• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Anime

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
    Mine was Digimon.. followed very closely by Sailormoon and Pokemon..
    The first anime I watched should be Digimon because I remember buying those Digivices and battling them before I started playing Pokemon cards~

Years
    Gatchaman. <3 Maybe not the first anime series I watched, but definitely the first one I got hooked on...well...the G-force dub version, anyways. Close enough.

First anime that I ever saw in any way, though? Voltron. Started watching it (or tried watching it, I should say, since I kept missing it) back around '91 or '92, before I'd even ever heard the word "anime".

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    I remember Voltron! I used to watch it aswell, but it was in Filipino dub... I used to love giant robots at the time O_o

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Considering that's like 99% of what was dubbed in the late 80's and most of the 90's, I'm sure most people did to. I can't even remember how many old super robo shows I've seen.

Years
    Gatchaman. <3 Maybe not the first anime series I watched, but definitely the first one I got hooked on...well...the G-force dub version, anyways. Close enough.

Nuff said. And just awesome beyond awesome (according to me, anyway).

Chronologically, I'd say Sailor Moon as that was 95, but the G-Force dub was the one that made the first impression on me. Either way, it's a tie, really.

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2006
    My first anime, even though I didn't relize it at the time, is in the following order:
    Cardcaptors(american dub)
    Sailor Moon
    Pokemon
    DBZ

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Well the first anime I watched was Pokemon, either that or Digimon. I didn't know that they were an anime show at the time. The first one's I saw that I knew were anime were: DB, DBZ and Case Closed^^.

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2010
    My First Anime Was Candy-Candy, But Seen Another Animes Series, But Not Very Know... The Anime Maker " Anime Fan" Was Sailor Moon..

Avegaille

Misaka Mikoto > you.
    Years
    ... Well, mine is either Akazuking Cha-Cha (I dunno if that's the right spelling) or Bu-Bu Cha-Cha (it's another anime, they're not the same damnit XD)

Yeah, can't remember, but Bu-Bu Cha-Cha aired on Disney Channel back then. =p

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Oh yeah... How could I forget about Akazukin Cha-Cha. I mean, when I got home from school, I would run straight to the TV, so that I wouldn't miss it =D

Ari-chan

hypnotizing
    Years
    Sailor Moon. I remember waking up early weekday mournings just to watch it on UPN (which was on at 6-6:30)before school (which was at eight). Ah, the good ol' days when I woke up early because I wanted to. That was about almost 10 years ago.

First anime I ever saw though without being a fan of the anime or knowing what it was was early Speed Racer though.

Inugami

Years
    Me I have to say that my first anime was Voltes V (cha) It was the Filipino Dub, I also used to live in the Phillipines. My Dad even liked it, so I remember watching it with him.

Back