• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fillers, eh?

Do you enjoy fillers?

• Yeah

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Hell no!

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Sometimes...

Votes: 18 62.1%

• Total voters

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Do you enjoy fillers?

Yes, this is a serious question. I know a lot of people who enjoy them. What about you guys? I've got to say, sometimes they can be a hell of a lot annoying but sometimes they can be funny and a great way to fill time :)

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Meh, there are good fillers and bad fillers. Most of the fillers I really enjoy, but I'll admit there have been a select few fillers I could swear made me want to throw my couch at the TV

Years
    Filler or no filler, it is still a Pokemon episode. So yes I do like fillers just as much as non-fillers. I hope this thread doesn't turn into a filler bashing thread because of I'm sick of filler bashing.

Dooonerz

@JackDonnellyy
    Years
    I have loved some of the fillers (Gotta Catch A Gible <3
    I have loathed some episodes, but then again the primary target audience for Pokemon is children in my opinion, and the children wouldn't know this.

Last edited:

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Sometimes.... they can be really interesting. Or really annoying as I want to get to the next Gym Battle already!! >!<

And don't get me on Ash having to rematch Gym Leaders/them not being there >>!!<<

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Gotta Catch A Gible
    I wouldn't really call that a filler at all, it actually did have something to do with the stoyline including Ash catching his 7th(?) sinnoh pokemon.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Why do people seem to dismiss episodes where a pokemon is caught or character development episodes as filler?
    Well in this case I think that was just a mistake or something. But I guess some people just think episodes like Gym battles and contests are just main episodes, but honestly how are they going to compete without any pokémon? xD

Dooonerz

@JackDonnellyy
    Years
    Why do people seem to dismiss episodes where a pokemon is caught or character development episodes as filler?

Well some people define 'Fillers' as different things, for example I think that encounters with a Pokemon and making an entire episode about it, is a filler.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I think Johto's consistent "We're going to randomly encounter someone and help this character of the day and do nothing else" fillers were excruciating. Hardly any character development. Little catching of Pokemon. Not getting closer to the next town. Hardly mentioning the next town. The only battles were with Team Rocket, and you can't even count them.
    Gah I hated Johto fillers.

But! I still enjoy fillers sometimes, when they are interesting and not too frequent.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Well some people define 'Fillers' as different things, for example I think that encounters with a Pokemon and making an entire episode about it, is a filler.
    My understanding was if a episode lacks the following then it is a filler. Which can be subjective at times.

- Gym, Rival, or League Battle and or Contests.
    - A Pokemon Capture
    - A New Move Learned
    - A advancement in the plot

Where this comes into conflicts is episodes like Darumakka and Hihidaruma! The Secret Clock Tower!! The Team Rocket trio met up with a member of TR and was given the location of a future TR meeting. So does not not advance the plot? Even though all the TR scenes lasted at least a total of 2 minutes.

Even if an episode is considered a filler to me I still find it enjoyable as any other episode.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    My understanding was if a episode lacks the following then it is a filler. Which can be subjective at times.

- Gym, Rival, or League Battle and or Contests.
    - A Pokemon Capture
    - A New Move Learned
    - A advancement in the plot

Where this comes into conflicts is episodes like Darumakka and Hihidaruma! The Secret Clock Tower!! The Team Rocket trio met up with a member of TR and was given the location of a future TR meeting. So does not not advance the plot? Even though all the TR scenes lasted at least a total of 2 minutes.

Even if an episode is considered a filler to me I still find it enjoyable as any other episode.

Actually, you can sum a filler up into just this: >__>

If the episode never existed and nobody would notice, it's a filler. Counterexample: Ash catching his Tauros back in Kanto ^__^ Example: Bucking the Treasure Trend

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    Counterexample: Ash catching his Tauros back in Kanto
    That episode wasn't even aired in English. Many wouldn't even know that it existed anyway. ._.

I don't really mind fillers, except if they are horrible. But it does get annoying when you wait a whole week just to find another horrible filler episode.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years

That episode wasn't even aired in English. Many wouldn't even know that it existed anyway. ._.

He said "Counterexample", as in "not a filler". Because with that taken out, everyone watching the English episodes later are going "Huh? Did I miss an episode? When did Ash catch a Tauros?" Not to mention no-one understands why a herd of them are at Oak's place.

Years
    Actually, you can sum a filler up into just this: >__>

If the episode never existed and nobody would notice, it's a filler. Counterexample: Ash catching his Tauros back in Kanto ^__^ Example: Bucking the Treasure Trend

The Team Rocket trio met up with a member of TR and was given the location of a future TR meeting. So does not not advance the plot? Even though all the TR scenes lasted at least a total of 2 minutes.

That's true. Even just the slightest bit of character development makes it not filler such as James losing Victeebel in the Elekid episode, Cyndaquil learning to control the flame on its back in Hot Matches, etc. A lot of "un-noticible" episodes count as non-filler too like all the James character development episodes IMO count too (Holy Matrimony and The Treasure is Mine) simply because it is character development. Others as well, which I won't get into as it will take forever.

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
    i like fillers good little side stories but when the basically repeat the same story but with different pokemon it starts to annoy me

Back