on the other hand, foolishly used an X Defend. After the Starmie got paralyzed, it didn't get a chance to harm my Pikachu, as it missed an attack twice and got fully paralyzed once. With that, I defeated Misty. She gave me the Cascade Badge and a TM containing Bubblebeam.

I bought some extra Poke Balls, and then I went to Route 5. Here, I caught an Abra and a Jigglypuff. The Abra had a Special stat of 21, so I'm boxing it for the time being. As for the Jigglypuff, I trained it until level 12, and then its Special stat got to 14.

South of Route 5 was Saffron City. Unfortunately, the guards wouldn't let me through, so I had to go through the Underground Path, taking me to Route 6. This route had a few trainers blocking the way to Vermilion City, so I had to fight them.

Having reached Vermilion City, I encountered Officer Jenny, who had a Squirtle. However, she wouldn't give me the Squirtle yet. I need the Thunder Badge for that. Therefore, I headed east, to Route 11. Here, I caught a Drowzee. Route 11 also had the Diglett's Cave. Of course, I caught a Diglett here. The Diglett I caught knew Dig, a useful move for obvious reasons. I'm making it a major team member.

Next up, I'll enter the S.S. Anne. But first, my current statistics:

Major team members:
    Pikachu
    Bulbasaur
    Charmander
    Butterfree
    Spearow
    Diglett
    Mankey

Minor team members:
    Pidgey*
    Rattata*
    Sandshrew*
    Nidoran F*
    Nidoran M*
    Clefairy**
    Jigglypuff*
    Zubat
    Oddish
    Paras
    Venonat
    Abra**
    Bellsprout
    Geodude*
    Drowzee

* - Special at 14
    ** - Special at 21

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Before boardig the S.S. Anne, I trained my Pokemon up to level 17. My Bulbasaur and Charmander evolved, my Drowzee learned Confusion, and my Zubat's Special stat reached 21.

At the S.S. Anne, I searched for every item I could find, and every trainer I could fight. Gary was also on the S.S. Anne, and he wanted a rematch with me. With Pikachu, Ivysaur, and Mankey on my team, I was able to defeat Gary.

After defeating him, I met the captain. He was sick, so he was standing near a trash can the whole time. I had to rub his back. This made him feel better. He rewarded me with the Cut HM. I taught Cut to my Oddish.

With Cut obtained, I was able to challenge the Vermilion Gym. I don't like its puzzle. Actually, it's not even a puzzle, it's more of a guessing game. Either way, my Diglett defeated all of its trainers, after which I could challenge Lt. Surge. Surge only had a Raichu. As I let my Diglett use Dig, Surge used an X Speed on his Raichu. This proved to be in vain, as my Diglett was able to knock out the Raichu in a single hit. Lt. Surge rewarded me with the Thunder Badge and a TM containing Thunderbolt.

Before leaving Vermilion City, I picked up the Squirtle from Officer Jenny. I also entered the Pokemon Fan Club and got a Bike Voucher. Then I went through the Diglett's Cave, reached Route 2, and picked up the Flash HM, a Moon Stone, and an HP Up. I also met a guy who wanted to trade a Mr. Mime for a Clefairy. I'll come back for him later.

For now, I returned to Cerulean City and exchanged my Bike Voucher for a Bicycle. Next up, I have to go to Route 9. But first, I'm gonna train my Squirtle to catch up to the rest of my Pokemon.

Major team members:
    Pikachu
    Ivysaur
    Charmeleon
    Squirtle
    Butterfree
    Spearow
    Diglett
    Mankey

Minor team members:
    Pidgey*
    Rattata*
    Sandshrew*
    Nidoran F*
    Nidoran M*
    Clefairy**
    Jigglypuff*
    Zubat**
    Oddish
    Paras
    Venonat
    Abra**
    Bellsprout
    Geodude*
    Drowzee

* - Special at 14
    ** - Special at 21

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I trained my Squirtle up to level 16, causing it to evolve into Wartortle. With that, time to head to Route 9.

Route 9 had some trainers I had to fight. One of them was a Lass standing near a ledge I had to jump off of. Another was a Bug Catcher at the middle of the route. There was also a Bug Catcher blocking the way back to Cerulean City whom I could've avoided fighting by bringing my Abra with me, but I chose to fight him anyway.

At the other end of Route 9 was Route 10. Here, I caught a Magnemite and a Machop. The Magnemite had a Special stat of 44, which is Hitmonchan's index number. Therefore, I'm boxing it for now.

At Route 10, there was a dark cave known as the Rock Tunnel. The Flash HM was required to light this cave up. I taught it to my Abra. I didn't fight all trainers in the Rock Tunnel, but I did catch an Onix.

After getting through the Rock Tunnel, I reached Lavender Town. I headed west, to Route 8. West of this route was Saffron City, but I still couldn't enter, so I had to go through another Underground Path. There's a Gambler close to the Underground Path, whom I need for the Mew and Ditto glitches, so I'm not fighting him for the time being.

