• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Contact [T]

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen today
    Riley didn't speak immediately, staring up at the trees. A god is attuned to the wishes of the mortal, he heard his Aunt's voice say. And they respond in the way that would assist the most in the end. A god is not selfish Riley, no matter the whims that seem to take them. The "Pikachu" was ticking him off with her mind games. Or... attempted mind games in his case. Riley could do better. He knew he could. It was a part of victory in battle and in strength. Intelligence was a trait Hargirt was commonly prayed for. Nobody ever considered Rivir's brains. He would have to fix that.

At the thought of the gods he frowned. Fircia... may Valkri grant a fair decision. The irony of this was almost physical.

He turned back toward the two Pokemon. "The flattery can stop at any time," he stated, small paws curling into fists and then easing again. The urge to play his guitar rose then passed. "And you keep "sparking" like that and I'll knock your eyes out." He was tempted just to do it right now and forget consequences.

"I said what I said to give people a different set o' eyes. Forcin' people to think my way is dumb and it ain't worked before. And isn't running away what you guys are doing? They linger here and you just pretend they ain't and go off tryin to glorify yourselves with secrets! And then go and get other people wrapped up in your own stuff so you shine the best? Forget it." He glowered. "That ain't teamwork; ain't a victory." Riley gave the "Pikachu" a look of contempt. "You may have lots of info, fox," He hissed the word. "But you don't know a thing about people."

His expression softened at the other Pokemon, the Metang. "It's better if I don't. Better one more get killed actin' stupid than a bunch all at once. Besides, a stupid kid like me will slow you down. Let me do mine and you all do yours if that's whatcha wanna do." He wanted to make a quote and a pose but right now... right now just didn't feel good.

And besides... a darker voice in his mind sneered. It's not like you deserve to be in a team with them. It's your fault Spinda's dead. Riley grinned falsely at the Metang but didn't voice the dark thought. No one would likely get it. After all they were normal and he was a god in spirit. There was no way mortals could understand gods.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • Sanya Kikachu

"Hehe, you got me, sparky," Sanya spoke out, transforming back to herself. "Should have known you could have seen through this. Only rash, short tempered ones could see through these disguises," she explained, remembering her dark past. "In fact, you say it as if you're a wise one. You're only a puny child. A pikachu. Not even a raichu in fact. What makes you think you know about elithians?"

Her illusions were no use for this, and this pikachu was smart. Might as well do the dum thing, since it was impossible for her to lose this time. Her claws glowed a dark red, glaring at Pikachu.

"At least I'm proud to be a fox. This is why I don't form bonds. Bonds cause pain. Where there is love, there is hate. Where there is hate, there was once love. The cycle is endless. Even you, the so called pikachu who knows people, should know that, correct?" she spoke back in a tone. All of a sudden, another voice interruped their chat.

Nathaniel Excifer

He followed where the other volunteers had gone. He found it quite an idiocrocy to find that, a mannerly Zoroark, went after some kid who doesn't do anything but emotions. In fact, he heard the whole conversation the Zoroark and Pikachu had. He was quite cunning, yes, but relied too much on his emotions. There was no solid, gold facts. Just pure bluff. The Zoroark had a point, yet even she was wrong. Everybody was wrong. Now he's going to settle things. If the tables turn on him, he would have no other choice than to intervene their battle. He could see a battle come on. At least the steel-type pokemon had some sense.

He walked out of the clearing, noticing how nobody noticed his presence until he spoke.

"You speak as if you were a god. Do you realize what you're blabbing about?" Nathaniel walked up to the Pikachu, glaring him down. He then turned to look at Sanya. "You also speak of nonsense. Wasn't this whole purpose to discover who the invaders were? Let those who don't want to participate, not participate. Am I not correct?" he then turned to watch the pikachu. "He is none of our concern. In fact...what help would he do? Feelings? Emotions? Just a burden." All of a sudden, the fox bursted out.

"What do you know about feelings?!"

"Me? Nothing. That is why he's a burden, and you are wrong," Nathaniel smartly commented back, the fox lowered her ears. He knew Nathaniel. A mere lumberjack, but rumors say he is never wrong. If rumors are correct, she could make a fool of herself. Instead, she turned to the pokemon beside her.

