• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] Firered Reusable TMs

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Is there a simple way to achieve this other than making them all purchasable?

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2015
    I have a tool that can do this easily. PM me for it. But, I take no credit! I forget where I downloaded it, but I sure didn't make it!

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    "You can make TMs reusable by changing the bytes at 0x124EA0 and 0x124F6C to 90."

I downloaded a hex editor and found the byte, could you possibly explain how to change it to 90?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    "You can make TMs reusable by changing the bytes at 0x124EA0 and 0x124F6C to 90."

I downloaded a hex editor and found the byte, could you possibly explain how to change it to 90?

You just have to type "90".

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    You can make TMs reusable by changing the bytes at 0x124EA0 and 0x124F6C to 90. :)

Changed it then the TM vanished... I did the correct steps but it doesn't seem to be working for me... is there anything I should change afterwards? Or, IMPORTANTLY, you're using the non-US version of FireRed (I'm basing FR US). Please help. :)

And I also need help for expanding/adding TMs from 50-95 (max no. in Gen V). I'm having a hard time looking for a healthy tutorial for it. :)

Just in case the TM reusage works... once you bought TMs, it shouldn't be bought again from the mart because it is finally infinite use like in Gen V games. How should we do it anyway (if you know it)? :)

CaveNinja

ROM hacking duo
    Years
  • I found and fixed a small bug with the solution posted by GoGoJJTech. Currently, if you push B to skip the animation of your Pokémon learning the move, the TM gets used up (this may be what Koutetsujou experienced). To fix that, change the byte at 0x125C74 to 90 as well.

That is, to make TMs reusable, change the bytes at 0x124EA0, 0x124F6C and 0x125C74 from A9 to 90.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2017
    How does the Emerald change work? I presume it would be different bytes, or is it a different solution entirely?

CaveNinja

ROM hacking duo
    Years
  • How does the Emerald change work? I presume it would be different bytes, or is it a different solution entirely?

The offsets are different because it's a different game but the solution should be the same, as you suspected. Please reference the thread posted above by Spherical Ice for more info. The 5th post in that thread answers your question about Emerald. Cheers mate, and happy hacking.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2020
    Hi,

I am completely new to hex editing and all this fancy stuff. I have downloaded a hex editor and gone to the Goto part, and pasted in one of the keys you've mentioned above - 124ae0.

However, I see no A9 at that particular point to change to 90. Any/all help is much appreciated. Thanks

Years
  • Hi,

I am completely new to hex editing and all this fancy stuff. I have downloaded a hex editor and gone to the Goto part, and pasted in one of the keys you've mentioned above - 124ae0.

However, I see no A9 at that particular point to change to 90. Any/all help is much appreciated. Thanks

are you using Fire Red or Emerald? This is for Fire Red only.

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    Hi,

Looks like you got the offset wrong - it's 124EA0, not 124AE0 - you swapped the A and the E. Try going there.

Back