As I went through the Underground Path, I reached Route 7. West of Route 7 was Celadon City, which had a lot of things to do, like a Department Store, a Game Corner, and a Gym. West of Celadon City was Route 16. At Route 16, there was a house which could only be reached if I had a Pokemon with Cut. In this house, there lived a girl who gave me the Fly HM. Also, I caught a Doduo at Route 16.

Now having all the tools needed to perform the Mew glitch, there was one more thing left to do. I bought a Fresh Water at the Department Store in Celadon City. I gave that to the guard at Route 7, allowing me to reach Saffron City.

Now, let the glitching begin!

Major team members:
    Pikachu
    Ivysaur
    Charmeleon
    Wartortle
    Butterfree
    Spearow
    Diglett
    Mankey
    Doduo

Minor team members:
    Pidgey*
    Rattata*
    Sandshrew*
    Nidoran F*
    Nidoran M*
    Clefairy**
    Jigglypuff*
    Zubat**
    Oddish
    Paras
    Venonat
    Abra**
    Machop
    Bellsprout
    Geodude*
    Magnemite***
    Onix
    Drowzee

* - Special at 14
    ** - Special at 21
    *** - Special at 44

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    As intended, I performed the Mew glitch. First, I approached the Gambler required for the glitch. Then, I flew to Cerulean City, headed to Route 25, fought the Youngster with the Slowpoke, and then headed back to Route 8. Then, Mew appeared. I caught it with a Great Ball. Now, the Special cap of 21 can be lifted.

Back at Route 8, I checked if I could still fight the Gambler. I still could. Keeping that in mind, I searched for several other trainers, hoping to find different Pokemon. I fought the Lasses on Route 3, and each one of them allowed me to encounter a Gengar. After catching one, I lifted the Special cap of 14 as well.

At Route 11, there was an Engineer with a Magneton. I used him for the Mew glitch too, and that allowed me to encounter Magmar, a Pokemon that can't be obtained in the wild in Pokemon Yellow. I knew I had to catch it.

Now with the Special caps of 14 and 21 lifted, the Pokemon that I had with those Special stats were in commission again. I trained them to reach the levels of my main squad. My Abra and my Nidorans evolved. However, my Kadabra got its Special stat to 49, which is Golem's index number, so I'll take it out of commission for now. My Mew got its Special stat to 43, and my Gengar got its Special to 44, so they're also out of commission.

Furthermore, I caught an extra Clefairy to trade for a Mr. Mime, and I picked up an Eevee in Celadon City.

Right now, I plan to train my Pokemon, collect some new ones from the Game Corner, and smoke out the Rocket Hideout.

Major team members:
    Pikachu
    Ivysaur
    Charmeleon
    Wartortle
    Butterfree
    Pidgey
    Spearow
    Diglett
    Mankey
    Doduo

Minor team members:
    Rattata
    Sandshrew
    Nidorina
    Nidorino
    Clefairy
    Jigglypuff
    Zubat
    Oddish
    Paras
    Venonat
    Kadabra**
    Machop
    Bellsprout
    Geodude
    Magnemite*
    Gengar*
    Onix
    Drowzee
    Mr. Mime
    Magmar
    Eevee
    Mew*

* - Special at 43/44
    ** - Special at 49

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    At the Game Corner, I gambled until I could afford a Vulpix, a Pokemon not obtainable by any other means in Pokemon Yellow. And during training, my Pidgey evolved.

Time for the Rocket Hideout. Here, I found an extra Moon Stone. I also found a Team Rocket memeber with a Rattata, a Raticate, and a Drowzee. I performed the Mew glitch with him, allowing me to encounter a wild Hitmonchan. The Special cap of 43/44 has been lifted now. Also, I'll pick Hitmonlee in the dojo in Saffron City.

But before that, the Rocket Hideout. I fought all Rocket grunts, and also encountered Jessie and James again. My Diglett took care of their Ekans and Koffing, and my Mankey dealt with their Meowth. After defeating them, I could face Giovanni.

Before fighting him, I trained my Pokemon some more. My Gengar got its Special stat to 53, which is Electabuzz' index number, so it's out of commission again. My Machop learned Low Kick.

I decided to attempt fighting Giovanni with Ivysaur, Wartortle, and Machop. Giovanni had an Onix, a Rhyhorn, and a Persian. Onix and Rhyhorn went out easily. The Persian, on the other hand, worried me. However, Giovanni made some stupid mistakes. He used a Guard Specs on his Persian, and he let it use Growl instead of attacking my Pokemon. This allowed my Machop to defeat it with a few Low Kicks.