Fuyu

Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen today
    Riley listened to them both quietly, his paws curling into fists. He knew what they thought of him: rash, a child, short-tempered, naive, emotional, unnecessary. Why were they continuing to stop him then with all these words? He didn't understand them. Maybe words were all they had. He pitied them for a minute. Then it disappeared. They wanted to make a fool of him. "Maybe I just choose not to evolve. Is that a fair option?"

He sighed in a mixture of irritation and mirth as he first thought through the words on emotions. Then he couldn't help a snort. "Bonds cause pain? Emotions are a burden? Pfft." He snorted. "Who cares if they are? It makes things a bit more interesting. It makes life a bit more meaningful. So what if it hurts?" He glanced at them coolly. "So what if it "hinders" you? You aren't perfect so it's fine. And maybe bonds cause pain but so does a Thunderbolt or a scratch or even a Psycho Cut or whatever. Running away from them is running away from another battle and you get caught up in it again anyway." Riley remembered Aunt Fiona's advice about this when he had still been young, bullied, and a complete moron. They aren't better than you Riley. And even as a god you aren't better than them. You both feel and even if the feeling is painful, it is better than being hollow and having nothing.

He gave the Gallade a sidelong glance. "And what I am is not any of your business, especially if you do not want me here." Riley nodded at the creature. "I don't blabber on about what I don't know without at least some idea. Please. I may be a burden but give me more credit than that please. Not that you care. All you want is answers you may not even be ready to get yet. Oh well, even a fool can tell there is no victory among the despairing." He turned and left again, disappearing toward the trees. "Fircia keep you safe," he added casually. "I know Rivir certainly won't."

Honestly if they didn't care why did they keep talking to him?

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • Sanya Kikachu

What she saw was quite hurtful. Now that she felt hurt, she understood the poor pikachu. Maybe she went overboard, too overboard. All she wanted was for the pikachu to help them. She wasn't giving up, and this time, she's going to reveal her sweet side. If all else fails then...there's no use anymore. Might as well give up on the feeling pikachu.

She dashed off towards the pikachu, yet the Gallade called out to her.

"Why run off after something that has already given up? He said it himself he's running away," Nathaniel told her. She bared her fangs at him. "That rodent still has yet to grow up."

"He's right! You do not know how it feels like to feel any compassion, nor opinions. Why care what I do then!" she napped back, hiding out of their sight and dashing towards the pikachu. It took her a while, but she soon catched up to the pikachu.

"I'm sorry, okay? I wanted to apologize for everything! It's just that....er," she bit her tongue. This pikachu reminded her of Grovyle, the one back still at the capital. At first, Grovyle was ridiculously hard to befriend, ending their talks and chats with growls and menacing words. This pikachu is hiding something. At first she did it to get info out of him but...he's starting to remind her of her past, her family. One of her old friends acted like this pikachu two. That makes two people the pikachu reminds her of. Might as well be reminded.

"Um...I don't know your pain! But at least stop and explain it all. I...I feel ashamed. It's not like me to bare fangs, and I should act like a mannerly Zoroark," she spoke to the rodent, yet noticed the Gallade leaving. It was either this thing or....or the mission. Either way, she was on vacation, and her eyes showed true sorrow. If he doesn't believe these eyes, which are in fact real sorrow eyes, then he just says no to everything. This was no illusion.

Nathaniel Excifer

He snickered at these events. "Well then, we must move on. We lost one brave one, but that pikachu reminds me too much of an old of friend of that Zoroark. It's disturbing as well." He closed his eyes, breathing in and out. "No use to be here, let's go," Nathaniel spoke to the steel pokemon, walking towards the area.

Stingray

Space elves FTW
    Years
  • General Ezekiel Grimm
    Remains of Mirit

The General glanced over at the Sergeant who said they were likely hostile and replied, "They are likely hostile so keep a sharp eye out for any activity, but do not engage unless you're authorized to go weapons hot. While I would love to cut these primitive beings down if they attack me to show them the error of their actions we need to avoid provoking them anymore. Our responsibility is to protect the last remains of humanity… a starting a war is not an option. Yes, I realize it might already be too late on that, but one can always be a little optimistic. Let's move out and get this recon mission over with."

