• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Event: [Finished] SURVIVOR PC - LEGENDCHU PRODUCTION'S MAIDEN VENTURE

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
Years
  • Your Everyday Ghost said:
    Type - Poison
    Forever said:
    Type - Steel
    Okay guys, I can stay on for about half an hour more, then I'll have to log out & can only come back an hour or two later. So give me an okay asap, so we can get it over with, puhleeeez.

WARNING: PC is acting a bit funny at my end, so there's high chance of me getting locked out, better make it quick.

Pika Pika :chu:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    worst case scenario i would like to claim an activity win. i've been available for the five hours, but i'm not gonna be available until that time tomorrow too :c (i'll be sleeping for next 9, then working for 7 hours then home).

(activity win is a term in competitive battling fyi)

Last edited:

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • Caite-chan said:
    Type - Electric
    Your Everyday Ghost said:
    Type - Poison
    Forever said:
    Type - Steel
    Dedenne1 said:
    Type - Fairy
    Cakesu said:
    Type - Water

Okay guys, I have to log out now.

Also, this Challenge is taking too long, I just can't seem to get two people (who are ready) online at the same time, so if I can't get this done today, I only have one choice left. I'll put up Five questions at different intervals (say a gap of an hour, two hours, three hours etc). Whichever of the five of u gets an answer first, gets a point. First to three is safe, all the rest in the Danger Zone.

Sorry, but no other option, we really need to move on.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    But that means I lose by default because I literally can't get online in the next 9 hours and will barely be on at work :/

11 hours is the earliest I can come on (on my phone at work). I wake in ~9 and get ready for work and leave to drive for half an hour. Then I need to set up work etc, so pretty much 11 hours from now. Is there any other non time based way we can do this? :/

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I kinda think this wasn't such a good challenge this time around just because of the fact that everyone is in different times zones. For example if it were Forever and I facing off it would be almost impossible to do. It's day time here in the States while night time in Austraila and vice versa. That and people have things to do and can't babysit PC waiting for a challenge. Not to mention it's not fair to everyone.

Not only that the challenge was supposed to be a triple threat and then it somehow turned into a one on one and even then we still have an odd number of people. And then get tagged to compete when technically I never had a partner/trio in the first place. It's just a bit messed up is all.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • I kinda agree with Caite here. Time zones make this entire thing frustrating. Plus there's always other factors into everyones days so that why I like the non partnership challenges. Not that I don't enjoy working with all of you but just cause it can be so hard to get anyone to be on when Im available. Firesnow was really the only one close to my timezone and even then we found it hard to find a time to work.

The type of things are kinda hard tho in the sense that it can be hard for them to stay fair to everyone and ik everyones trying their best but idk I just found this challenge to be the most difficult andthats probably cause I was one or those that didn't get a pair nor did I even know what was going on at the beginning :3

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • I kinda think this wasn't such a good challenge this time around just because of the fact that everyone is in different times zones. For example if it were Forever and I facing off it would be almost impossible to do. It's day time here in the States while night time in Austraila and vice versa. That and people have things to do and can't babysit PC waiting for a challenge. Not to mention it's not fair to everyone.

Not only that the challenge was supposed to be a triple threat and then it somehow turned into a one on one and even then we still have an odd number of people. And then get tagged to compete when technically I never had a partner/trio in the first place. It's just a bit messed up is all.

As much as I agree I cant not see James in your sig saying all this like hes critiquing a bit too serius for a forum game

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • But that means I lose by default because I literally can't get online in the next 9 hours and will barely be on at work :/

11 hours is the earliest I can come on (on my phone at work). I wake in ~9 and get ready for work and leave to drive for half an hour. Then I need to set up work etc, so pretty much 11 hours from now. Is there any other non time based way we can do this? :/
    I kinda think this wasn't such a good challenge this time around just because of the fact that everyone is in different times zones. For example if it were Forever and I facing off it would be almost impossible to do. It's day time here in the States while night time in Austraila and vice versa. That and people have things to do and can't babysit PC waiting for a challenge. Not to mention it's not fair to everyone.

I kinda agree with Caite here. Time zones make this entire thing frustrating. Plus there's always other factors into everyones days so that why I like the non partnership challenges. Not that I don't enjoy working with all of you but just cause it can be so hard to get anyone to be on when Im available. Firesnow was really the only one close to my timezone and even then we found it hard to find a time to work.