After his defeat, Giovanni left a Silph Scope behind. With this, I'm going to the Pokemon Tower in Lavender Town. Also, I have to fight Gary again. But before I take him on, here are my current statistics:

Major team members:
    Pikachu
    Ivysaur
    Charmeleon
    Wartortle
    Butterfree
    Pidgeotto
    Spearow
    Diglett
    Mankey
    Doduo

Minor team members:
    Rattata
    Sandshrew
    Nidorina
    Nidorino
    Clefairy
    Vulpix
    Jigglypuff
    Zubat
    Oddish
    Paras
    Venonat
    Kadabra*
    Machop
    Bellsprout
    Geodude
    Magnemite
    Gengar**
    Onix
    Drowzee
    Hitmonchan
    Mr. Mime
    Magmar
    Eevee
    Mew

* - Special at 49
    ** - Special at 53

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    The siege on the Pokemon Tower has begun! Gary had evolved his Spearow into a Fearow, added a Shellder and a Growlithe to his team, and kicked out his Rattata. My Pikachu dealt with his Fearow and Shellder, my Wartortle took on his Growlithe and Sandshrew, and I sent out my Nidorino against his Eevee. I let my Nidorino use Double Kick twice. The first time it did little damage, but the second time I got a critical hit, which finished off Gary's Eevee.

After Gary's defeat, I could proceed further into the Pokemon Tower. I caught a Gastly and 2 Cubone here. I traded one of them at Route 5 for a Machoke, which immediately evolved into Machamp. I'm keeping the other Cubone for myself.

Somewhere on the upper floors of Pokemon Tower, I encountered the ghost of a Marowak that has been slaughtered by Team Rocket. I sent out my Ivysaur against it. Although the Marowak ghost was strong, my Ivysaur managed to put it out of its misery with Leech Seed and Vine Whip.

At the top floor of the Pokemon Tower, I had to fight Jessie and James again. This time, they had an Arbok and a Weezing. Also, I decided to perform the Mew glitch with them.

For my fight against them, I sent out my Mankey against their Meowth. Meowth did a lot of damage to my Mankey, but 2 Low Kicks were enough to defeat it. Against their Arbok, I sent out my Diglett. With Dig, their Arbok was finished. Against their Weezing, I sent out my Drowzee. This one was the hardest to deal with, partially because my Drowzee wasn't very strong, but also because I had to get lucky with Hypnosis. In the end, though, the struggle ended with me coming out on top. After defeating them, I was able to encoutner a Koffing, another Pokemon not obtainable in Pokemon Yellow legitimately. Of course, I had to catch it.

After obtaining my own Koffing, I went back to the top of the Pokemon Tower and encountered Mr. Fuji. He brought me to his house and gave me a Pokemon Flute. With this, I was able to awaken Snorlax. I woke up both the Snorlax on Route 12 and the one on Route 16. I caught one of them and defeated the other one.

At Route 12, I went to pick up the Super Rod. Even so, I didn't proceed through Route 12, but rather through Route 16, where the Cycling Road started. One of the things I did here was catching a Ponyta. The other thing was looking for trainers to use for the Mew glitch. One of them allowed me to encounter an Electabuzz. I caught it and lifted the Special cap of 53.

At last, I reached Fuchsia City. This city has the Safari Zone, the Good Rod, and a Gym. I picked up the Good Rod. Then, I trained my Pokemon again. My Rattata, Spearow, and Diglett evolved, but my Gastly got its Special stat to 49.

My current goals are training my Pokemon, challenging the Fuchsia Gym, and going through the Safari Zone. For now, here are my current statistics:

Major team members:
    Pikachu
    Ivysaur
    Charmeleon
    Wartortle
    Butterfree
    Pidgeotto
    Fearow
    Dugtrio
    Mankey
    Doduo

Minor team members:
    Raticate
    Sandshrew
    Nidorina
    Nidorino
    Clefairy
    Vulpix
    Jigglypuff
    Zubat
    Oddish
    Paras
    Venonat
    Kadabra*
    Machop
    Machamp
    Bellsprout
    Geodude
    Ponyta
    Magnemite
    Gastly*
    Gengar
    Onix
    Drowzee
    Cubone
    Hitmonchan
    Koffing
    Mr. Mime
    Electabuzz
    Magmar
    Eevee
    Snorlax
    Mew

* - Special at 49

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    As I trained my Pokemon, my Paras learned Leech Life and evolved. My Sandshrew, Zubat, Oddish, and Bellsprout evolved as well. However, my Weepinbell got its Special stat to 49, which is Golem's index number, so I'm putting it out of commission now. Also, my Gengar got its Special stat to 72, which is Jynx' index number.

After training for a while, I went to Route 12 to catch a Farfetch'd. After that, I decided to challenge the Fuchsia Gym. Against the Jugglers, I used Parasect and Golbat. Against the Tamers, I used Cubone, Ivysaur, and Drowzee. My Drowzee got its Special stat to 49, but I decided to make an exception for it, so that I could use it against Koga, the Gym Leader of Fuchsia City.

