• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Finders Keepers?

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
    Years
    I wouldn't open a wallet if I found one, to prevent me from getting tempted by the sum. (: But if it HAD to be that I saw the $100, it'd probably make me want to return the wallet even more. Its such a big sum of money, my conscious would kill me if I didn't!

But I'd be too lazy to journey to the station and go hand it up, I'd probably find someone to return the wallet for me. XD

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I can honestly say I'd turn the money in, or if I knew who it belonged to I'd give it directly to them. I've been in the same predicament a few years back when I found some a Pokemon Silver at a day care center. It belonged to one of my friends, who attended it at the time, and I took it. Let's just say, lesson learned on that. But, it was hard for me not to. I was young and naive. But, then again, it did have a lot of hacks in it and I was willing to do anything to get a Celebi, which was a member of my old friend's team.

I never returned it. In fact, I still have it. I still feel extremely guilty for doing such a thing, and never felt that I deserved anything related to that ever from a friend, due to what I did to him. I have a very strong continence, which may be why I have a problem with my feelings of guilt, and other related feelings.

Like I said, I learned my lesson. Though I may not know that person, I would turn it into people who I could trust to give it back. I've made my mistake when it came to that, and I wouldn't really want something I bought or earned taken from me all because the person "found" it. That's just not right, especially at the age I am now.

Minato

--+
    Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2010
    Depends. If there was an ID or some way to reach the person, I'd give it back. But if it just had cash, the painful truth of the matter is that I'd keep it xD

Years
    Depends on whether there was any way to trace it back to the rightful owner.

If there was no ID, no name or adress, I'd keep it. But if there was some kind of documents such as ID or drivers license or something displaying the owner's name I'd hand it in to the police, or if there was an adress I'd try to hand it in to the owner themself (then again, risky, they might be hostile).

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I have a very self conscious mind. If I found $100, I'd just leave it be. It's what anyone should do, actually. It's not yours, so mind your own business, correct?

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    Just $100? If that's the case, since I now have a job which gives me more than that, I'd just leave it there for someone lucky. If it were more, I'd most likely keep the money, I wont lie.

Although if you ask me, it'd be very rare that I'd found something like that to begin with, and then, to check it out would be just too much trouble. I'd probably keep walking and not notice the money... :\

Dark Banette

♫♫♫♪♪
    Years
    With my luck, even if I kept the wallet, I would most likely get caught. But like most people, my conscience would kick in and I would turn the money in.

Years
    I would turn the wallet in or something, not spend or keep the money. =\

Even if I didn't know the person, I would feel bad for taking someone else's money. I would hate myself. You know, ... I might not even touch the wallet. Not mine, then I really won't care. And I don't want my friends asking for some money from me if I kept that 100$. ^-^;;

~A.R

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    if i find it, ish mine! ISH MINE! MINEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
    >:O

i`d just keep it, whoever lost it can win $100 backk. lmfao. but if he/she goes asking for it, i`ll just give it back to them. but if not... ISH MINEEEEEEEEEEEE!

.Bastion

O a t h k e e p e r
    Years
    I'd attempt to find the owner. The problem is though, is if you don't see who drops it, you can't exactly go around asking people if they dropped a $100 bill. Not everyone is honest.

I'd turn it in to the police, they have the illegal tracking systems to find the owner of the wallet 8D

If that's true though, then I'd turn it in indefinitely. XD

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    If I knew who it belongs to, I would turn it in, but if I don't, I might keep it.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    Depends sweetie, do I know who it belongs too? If I do, I'm 100% sure I will return it to them.

If not, well sweeties, I just scored $100! XD

usami

biohazard
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Iowa
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    I honestly don't know. If it was a small amount of money (five, ten dollars), uh, I'd probably keep it. I'd be a bit iffy about a $100, though. I know I'd be distressed if I lost that kind of money, so.

However, if it was in a wallet or something.. I definitely wouldn't keep it regardless.

Years
    If it belonged to someone I didn't like, then of course I would keep it. Also, if I needed the money really bad...

Well, actually, it's hard to say what I'd do. It'd kinda have to happen in order for me to know. =/

Years
    If it was just the money I would keep it. Even though a hundred wouldn't buy me much. A wallet I would turn in because I wouldn't want anyone keeping my wallet if they found it.

Back