The General then lifted his light machine gun to a firing position and moved toward the Gardevoir's house. He looked up at the sigh that was written in some unknown language. "General Grimm to Respite, uplinking HUD to network now… patch information directly to Hex to analyze their language," said Grimm as he tapped several buttons on the data pad strapped to his right wrist. He then pushed the vines that made up the door aside and walked inside. He carefully started to investigate the home. Inside were all sorts of plants, bottles, and a few strange items. The light source hanging for the roof was some strange glowing orb. Grimm stared at it but dared not touch the glowing light source.

"I have a feeling these beings are going to be much different than anything we have seen before," muttered Grimm as he carefully moved around the object.

Pokemon
    Town of Tranquility

The Venasaur finished talking to the scared Gardevoir, while everyone was trying to convince the Pikachu to join the scouting party. As the Pikachu walked off the Gardevoir carefully approached the others who began to gather together. "I can get you outside the city very quickly if you like… but I'm not going in with you," said the Gardevoir softly to the small scouting band.

OOC Still on vacation but got a little time to myself OOC

Fuyu

Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen today
    Riley glanced at her a moment, almost swinging his guitar over to play over her voice. However, that was rude so he didn't, letting her speak again. When she finished, he waited. Not for dramatics or anything, just to make sure she had let it all out. Then he turned to face her. He grinned cheerily, the smile genuine. He felt a little bad for her; she wasn't used to this sort of thing clearly. Ah but the smile felt much better. "You shouldn't worry about it," he told her happily. "I'm used to it." I've come to expect it... "A god expects hardships as he comes into his power so..." He grinned again. "It's not a problem."

Riley scratched his head. "I was out of line too anyhow. Hope the others don't scold me for me and my big mouth."

He paused for a minute and took off his instrument. The movement was done carefully. It wasn't easy to repair the thing. "See..." Riley commented quietly. "People always assume I'm thinking with my heart and not my head. I don't care so much, cause both are important things to think stuff with. But I don' think anybody's figured it out yet. That thing that flew with flaming wings... it was huge! And me, I'm tiny, real tiny. And those weird creatures with the metal came off of it too. They must have been big." He strummed the strings. "Now... between the two of us, they'd notice you first. Why? Cause you're big. And most people assume big means dangerous, it means bad. So they won't notice me no matter how much I wave my paws. I don't look threatening at all. And that's what I need."

Riley grinned. "An awesome little dude like me, even with my fur, can get around with a lot less lookin' than you guys. After all, that big bad Gallade looks like he could rough up stuff! Me? what could I do? I'm just a kid." He grinned cheekily. "Nobody thinks about kids." He pouted playfully a second. "Even though I'm sixteen... gosh gods have it weird."

He stood up and put his guitar back. "Now missum, I get what yer tryin to do but he don' want me there and I'mma thinkin' he's right not to. I'd get in the way. So... let's try our stuff separately okay?" He was still smiling. "And about understanding my pain," Riley held out a paw to shake. "I'll tell ya when we meet up again. Kay?"

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • Sanya Kikachu

"You shouldn't worry about it," he told her happily. "I'm used to it, a god expects hardships as he comes into his power so...It's not a problem." Riley scratched his head. "I was out of line too anyhow. Hope the others don't scold me for me and my big mouth." He paused for a minute and took off his instrument. The movement was done carefully. "See..People always assume I'm thinking with my heart and not my head. I don't care so much, cause both are important things to think stuff with. But I don' think anybody's figured it out yet. That thing that flew with flaming wings... it was huge! And me, I'm tiny, real tiny. And those weird creatures with the metal came off of it too. They must have been big." He strummed the strings. "Now... between the two of us, they'd notice you first. Why? Cause you're big. And most people assume big means dangerous, it means bad. So they won't notice me no matter how much I wave my paws. I don't look threatening at all. And that's what I need."