Aside from my Drowzee, I also used my Magmar and Fearow against Koga. My Magmar took down 1 Venonat, but got poisoned while doing so. My Fearow took on another Venonat. Koga buffed up his Venonat's Attack with X Attacks, but it didn't land a single hit on my Fearow. I let my Drowzee take care of Koga's other Pokemon: a Venomoth and another Venonat. The Venonat didn't give me too much trouble, but the Venomoth did a lot of damage with Leech Life. I let my Drowzee put it to sleep with Hypnosis, before attacking it with Confusion. After a few Confusions, Koga's Venomoth woke up. Luckily for me, it missed an attack on my Drowzee, allowing me to put it to sleep again and attacking it with Confusion until it finally fell.

Koga rewarded me with the Soul Badge (which should've been the Marsh Badge). However, my Magmar got its Special to 49, so I think I'll put it out of commission for now.

Now, I'm going to the Safari Zone, catch all Pokemon I can catch there, and get the HM for Surf. Meanwhile, here are my current statistics:

Major team members:
    Pikachu
    Ivysaur
    Charmeleon
    Wartortle
    Butterfree
    Pidgeotto
    Fearow
    Dugtrio
    Mankey
    Doduo

Minor team members:
    Raticate
    Sandslash
    Nidorina
    Nidorino
    Clefairy
    Vulpix
    Jigglypuff
    Golbat
    Gloom
    Parasect
    Venonat
    Kadabra*
    Machop
    Machamp
    Weepinbell*
    Geodude
    Ponyta
    Magnemite
    Farfetch'd
    Gastly*
    Gengar**
    Onix
    Drowzee
    Cubone
    Hitmonchan
    Koffing
    Mr. Mime
    Electabuzz
    Magmar*
    Eevee
    Snorlax
    Mew

* - Special at 49
    ** - Special at 72

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I've gone through the Safari Zone, got the HM for Surf, picked up a bunch of Gold Teeth, and caught Exeggcute, Rhyhorn, Kangaskhan, Chansey, Tauros, Dratini, Goldeen, Poliwag, and Magikarp. However, I missed out on Scyther and Pinsir, so I went back to catch them too. I also caught a Tangela.

Done at the Safari Zone, I decided to go south of Pallet Town, through Route 21. At its end, I reached Cinnabar Island. This island has got a Gym, a laboratory, and the Pokemon Mansion. I couldn't enter the Gym yet, but I could deliver my Helix Fossil to the lab. The scientists revived it, and it became an Omanyte.

Before going to the Pokemon Mansion, I decided to look for some other Pokemon. At Route 10, there was a Power Plant. Here, I caught a Voltorb. At Route 12, I encountered a Slowpoke while surfing, and a Horsea while fishing with the Super Rod. At Route 6, I fished with the Super Rod and got a Psyduck. At Route 18, I could fish, but not Surf. Either way, I fished up a Shellder and caught it. And at Route 21, I encountered a Tentacool while surfing.

I could've looked for Krabby and Staryu too, but I'll do that later. Instead, I entered the Pokemon Mansion. Here, I encountered Growlithe, Grimer, and Ditto, and caught all of them. I'll use Growlithe and Grimer, but not Ditto.

Regarding Ditto, now I can perform the Ditto glitch! First, I used my Tangela, which had a Special stat of 49. This allowed me to encounter Golem. Then, I used my Gengar, allowing me to encounter Jynx. I caught both of them. Now, the Special caps of 49 and 72 have been lifted, and the Pokemon with those Special stats are in commission again. The next Special cap is 77, which is Meowth's index number.

I've decided to put Machop out of commission permanently, since I've already caught its entire line and its Special stat is so low that it isn't worth it to use for the Ditto glitch. I'm also making Gloom a major team member, since I don't want to teach Cut to anything else. Furthermore, I went to the gate at Route 15 to pick up the Exp. All, to make training my Pokemon easier.

For the time being, I'm going to train my Pokemon, and prepare them for the Celadon Gym. For now, here are my current statistics:

Major team members:
    Pikachu
    Ivysaur
    Charmeleon
    Wartortle
    Butterfree
    Pidgeotto
    Fearow
    Gloom
    Dugtrio
    Mankey
    Doduo

Minor team members:
    Raticate
    Sandslash
    Nidorina
    Nidorino
    Clefairy
    Vulpix
    Jigglypuff
    Golbat
    Parasect
    Venonat
    Psyduck
    Growlithe
    Poliwag
    Kadabra
    Machamp
    Weepinbell
    Tentacool
    Geodude
    Golem
    Ponyta
    Slowpoke
    Magnemite
    Farfetch'd
    Grimer
    Shellder
    Gastly
    Gengar
    Onix
    Drowzee
    Voltorb
    Exeggcute
    Cubone
    Hitmonchan
    Koffing
    Rhyhorn
    Chansey
    Tangela
    Kangaskhan
    Horsea
    Goldeen
    Mr. Mime
    Scyther
    Jynx
    Electabuzz
    Magmar
    Pinsir
    Tauros
    Magikarp
    Eevee
    Omanyte
    Snorlax
    Dratini
    Mew

Out of commission:
    Machop
    Ditto

Current Special cap: 77

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    While training my Pokemon, I managed to evolve my Poliwag, Geodude, Gastly, Magikarp, and Dratini. My Gengar, on the other hand, got its Special over 77, meaning I can't use it to obtain Meowth. I'll have to use it to obtain a Pokemon with a higher index number.