The type of things are kinda hard tho in the sense that it can be hard for them to stay fair to everyone and ik everyones trying their best but idk I just found this challenge to be the most difficult andthats probably cause I was one or those that didn't get a pair nor did I even know what was going on at the beginning :3
    I'm going to disagree a bit with everyone here.

First of all, this is Pokemon Trivia, u guys are taking this way too seriously, for a fun game. Secondly, there is eventually going to be only ONE Winner, so someone has to be Eliminated every Round & it will happen till only one of u is left standing. Also, if u don't complete a challenge, u'll only be in danger of Elimination, not directly Eliminated.

The Pairings that were made (including the trio without Partners), were keeping in mind if u guys could come online at the same time or not & I have seen u guys online at the same time.

Also this challenge would have taken only about 10-15 minutes to complete, so again, no it wasn't a bad challenge.

See I'm not being harsh, nor am I questioning anyone's dedication here, but as u guys urself said, we're all on different Time Zones, so its not possible for me to be fair to everyone, but I still try.

Of course, as I've always said, everyone has a real life, but I'm included in that "everyone" as well. I sometimes stay up as late as 2 a.m., even though I have to get up early next day & go to work, just for u guys to compete & complete challenges, I wait for hours & hours at a stretch for u guys, but sometimes no one shows up, but I haven't complained about that, have I?

If I see the Event being stalled, due to some reason, avoidable or unavoidable, I have a take a call to get the Game going, which I did. And I only said "if we can't complete the Challenge today", which means I was going to give u guys more time.

So if all is settled & this doesn't turn into another all out argument, can we move on plz?

Dedenne1

Years
  • I'm sorry if my post was too serious for the overall event and ik it's a game that's why I'm trying to have fun. But I still have to disagree that this certain challenge was supposed to be fast or work conveniently because as you can see it obv hasn't. Timezones make it pretty hard to get on when someone else is and in top if that it has to correlate with yours. That's 3 people who have to be on at the same time. And timezones are just a small issue. Most people have events that impede them irl like jobs and unexpected surprises. Tbh tho idrc if the challenge is perfect and I could care less about debating anyone here. Buuuut as much as I'd love to continue no one is currently on and nor is Legendchu so I'm guessing we will be doing the second option.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • I'm sorry if my post was too serious for the overall event and ik it's a game that's why I'm trying to have fun. But I still have to disagree that this certain challenge was supposed to be fast or work conveniently because as you can see it obv hasn't. Timezones make it pretty hard to get on when someone else is and in top if that it has to correlate with yours. That's 3 people who have to be on at the same time. And timezones are just a small issue. Most people have events that impede them irl like jobs and unexpected surprises. Tbh tho idrc if the challenge is perfect and I could care less about debating anyone here. Buuuut as much as I'd love to continue no one is currently on and nor is Legendchu so I'm guessing we will be doing the second option.
    LegendChu is on!

I agree that nothing in life's perfect, except LegendChu ;).

See, I can only try & yes I know TZs are an issue, they'll always be, but again, its only a game.

Btw, Dedenne, Cakesu seems to be online, u two can compete right now.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Just because I point something out I'm being serious or trying to start an argument. I'm doing just that...pointing something out. And yes this is supposed to be fun but all games have some level of competition in them.

But I'm saying it's not fair that pairs have finished and now we'd have to do an all out between 5 people. That's not really fair to the 5 people when others only had to face off against each other. And it wouldn't be fair to the pair's to have to redo it when they've already completed it.

I mean why should I have to go up against 4 other people when some only had to face one other person. It's not our fault we're in different time zones.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2020
    I'm kind of unhappy/ jealous I didn't get to be a part of the all-people-face-off

Because doing the pair thing was super unfair to me, my wifi wasn't working on that day.

But, it is working now.

I still tried and Espeonica won, I'm not complaining because in the end, our wifi ended up being of the same speed.

But, if it was an all-face-off, I would win easily, as I'm online here 24x7 like a hawk

Lol Xp

So, yeah, it is kind of unfair that you guys get to do it differently than I did.

But, I'm not complaining. So, it's fine. :)

Let's just get this challenge done with am I right?

(Next time we shouldn't have time-based challenges, if that's ok with Chu and that's all I can say for now.

It's best to see less complaints beaming and more solutions, am I right Chu?)