Riley grinned. "An awesome little dude like me, even with my fur, can get around with a lot less lookin' than you guys. After all, that big bad Gallade looks like he could rough up stuff! Me? what could I do? I'm just a kid." He grinned cheekily. "Nobody thinks about kids." He pouted playfully a second. "Even though I'm sixteen... gosh gods have it weird." He stood up and put his guitar back. "Now missum, I get what yer tryin to do but he don' want me there and I'mma thinkin' he's right not to. I'd get in the way. So... let's try our stuff separately okay?" He was still smiling. "And about understanding my pain," Riley held out a paw to shake. "I'll tell ya when we meet up again. Kay?"

"Alright," she said, transforming into a pikachu, shaking his hand. "but now, I'll make you a deal then. I'll stay like this for the whole scouting, and tell you what happens. Sorry it's just that....you remind me a lot of my old friends. I've had pain too, so seeing you somehow brings my sweet side back out," she revealed.

Fuyu

Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen today
    Riley nodded a bit. "Everybody has pain, even if it don't hurt anymore." He grinned. "That's why I'm smiling right now." He gave her a thumb's up. "It's a deal missum. I'll hold you to your end and you hold me to mine." He paused for a moment, releasing her hand. "I remind you of someone..." He spoke this quietly, almost wistfully. "Wish I could say the same." Wish I knew more people...

He beamed, looking as though nothing, not even the dead, were bothering him. "Ah well, if I remind you of something that makes you nice, I'd say that's a victory!" He punched the air. "Good luck missum, in whatever you do! Rivir will guide you through it." He waved cheekily and bolted off deeper into the trees until his footsteps couldn't be heard.

As he went away, he clenched a paw. "So she's my friend huh..." A bitter smile touched his lips. "I hope it lasts..."

You've doomed that poor fox.

He ignored this and kept walking, searching for rocks. Finding a large one by a tree, he began to dig in front of it, making a deep hole. Pulling himself out, he grabbed a stone and began to carve. It wasn't official or beautiful but it would serve. He carved Mirit into the largest rock.

"I'm sorry," he uttered. "I couldn't make you guys all graves but... for now let this be your resting place. When I find you I'll bury what I can. I... I promise. On my status as god arising, I swear I'll find a way to let you rest in peace." He picked up a smaller stone, clutched it in a paw, and took a deep breath. He would not cry. "Thank you Spinda." He threw it into the earth and covered the hole again.

Riley nodded at this, closing his eyes and listening to the spirits that remained. Then he turned and raced toward Mirit. No more time.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • Sanya Kikachu

Riley nodded a bit. "Everybody has pain, even if it don't hurt anymore." He grinned. "That's why I'm smiling right now." He gave her a thumb's up. "It's a deal missum. I'll hold you to your end and you hold me to mine." He paused for a moment, releasing her hand. "I remind you of someone..." He spoke this quietly, almost wistfully. "Wish I could say the same." He beamed, looking as though nothing, not even the dead, were bothering him. "Ah well, if I remind you of something that makes you nice, I'd say that's a victory!" He punched the air. "Good luck missum, in whatever you do! Rivir will guide you through it." He waved cheekily and bolted off deeper into the trees until his footsteps couldn't be heard.

"Alright," she smiled, running off in her female pikachu form. There was something about him that wasn't right though....but who cares. As long as he reminds her of somebody, she'll be as nice as she can be. She dashed off towards the Gardevoir, where Nathaniel and Magnus were. Without hesitation, everybody gathered around and were soon teleported, disappearing without a trace.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Alice McDowe

Another soldier spoke up, the one called Danny Calhoun, is she remembered correctly. He pretty much voiced all her concerns in a few sentences. She knew deep down that he was right, anything that was left alive down there would be aiming all of their weapons right at them. The General spoke up, reminding all of them that the soldiers couldn't kill any lifeforms that they encountered. While Alice understood the argument the General was using she also couldn't help but check her tazer yet again. Yes, provoking them would be bad, but they had no doubt provoked these aliens so much already that she couldn't really believe that they had a chance to even try diplomancy with them.