Either way, I challenged the Celadon Gym. Against Erika, the Gym Leader, I used Charmeleon, Pidgeotto, and Drowzee. Erika started off with a Tangela. It used Bind against my Charmeleon, but went down after a few Embers. My Drowzee could handle Erika's Weepinbell, but not her Gloom. Against her Gloom, I had to use my Pidgeotto. Her Gloom tried to cripple my Pidgeotto with powder moves, but in vain.

Erika was defeated, and she gave me the Rainbow Badge. This allowed me to use Strength outside of battle. I taught it to my Graveler, headed to the Seafoam Islands, and caught a Krabby, a Seel, and a Staryu. For the Staryu, I bought a Water Stone at the Department Store.

My current plans for this playthrough are:
    -training my Pokemon
    -challenging the Cinnabar Gym
    -driving Team Rocket out of Silph Co.
    -obtaining a Hitmonlee, a Lapras, and maybe a Porygon too

Major team members:
    Pikachu
    Ivysaur
    Charmeleon
    Wartortle
    Butterfree
    Pidgeotto
    Fearow
    Gloom
    Dugtrio
    Mankey
    Doduo

Minor team members:
    Raticate
    Sandslash
    Nidorina
    Nidorino
    Clefairy
    Vulpix
    Jigglypuff
    Golbat
    Parasect
    Venonat
    Psyduck
    Growlithe
    Poliwhirl
    Kadabra
    Machamp
    Weepinbell
    Tentacool
    Graveler
    Golem
    Ponyta
    Slowpoke
    Magnemite
    Farfetch'd
    Seel
    Grimer
    Shellder
    Haunter
    Gengar*
    Onix
    Drowzee
    Krabby
    Voltorb
    Exeggcute
    Cubone
    Hitmonchan
    Koffing
    Rhyhorn
    Chansey
    Tangela
    Kangaskhan
    Horsea
    Goldeen
    Starmie
    Mr. Mime
    Scyther
    Jynx
    Electabuzz
    Magmar
    Pinsir
    Tauros
    Gyarados
    Eevee
    Omanyte
    Snorlax
    Dragonair
    Mew

Out of commission:
    Machop
    Ditto

* - Special over 77

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Since one of my goals is to challenge the Cinnabar Gym, I had to find a key in the Pokemon Mansion. I found it, and then I got an idea. I decided to perform the Mew glitch with some trainers there. One of them allowed me to encounter a Meowth! I caught it and trained it to catch up to the rest of my Pokemon. It learned Pay Day. With this, I immediately promoted it to major team member. Also, the Special cap has been raised to 85, which is Raichu's index number.

I also went to the dojo in Saffron City, defeated all the trainers there, and picked up a Hitmonlee. Furthermore, my Drowzee evolved.

I've also decided to start a siege on Silph Co. During my siege, I had to fight Gary again. This time, Gary had evolved his Eevee into Jolteon. He's also evolved his Shellder and Vulpix, and replaced his Fearow with a Kadabra.

I sent out my Gyarados against his Sandslash and Ninetales. Gary's Pokemon were faster and did a lot of damage, but my Gyarados flushed them away with Surf. My Pikachu brought Gary's Cloyster down with ease. Against his Kadabra, I sent out my Parasect. I let it use Stun Spore first, and then Leech Life to damage the Kadabra badly and heal any damage done to my Parasect. Lastly, Gary sent out his Jolteon, against which I sent out my Dugtrio. Jolteon was faster and used Pin Missile against my Dugtrio. Fortunately, my Dugtrio survived, allowing it to use Dig. Even better, I got a critical hit!

After defeating Gary again, I was able to pick up a Lapras. I had to train it to catch up to my other Pokemon. Aside from training my Pokemon, I also plan to drive Team Rocket out of Silph Co., challenge the Cinnabar Gym, and obtain a Porygon. But for now, here are my current statistics:

Major team members:
    Pikachu
    Ivysaur
    Charmeleon
    Wartortle
    Butterfree
    Pidgeotto
    Fearow
    Gloom
    Dugtrio
    Meowth
    Mankey
    Doduo

Minor team members:
    Raticate
    Sandslash
    Nidorina
    Nidorino
    Clefairy
    Vulpix
    Jigglypuff
    Golbat
    Parasect
    Venonat
    Psyduck
    Growlithe
    Poliwhirl
    Kadabra
    Machamp
    Weepinbell
    Tentacool
    Graveler
    Golem
    Ponyta
    Slowpoke
    Magnemite
    Farfetch'd
    Seel
    Grimer
    Shellder
    Haunter
    Gengar
    Onix
    Hypno
    Krabby
    Voltorb
    Exeggcute
    Cubone
    Hitmonlee
    Hitmonchan
    Koffing
    Rhyhorn
    Chansey
    Tangela
    Kangaskhan
    Horsea
    Goldeen
    Starmie
    Mr. Mime
    Scyther
    Jynx
    Electabuzz
    Magmar
    Pinsir
    Tauros
    Gyarados
    Lapras
    Eevee
    Omanyte
    Snorlax
    Dragonair
    Mew