Edit:

AN IDEA:

How about I compete with everyone? :)

Since I'm online all the time.

It'll pretty much help everyone.

And I never go easy! ;P

(i.e., this will still remain a pair challenge. But the difference is that everyone will be paired to me)

It'll be like trying to defeat a pokemon gym leader/ trainer/ assistant or something

If you guys like, that is.

Last edited:

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • Just because I point something out I'm being serious or trying to start an argument. I'm doing just that...pointing something out. And yes this is supposed to be fun but all games have some level of competition in them.

But I'm saying it's not fair that pairs have finished and now we'd have to do an all out between 5 people. That's not really fair to the 5 people when others only had to face off against each other. And it wouldn't be fair to the pair's to have to redo it when they've already completed it.

I mean why should I have to go up against 4 other people when some only had to face one other person. It's not our fault we're in different time zones.
    Okay if this is how it goes, then be it.

The two pairs who have finished, were pairs chosen by me, they did not choose it on their own.

The three of who didn't have pairs, is coz ur partners are either safe/eliminated, again not my mistake. Also u still have the freedom to choose ur Partners, while the Pairs who have finished did not.

I wanted a creative challenge, where Time Zones wouldn't have been advantage, but half of u didn't want it. Some people like Time Challenges, some don't, some like this, some like that, everyone wants me to listen to them, but no one wants to listen to me. I also a human, I can't be fair to each & everyone.

We could actually have got done with this challenge, if not for the arguments, coz two of u are online right now.

This is again going into territory which I don't want it to go, so guys u decide what u want to do & tell me. I don't want to argue any more.

Last edited:

Cakesu

Hyrule's Saviour
    Years
  • I can compete with whoever wants to right now :p

LegendChu is on!

I agree that nothing in life's perfect, except LegendChu
    [Finished] SURVIVOR PC - LEGENDCHU PRODUCTION'S MAIDEN VENTURE

See, I can only try & yes I know TZs are an issue, they'll always be, but again, its only a game.

Btw, Dedenne, Cakesu seems to be online, u two can compete right now.

Yep, I am online, or trying to be.

Dedenne1

Years
  • Sorry with replying so late! Im home now if its still possible to compete :3
    I swear we need a discord group for notifications or something.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • Caite-chan said:
    Type - Electric
    DyingWillFlareon said:
    Type - Fire
    GreenLegend56 said:
    Type - Flying
    NeonJelly13 said:
    Type - Ghost
    Your Everyday Ghost said:
    Type - Poison
    Forever said:
    Type - Steel
    AlolaMaster said:
    Type - Water
    Master Snowy said:
    Type - Electric
    Dedenne1 said:
    Type - Fairy
    Espeonica said:
    Type - Dragon
    Cakesu said:
    Type - Water

Okay I think whatever I decide now, u guys are gonna whine & complain anyways. But I want to protect my Event & can't let it go out of hand again, so I'm cancelling the Challenge right now.

So u want a Challenge that's based on skill right, something where Time Zones aren't an advantage huh, okay.

NeonJelly13, DyingWillFlareon, as well as Espeonica & AlolaMaster (coz they both earned it), are Safe from Elimination, so they don't have to do this Challenge.

Everyone else (INCLUDING Master Snowy & GreenLegend56), will be competing in this Challenge.

U gotta play this game Play this Game (may require Flash Player):-

https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-online-games/delphoxs-fiery-escape/

Get a score, take a screenshot (only requires a simple right click & "save image as") & Post it here.

ONLY ONE more Member will be Safe from Elimination, the person who has the Highest Score at the end of the allotted time, all the rest of u will be in the Danger Zone.

This time, there is a time limit of 24 Hours (& I have 24 hours of peace, unless someone decides to complain again), which I may extend by about 6-12 Hours, nothing more.

U can Edit ur score as many times as u want, but only the score at the end of the Challenge will count.

Let's see how good u are now, with a "Skill" Challenge.

If u cannot even do this, not my problem, this is the best option.

And the next Challenge is going to based on the Feedback Question I asked, where again Time Zones won't be an advantage & u don't have to depend on anyone else either. Anyone who's not interested in that (all those who said no), may skip the Challenge & be directly up for Elimination.

Also note, if everyone uses up their Hidden Immunity Idols, I'm not gonna put up any more Challenges for that! No more freebies from now on!

And no Pika Pika either.

Back