Soon the team moved through the area. Alice quickly scanned areas that they walked through. She didn't see that many bodies, but she just assumed that The Respite had simply crushed them to dust. They soon arrived at a building that she assumed was a house, but what did she know?

"General Grimm to Respite, uplinking HUD to network now… patch information directly to Hex to analyze their language," Alice didn't say anything. She learned a long time ago a medic didn't have any business in what the soldiers did. If she wanted to speak she would have said that uplinking to the network was just a waste of time. What was the purpose of finding out the alien language if these aliens only said what they thought they were saying. Put simply, she knew that once they encountered any other life they would hear some new cuss words to add to their dictionary.

The group entered the house. "I have a feeling these beings are going to be much different than anything we have seen before," Alice couldn't agree more. There was alien language all over the buildings, all kinds of alien pots and what-nots scattered over the room. Alice's interest perked as she spied numerous plants and glass bottles filled with liquids. "Looks like this is a primative herb shop." She commented. Alice didn't expect anyone to pay attention to the medic. All she was good for was making sure no died, not that hard now that she thought about it.

Last edited:

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • |Ooc: Damn it my name isn't Calhorn! End Ooc|
    Daniel Calhoun

As the group walked on, the General responded to Danny's comment. "They are likely hostile so keep a sharp eye out for any activity, but do not engage unless you're authorized to go weapons hot. While I would love to cut these primitive beings down if they attack me to show them the error of their actions we need to avoid provoking them anymore. Our responsibility is to protect the last remains of humanity… a starting a war is not an option. Yes, I realize it might already be too late on that, but one can always be a little optimistic. Let's move out and get this recon mission over with."
    Danny just kept walking, he wasn't about to argue. He also noticed that, now, the General had his gun raised. Dan raised his own rifle and entered some building with the Gen. and Alice McDowe, the Medic of the group. General Grimm sent some message back to the ship, but Danny didn't pay attention to what he said, he was looking at all the debris across the floor, whatever had been in here obviously left in a hurry. "Looks like this is a primative herb shop." Alice said. Daniel picked up a bottle and examined it.
    "I could take a couple bottles back if you wish, not like it'll harm me, hopefully..." Danny said

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    (OOC: Woops, sorry about that typo! :( )

Alice McDowe

Alice was actually taken aback that a marine had actually listened to her. Now that she thought about it, that really did seem like a great idea. If she could take back some small samples of the herbs and serums she found here there might be a chance (a very small chance at that!) she could find a medicine that could work like some of the drugs already aboard The Respite. If she could find a medicine that worked akin to morphine then she wouldn't have to worry so much about the morphine cabinet being broken into every single second of her day. This planet could very well grow plants that could produce medicines that might even work better than the stuff she had in storage!

"Yeah, that's a good idea. Go ahead and grab some bottles then, all I need is a few samples really." Alice walked over to the counter and grabbed a few bottles and placed them in her med kit. Her med kit was lined with numerous loops to place the bottles in and to prevent them from moving around, not only that the exterior was blaster proof as well to prevent any harm to the contents inside. She tore off a few vines from the plants she saw and stuffed them inside as well. The plant samples would die before they got back on the ship, but she could have one of the plant guys on the ship take a look at the samples and see if they contained any beneficial effects.

Stingray

Space elves FTW
    Years
  • Remains of Mirit

The Gardevoir sighed as she teleported four Pokemon outside the remains of Mirit (A Lucario joined the scouting party right as they teleported away). Leaning against a tree to catch her breath the Gardevoir said between breaths, "Mirit is just over that hill… I'm sorry I'm not coming with you… it's just… I'm too scared to go." She was clearly embarrassed by her cowardice as she hung her head and started to turn a little red as she spoke the last whispered words. As the group moved toward the village she added, "I'll be waiting here if you want to go back quickly. It's at least a 6 hour walk by foot." The Lucario moved without talking to the hill and peeked over it. Below in the few remaining buildings they could only see one human marine standing outside one of the buildings looking at someone's outside decorations of their house. Just then they heard a roaring sound overhead as one of the Hellions slowly flew a few hundred feet off the ground in a patrol like pattern above the ground soldiers. A few seconds later the sound and view of the flying machine disappeared off to the east. The Lucario turned to the others and asked in a whisper, "What should we do now? I only see one of them but I think we should be careful of the metal flying thing that just roared by."