Out of commission:
    Machop
    Ditto

Current Special cap: 85

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    As I trained my Pokemon, my Gengar got its Special stat to 85. I used the Ditto glitch to get a Raichu. Also, my Meowth, Mankey, Doduo, Krabby, and Cubone evolved. Furthermore, my Gloom learnt Acid and my Nidorina learnt Tail Whip. I decided to evolve them, as well as my Nidorino.

As for my goals, I decided to prioritise driving Team Rocket out of Silph Co. I had to fight Jessie and James again. I used my Slowpoke against their Arbok and Weezing. Although their Arbok paralyzed my Slowpoke with Glare, my Slowpoke was strong enough to take it out. As for their Meowth, I sent out my Machamp against it.

As Jessie and James blasted off again, I had to deal with Giovanni again. This time, he had a Nidorino, a Nidoqueen, a Rhyhorn, and a Persian. I let my Mr. Mime deal with the Nidos, my Machamp with the Persian, and my Poliwhirl with the Rhyhorn.

With Giovanni defeated again, Team Rocket left Silph Co., allowing me to challenge the Saffron Gym. For the time being, I'm going to train my Pokemon. As for my current statistics:

Major team members:
    Pikachu
    Ivysaur
    Charmeleon
    Wartortle
    Butterfree
    Pidgeotto
    Fearow
    Vileplume
    Dugtrio
    Persian
    Primeape
    Dodrio

Minor team members:
    Raticate
    Raichu
    Sandslash
    Nidoqueen
    Nidoking
    Clefairy
    Vulpix
    Jigglypuff
    Golbat
    Parasect
    Venonat
    Psyduck
    Growlithe
    Poliwhirl
    Kadabra
    Machamp
    Weepinbell
    Tentacool
    Graveler
    Golem
    Ponyta
    Slowpoke
    Magnemite
    Farfetch'd
    Seel
    Grimer
    Shellder
    Haunter
    Gengar
    Onix
    Hypno
    Kingler
    Voltorb
    Exeggcute
    Marowak
    Hitmonlee
    Hitmonchan
    Koffing
    Rhyhorn
    Chansey
    Tangela
    Kangaskhan
    Horsea
    Goldeen
    Starmie
    Mr. Mime
    Scyther
    Jynx
    Electabuzz
    Magmar
    Pinsir
    Tauros
    Gyarados
    Lapras
    Eevee
    Omanyte
    Snorlax
    Dragonair
    Mew

Out of commission:
    Machop
    Ditto

Current Special cap: 90

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Lately, I've spent a lot of time training my Pokemon, and many of them have evolved. The lucky ones were Ivysaur, Charmeleon, Wartortle, Pidgeotto, Venonat, Psyduck, Tentacool, Magnemite, Seel, Voltorb, Koffing, Horsea, and Goldeen. I also evolved my Clefairy and Jigglypuff after they learned Metronome and Body Slam, respectively.

However, somewhere in my run, I kinda started regretting picking the Helix Fossil instead of the Dome Fossil. In the Saffron Gym, there was a trainer with a Haunter, and when I performed the Mew glitch on them, I encountered an Omanyte, which I already had. Also, some of my Pokemon got their Special stat over 90, including my Gengar, Magneton, Hypno, Tentacruel, and even Pikachu.

However, my Magneton did eventually get its Special stat to 103, allowing me to use the Ditto glitch to encounter a Flareon. Later on, my Pikachu got its Special stat to 102, allowing me to get a new Eevee. I evolved my new Eevee into a Jolteon, and the Eevee I already had into a Vaporeon.

As I trained my Eeveelutions to catch up with the rest of my Pokemon, my Flareon got its Special stat to 90! This allowed me to encounter a Kabuto at last.

After catching my Kabuto, I did even more training, and my Gengar got its Special stat to 108. With this, I could catch an Ekans. After even more training, not only did my Ekans evolve, but my Pikachu got its Special stat to 112, allowing me to encounter a Weedle. Now, I'm raising the Special cap to 149, which corresponds to Alakazam's index number.

With even more training, my Weedle evolved twice, then it learned Twineedle, then Pin Missile, and finally Agility. With my new Beedrill, I went on to challenge Sabrina. Sabrina started off with an Abra which only knew Flash. I let my Beedrill use Agility until its Speed was maxed out. Abra landed one Flash with success, but missed the other 2. As my Beedrill was at max Speed, I let it finish the Abra off with Twineedle. Then, Sabrina sent out a Kadabra, which also went down with Twineedle. Finally, Sabrina sent out her ace, an Alakazam. I decided to let my Beedrill use Pin Missile against it. It hit 4 times, precisely enough to take out the Alakazam.

