• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Final Fantasy VII remake??

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I was writing a long post about this earlier. Unfortunately I never finished, I have it saved as a txt on my hardrive though. Maybe I'll revisit it. I do think that is very possible however

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I hope they remake it, especially for a portable device. It was a great game and I'd love to be able to take it anywhere. It would be enough of a reason for me to buy a PSP, too. XD

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    That tech demo almost made me want to get a PS3, but that damn 600$ price tag and the fact there was'nt going to be a remake blew that down-_-; I think they should make a possible remake for the DS, If FFIII works out, that would make it more possible, besides the PSP is'nt selling that well, so it might be best to remake it on DS (No offense to PSP fans)

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    That tech demo almost made me want to get a PS3, but that damn 600$ price tag and the fact there was'nt going to be a remake blew that down-_-; I think they should make a possible remake for the DS, If FFIII works out, that would make it more possible, besides the PSP is'nt selling that well, so it might be best to remake it on DS (No offense to PSP fans)
    The PSP isn't selling well because it doesn't have any good games (I don't care what any of you PSP fanboys says, I own 1 game for my PSP, and I want only 1 more. That isn't worth a $250 price tag). But if FFVII goes to the PSP then it'll likely go up on sells.

Venks

Water Pokémon Master
    Years
    I can't remember the name of the game magazine I'll find out tommorow, but I had read that FFVII was being remade for the PS3.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I remember there was one gaming magazine that, at some time last year (or early this year?) announced that there was a remake for PS3 on the way. But Square-Enix revoked that and said it wasn't true. o.o

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    The PSP isn't selling well because it doesn't have any good games (I don't care what any of you PSP fanboys says, I own 1 game for my PSP, and I want only 1 more. That isn't worth a $250 price tag). But if FFVII goes to the PSP then it'll likely go up on sells.

PSP sucks. I said all along that it was going to be a disaster. All of that graphical power HAD to be in the machine. So what did they sacrifice for the "amazing" graphical capabilities? Making the damn thing anywhere near playable. >.>

The whole idea of portable consoles is supposed to be that you could just turn it on, play for 5-10 minutes, then turn it off. It is impossible to do that with the PSP because it takes 5-10 frikkin' minutes to load up a damn game! >.> That's not the only problem but I'll stop going off topic.

An FFVII port for DS would be absolutely perfect, if possible. I know FFIII has graphics similar to VII, but VII is a much bigger game. But, hey, if anything is possible with Square Enix.

FFVII for PSP would be an absolute no-no for me and, probably, Square Enix too. You know what the Sony fanboys are like, they wouldn't expect a straight port of a classic game that they can play where ever they want. They'd demand a complete graphical rehaul, a la the PS3 tech demo, which would mean Square Enix using a load of resources for a game that could quite easily port to the DS without any graphical enhancements.

And remember, Square Enix is loving Nintendo and the DS at the moment.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    My math probably isn't correct. But... I think a straight unchanged FFVII port would take about 15 DS cartridges.

Maybe use in-game graphics, rather than storytelling. Or compress it. I'm sure they could do more in less space with newer technology. It might fit on 3-5 DS cartridges.

For that to work however, Nintendo would have to release some kind of DS memory card that would go into the GBA slot.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    Actually, I was reading a post on the GFAQs boards, and someone posted how it could actually be possible to port FF7 to the DS. The game is on 4 CDs, which is like 20 DS carts or something like that, but most of it is FMVs. If they cut or compressed the FMVs, and compressed the whole game, with the technology today, they could fit it on a DS cart, and the gameplay portion would probably look better than the Playstation.

Doubt it'd happen though, although Square seems to be really getting along well with Nintendo lately. o_o;
    *is still hoping for KH to move to Wii* XD

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    Actually, I was reading a post on the GFAQs boards, and someone posted how it could actually be possible to port FF7 to the DS. The game is on 4 CDs, which is like 20 DS carts or something like that, but most of it is FMVs. If they cut or compressed the FMVs, and compressed the whole game, with the technology today, they could fit it on a DS cart, and the gameplay portion would probably look better than the Playstation.

Doubt it'd happen though, although Square seems to be really getting along well with Nintendo lately. o_o;
    *is still hoping for KH to move to Wii* XD

Wow, I really like the way you think! But hey, after what I've analyzed about Square scince my last post is I think we should probably cut them some slack.
    They don't really have time right now to make an FFVII remake. They still have to put the finishing touches on FFXII, then they have FFXIII, FFCC Crystal Bearers and of course Kingdom Hearts III to worry about. And thats not including the GBA remakes. But yeah I would really like a Kingdom Hearts III for the Wii like you said ^^

Back