Meanwhile inside the building Grimm continued to investigate the many items in the room and said, "Go ahead take as many samples as you can just don't try them without having it analyzed by a computer." He picked up a rather strange yet beautiful silver colored necklace with strange slightly glowing stones set in the small oval center piece. It was on the floor and Grimm wondered why something like this was misplaced and yet all the random jars of plants were well organized and labeled in a strange language.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    Alex "Hyena" Sherman

Alex listened briefly over the comm of the exchange between the General and Respite. The first thing they had to do was discover the alien's language. Soon, a few of the marines, as well as Alice McDowe entered the "houses". Alex remained outside, patrolling the area as well as admiring the strange homes of the creatures. It wouldn't be noticed from looking at him encased in his armor, but his heart was pounding. He was rather nervous, but also intrigued. What kind of race did they stumble upon, he wondered?

Alex could briefly hear the exchange between McDowe and another marine, Daniel Calhoun, from inside one of the buildings, but he wasn't paying too much attention to them at the moment. Alex zoomed in on his scope, around the area instead, observing the environment, but also on the lookout for anything potentially harmful. The General was clear. They didn't want any unwanted entanglements, but if something attacked, they would attack back.

"Go ahead take as many samples as you can just don't try them without having it analyzed by a computer." He heard General Grimm say from inside the building. As Alex turned to face a hill now, he thought for a moment he spotted something moving. Zooming in with his scope at the area, nothing could be seen. Alex continued looking through the scope, as he slowly approached the hill in the distance. A false alarm, perhaps, but now Alex was cautious.

Beegu

Is Waldo
    Years
  • attachment.php
    Magnus Yttallum-Mirit Remains

After the group had given up on converting the stubborn pikachu to join their mission, he, Sanya and Nathaniel had gathered around the gardevoir. One more pokemon called to the group. A lucario ran to join the group and then the quartet teleported. It was an odd sensation, like being stretched and bent before ending up at their location. Magnus looked around. They had landed behind a hill, some ruined houses visible over its rim. Some smoke was still rising off to the left. The gardevoir spoke from behind them she was leaning against a tree catching her breath.

"Mirit is just over that hill… I'm sorry I'm not coming with you… it's just… I'm too scared to go." She hung her head and turned red at the last words."I'll be waiting here if you want to go back quickly. It's at least a 6 hour walk by foot." she added as the group walked towards the hilltop.

The lucario peered over the hill. Being anxious, he also moved slowly towards the city. he put his head into a bush to see what was going on. Beings, similar to how he'd imagined them, were inside a still standing house. They were more like machokes he thought. Magnus watched them as they picked up objects and look at them oddly. One was standing outside. Magnus couldn't tell what he was looking at by the absence of features on his head. It was like a black sphere. Then a strange object flew overhead. It roared angrily. It was high up, perhaps 65 meters above them. Magnus focused on it. It reminded him of himself, but without arms, or eyes and distorted into an odd shape. It passed them without seeing them, good thing to. It sounded angry, and could've probably bite them to bits. Magnus looked back at the house. The things inside seemed to be having a conversion, although he couldn't hear from this distance. Magnus hooked at the one outside, and his heart jolted. Although he couldn't see its face, he could tell it had seen them. it began approaching them! Magnus yanked back from the bush, tumbling. So did the lucario. Magnus looked at the others. His tone was a mix of panic, anxiety, and excitement.

"One's coming!"

Fuyu

Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen today
    Riley slowed down. He was wasting energy, which was bad. He had a long way to go, which was annoying. He slowed and began to pad forward on his back paws. He was tired right now. At least emotionally he was tired. As long as he didn't run for a while, he'd probably be fine. Riley sighed audibly. He was glad he was alone, even though it brought more pain to his poor paws. He could drop his mask a little bit. It was good... for now. He knew he'd want to be in a group again soon enough. Just... yeah he was tired of repeating himself.