After her defeat, Sabrina gave me the Marsh Badge (which should've been the Soul Badge), along with a TM containing Psywave. Now, I'm going back to training my Pokemon and prepare them for the Cinnabar Gym. But for now, my current statistics:

Major team members:
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Charizard
    Blastoise
    Butterfree
    Pidgeot
    Fearow
    Vileplume
    Dugtrio
    Persian
    Primeape
    Dodrio

Minor team members:
    Beedrill
    Raticate
    Arbok
    Raichu
    Sandslash
    Nidoqueen
    Nidoking
    Clefable
    Vulpix
    Wigglytuff
    Golbat
    Parasect
    Venomoth
    Golduck
    Growlithe
    Poliwhirl
    Kadabra
    Machamp
    Weepinbell
    Tentacruel
    Graveler
    Golem
    Ponyta
    Slowpoke
    Magneton
    Farfetch'd
    Dewgong
    Grimer
    Shellder
    Haunter
    Gengar
    Onix
    Hypno
    Kingler
    Electrode
    Exeggcute
    Marowak
    Hitmonlee
    Hitmonchan
    Weezing
    Rhyhorn
    Chansey
    Tangela
    Kangaskhan
    Seadra
    Seaking
    Starmie
    Mr. Mime
    Scyther
    Jynx
    Electabuzz
    Magmar
    Pinsir
    Tauros
    Gyarados
    Lapras
    Vaporeon
    Jolteon
    Flareon
    Omanyte
    Kabuto
    Snorlax
    Dragonair
    Mew

Out of commission:
    Machop
    Ditto

Current Special cap: 149

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    As I was preparing myself to face Blaine, I got more evolutions. I evolved my Vulpix after learning Fire Spin, Growlithe with Flamethrower, Poliwhirl with Amnesia, Weepinbell with Razor Leaf, Shellder with Ice Beam, and Exeggcute with Sleep Powder. Also, my Ponyta, Slowpoke, Grimer, Rhyhorn, Omanyte, and Kabuto evolved. But when my Exeggcute evolved, its Special stat reached 156, which means I can't use it to get an Alakazam. However, that was to be expected, given Exeggutor's high Special stat.

Aside from that, I also got enough coins for a Porygon! After buying one, I trained it to catch up with the rest of my Pokemon.

I also picked up an Old Amber from the Pewter Museum. At Cinnabar Island, it got revived into an Aerodactyl. I taught it Fly and trained it as well.

Regarding Blaine, I challenged him with my Blastoise, Golem, and Vaporeon. Blaine started off with a Ninetales. Because Ninetales has a high Special stat, I started off with my Golem. Blaine's Ninetales was faster than my Golem, but it used Tail Whip, so my Golem could take it out. Blaine sent out a Rapidash. I sent out my Blastoise against it. While the Rapidash was faster than my Blastoise, it wasn't strong enough to take it out. On the other hand, my Blastoise just had to use Surf twice. Finally, Blaine sent out an Arcanine. I let my Vaporeon deal with it. Although the Arcanine managed to burn my Vaporeon, it still fell to a few Surfs.

After his defeat, Blaine gave me the Volcano Badge, as well as a TM containing Fire Blast. Now, only the Viridian Gym remains. Back to training my Pokemon.

Before showing off my current statistics, I'm announcing that I've decided to promote Hitmonlee to major tram member, and demote Primeape to minor team member. Hitmonlee is stronger, and Hi Jump Kick is actually better in Gen 1, because if it misses in this gen, your Pokemon only takes 1 damage.

Major team members:
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Charizard
    Blastoise
    Butterfree
    Pidgeot
    Fearow
    Vileplume
    Dugtrio
    Persian
    Dodrio
    Hitmonlee
    Aerodactyl

Minor team members:
    Beedrill
    Raticate
    Arbok
    Raichu
    Sandslash
    Nidoqueen
    Nidoking
    Clefable
    Ninetales
    Wigglytuff
    Golbat
    Parasect
    Venomoth
    Golduck
    Primeape
    Arcanine
    Poliwrath
    Kadabra
    Machamp
    Victreebel
    Tentacruel
    Graveler
    Golem
    Rapidash
    Slowbro
    Magneton
    Farfetch'd
    Dewgong
    Muk
    Cloyster
    Haunter
    Gengar
    Onix
    Hypno
    Kingler
    Electrode
    Exeggutor*
    Marowak
    Hitmonchan
    Weezing
    Rhydon
    Chansey
    Tangela
    Kangaskhan
    Seadra
    Seaking
    Starmie
    Mr. Mime
    Scyther
    Jynx
    Electabuzz
    Magmar
    Pinsir
    Tauros
    Gyarados
    Lapras
    Vaporeon
    Jolteon
    Flareon
    Porygon
    Omastar
    Kabutops
    Snorlax
    Dragonair
    Mew

Out of commission:
    Machop
    Ditto

* - Special over 149

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Before challenging the Viridian Gym, I trained until my Dragonair evolved into Dragonite. As it evolved, its Special stat reached 155. Even worse, it couldn't learn Fly. Furthermore, Gen 1 has no real Dragon type attacks, just Dragon Rage. Therefore, no promotion for Dragonite.

