• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Firered Hack: Pokémon Lumaria

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
Years
  • I've been questioning all day whether or not to post this, since the last thread I made for this hack seemed to have died after a week [Then again, I wasn't making much progress, Simply because I've been studying for my exams, which, are soon over.]

Language:
    English (GB)
    Rom Base: Pokémon Firered

Storyline:
    In the region of Lumaria, there has been a sudden outburst of Pokémon who are different from other Pokémon - These Pokémon have different colouration than ordinary Pokémon, and have been dubbed by many top Pokémon Professors as "Shiny Pokémon". Nobody knows the reason for this sudden outburst of Shiny Pokémon.

You are a Young, Fifteen year old student belonging to the Pokémon Academy of Science. You have been sent to the Region of Lumaria in order to investigate the outburst of Shiny Pokémon. Upon arrival, you find that a group of strange people, who call themselves Team Ultaria have set up base. No-one knows the intentions of this strange group, And as wether or not they are related to the phenomena happening in Lumaria.

It is your Job to find out the reasons for the Strange phenomena occuring in Lumaria. During your investigation, you will climb many arduous mountains, Trawl through lush forests, Swim through crystalline rivers and roam vast expanses as you travel through Lumaria.

Features I Hope to Include:

- New Scripts
    - New Maps
    - New Storyline
    - New Overworld Sprites
    - New Rivals
    - New Starter
    - New Ingame Events
    - Increased Shiny Encounter Rate (Hopefully - I do have alternatives if I'm unable to do this)
    - Edited Badge System
    (Instead of badges, You'll recieve Awards from the Academy, after each significant plot progression)
    - Bigger challenge for players

I'm fairly new to the Hacking Scenario, and know very little of what I'm doing - However I'm willing to learn, and would be greatful for any help offered. Please leave your opinions on the storyline and such. All feedback & CC is welcome.

Maps:
    Spoiler:

Screenshots
    :
    None yet

Videos:
    None Yet

Hack Team:
    Basically Everything (For the moment..): - Akera..

Credits:
    - Kyledove (OW's, tiles (wooden houses))
    - Pey (Tree tile, sign)
    - Alistair (Tiles and pallette)
    - Mitchel1 (rombase)

Userbars:
    Thanks to Gir? -

Code:
    Note - Remove Asterisks from code before use
    [Url*="https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=4730501"][IMG*]https://i441.photobucket.com/albums/qq131/Jackorzkfnx/Pokemon%20Lumaria/PokeymanLumariaUserbarz.gif[/IMG][/Url]

Last edited:

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
  • I think I've seen this story before, have you tried this before? It looks nice and I could make you a userbar but it wouldn't have that generic font everyone uses.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • I think I've seen this story before, have you tried this before? It looks nice and I could make you a userbar but it wouldn't have that generic font everyone uses.

I did make a topic for the hack around three months back [Which died rather quickly due to lack of updates].
    I had to give up for a while due to schoolwork..
    But now I'm ready to give it another go.

Oh, and I'm not keen on the "generic font that everyone uses" anyway, Lol.

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
  • Ok I can make you a userbar but I need specifications like the background, sprite or not etc. I could find a picture to use as the background too but I would need a topic to find it like tropical or whatever.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • Ok I can make you a userbar but I need specifications like the background, sprite or not etc. I could find a picture to use as the background too but I would need a topic to find it like tropical or whatever.

If you're going to use a sprite, use the Shiny Dragonair sprite.
    And as for themes, Nature seems like a pretty good one, Like trees, leaves, and stuff.

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
    Years
  • I'd be willing to script for you, but only as time permits. I'm currently working on my hack (see sig).
    Althgouh it's only being released publicly, i have alot of other hacks(not realesed) that i practiced on and I'm a pretty confident scripter

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • I'd be willing to script for you, but only as time permits. I'm currently working on my hack (see sig).
    Althgouh it's only being released publicly, i have alot of other hacks(not realesed) that i practiced on and I'm a pretty confident scripter

Sorry for my irresponsiveness.. It's just that Sundays are family days, and I don't have much access to a computer.

And as for doing some scripting, sure.
    I'd like to take a go at it myself, but obviously you have more experience than me.
    I'll be sure to ask your help if there's something I don't understand, or if a script is too difficult for me :).

MunchingOrange

The Orange Empire Strikes Back
    Years
  • As I said on the SOS Brigade Akera, this hack looks like it has the potential to go far,
    And I noticed you took my suggestion and made the doors brown :)

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • As I said on the SOS Brigade Akera, this hack looks like it has the potential to go far,
    And I noticed you took my suggestion and made the doors brown :)

Yeah.. I've still to update the map on this thread, though..
    So I might aswell do it now..

Spoiler:

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
    Years

Ok,just VM or PM me when you need any help:pirate:

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • Alright, so I finished up the map..
    I fixed a few tile errors, and made some adjustments

Spoiler:

I'll probably start work on some of the buildings tommorow, with warp scripts, and ect..
    And who knows.. maybe I'll get around to scripting the beginning of the hack :D.

Back