Anyways, on to the Viridian Gym. The Gym Leader was none other than Giovanni. I brought Venusaur, Blastoise, Hitmonlee, and Gyarados along. Giovanni started off with a Dugtrio, and I started off with my Blastoise. Giovanni's Dugtrio tried to use Fissure, but it missed, so my Blastoise could take it out with Surf. Next up, Giovanni sent out his Persian, against which I used Hitmonlee. Hi Jump Kick did the trick. Against the Nidos, I used my Gyarados. Nidoqueen was easily taken care of with Surf, but Nidoking was faster and had Thunderbolt, which my Gyarados couldn't take. I tried to take the Nidoking on with my Blastoise. I expected the Nidoking to use Thunderbolt, but instead, Giovanni used a Guard Spec on his Nidoking. A mistake on his part. Lastly, Giovanni sent out a Rhydon. I let my Venusaur take it on. One Razor Leaf was enough.

Giovanni gave me the Earth Badge, and a TM containing Fissure. With all 8 Badges, I could challenge the Elite Four! But first, I had to fight Gary again. I brought my Fearow, Golem, Lapras, and Jolteon along with me for this fight.

Gary started off with his Sandslash, which my Lapras took down. My Fearow took out his Exeggcute with Drill Peck. My Golem knocked out his Ninetales and Jolteon. Against his Cloyster, I sent out my Pikachu to defeat it with Thunderbolt. As for his Kadabra, I let my Jolteon use Pin Missile against it.

With Gary defeated again, I had to go through the Victory Road. I brought my Graveler along for Strength. After getting through the Victory Road, I reached the Indigo Plateau.

I didn't challenge the Elite Four yet. First, I wanted to catch the legendary birds: Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres. I brought my Jynx with me, because it had Lovely Kiss to put them to sleep, and it could deal a lot of damage to them with Ice Punch. First, I searched for Moltres in the Victory Road. Then I headed to the Power Plant to catch Zapdos. And after that, I looked for Articuno at the Seafoam Islands.

Before challenging the Elite Four, I'm going to train my Pokemon to at least level 50. Hopefully, one of my Pokemon will get its Special stat to exactly 149, so that I can encounter an Alakazam.

For now, here are my statistics:

Major team members:
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Charizard
    Blastoise
    Butterfree
    Pidgeot
    Fearow
    Vileplume
    Dugtrio
    Persian
    Dodrio
    Hitmonlee
    Aerodactyl

Minor team members:
    Beedrill
    Raticate
    Arbok
    Raichu
    Sandslash
    Nidoqueen
    Nidoking
    Clefable
    Ninetales
    Wigglytuff
    Golbat
    Parasect
    Venomoth
    Golduck
    Primeape
    Arcanine
    Poliwrath
    Kadabra
    Machamp
    Victreebel
    Tentacruel
    Graveler
    Golem
    Rapidash
    Slowbro
    Magneton
    Farfetch'd
    Dewgong
    Muk
    Cloyster
    Haunter
    Gengar
    Onix
    Hypno
    Kingler
    Electrode
    Exeggutor*
    Marowak
    Hitmonchan
    Weezing
    Rhydon
    Chansey
    Tangela
    Kangaskhan
    Seadra
    Seaking
    Starmie
    Mr. Mime
    Scyther
    Jynx
    Electabuzz
    Magmar
    Pinsir
    Tauros
    Gyarados
    Lapras
    Vaporeon
    Jolteon
    Flareon
    Porygon
    Omastar
    Kabutops
    Snorlax
    Articuno
    Zapdos
    Moltres
    Dragonite*
    Mew

Out of commission:
    Machop
    Ditto

* - Special over 149

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    While I was training my Pokemon, my Pikachu got its Special stat to 149! With this, I could finally encounter an Alakazam! Now I'm just missing Lickitung and Mewtwo, but I'm not going to use any glitches for them.

Either way, I trained my Alakazam until it caught up with the rest of my Pokemon. Then, I trained the rest of my Pokemon to at least level 44.

Now, I can either train my Pokemon some more, or challenge the Elite Four straight away. But first, I'm splitting my minor team member section, and adding a new rank for Pokemon that I don't consider major team members, but did serve me well during my playthrough. This will be my new minor team member section. My old minor team section has a new name now.

Regarding Kadabra, Graveler, and Haunter, I'm putting them out of commission. Graveler and Kadabra can be called upon if I need Strength or Flash. Haunter, on the other hand, is out of commission for good.

So here are my current statistics:

Major team members:
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Charizard
    Blastoise
    Fearow
    Vileplume
    Dugtrio
    Persian
    Dodrio
    Hitmonlee