Ooh... maybe it was time to break out da rock and roll. Since he had no subjects to entertain him, the least he could do is entertain himself. Riley paused for a few moments to move the guitar over his stomach. Slowly he began to strum. As long as he was playing slow songs, he wouldn't lose concentration and possibly trip all over himself. (Really, that would be a great image of Rivir. It really would. The trees were almost blurring together in their mediocrity but he knew where he was going. He had been in Mirit long enough.

He wondered if that Zoroark had seen anything interesting yet.

Riley slowed down. He was wasting energy, which was bad. He had a long way to go, which was annoying. He slowed and began to pad forward on his back paws. He was tired right now. At least emotionally he was tired. As long as he didn't run for a while, he'd probably be fine. Riley sighed audibly. He was glad he was alone, even though it brought more pain to his poor paws. He could drop his mask a little bit. It was good... for now. He knew he'd want to be in a group again soon enough. Just... yeah he was tired of repeating himself.

Ooh... maybe it was time to break out da rock and roll. Since he had no subjects to entertain him, the least he could do is entertain himself. Riley paused for a few moments to move the guitar over his stomach. Slowly he began to strum. As long as he was playing slow songs, he wouldn't lose concentration and possibly trip all over himself. (Really, that would be a great image of Rivir. It really would. The trees were almost blurring together in their mediocrity but he knew where he was going. He had been in Mirit long enough.

He wondered if that Zoroark had seen anything interesting yet.

Last edited:

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • Sorry for the sudden absence....just had exams and studied plenty.

Sanya Kikachu

"Mirit is just over that hill… I'm sorry I'm not coming with you… it's just… I'm too scared to go." She hung her head and turned red at the last words."I'll be waiting here if you want to go back quickly. It's at least a 6 hour walk by foot." she added as the group walked towards the hilltop.

The lucario peered over the hill. Below in the few remaining buildings they could only see one human marine standing outside one of the buildings looking at someone's outside decorations of their house. Just then they heard a roaring sound overhead as one of the Hellions slowly flew a few hundred feet off the ground in a patrol like pattern above the ground soldiers. A few seconds later the sound and view of the flying machine disappeared off to the east. The Lucario turned to the others and asked in a whisper, "What should we do now? I only see one of them but I think we should be careful of the metal flying thing that just roared by."

All Sanya could do is watch too. She was bewildered by the strange beasts lurking not too far away. Gulping, she drew in her courage and stood up for herself. "I can-" She then paused. She just realized she was still a pikachu. She couldn't break the deal she had made with that rodent not too long ago, so she changed her response. "We can possibly split up into groups of two or three." This was hard. Hard to give orders with a tiny body like this. What was she thinking when she agreed? Was she really that desperate to have a friend?

Nathaniel Excifer

He too watched as the strange creatures just seem to look around. To him, they don't seem as strong. He can easily cut through a tree, so he could try to cut through their strange armor. Of course, they stood on two feet and wielded strange weapons...so he could try to remain cautious.

It was then that the Zoroark had spoken up, and somehow she had a point, yet he prefers to go solo on this. Not to have any arguments, but having another partner he doesn't even know could be a burden to him, much less a problem. All of a sudden, he spotted one of the creatures looking at their direction with a strange apparatus. 'Drat, maybe they really are not like us at all....can they really see us from that far ahead?' he thought in alarm, backing away slowly with silence.

Stingray

Space elves FTW
    Years
  • General Ezekiel Grimm

"Lance Corporal Sherman you see anything," said General Grimm over the radio when he noticed Hyena slowly moving away from the others. Moving over to a window he was able to get a good view of the silent soldier. Bringing up his light machine gun he looked down the scope at the hill top Sherman was moving toward. The General didn't see anything, but his field of view was very limited from inside the building.

Pokemon

The Lucario ducked down and asked the Gallade franticly, "You think it saw us? What should be do? Should we run? Should we attack? Should we stay here and see what happens? What if that flying thing comes by?"

OOC Sorry for such a short post but wanted to post something OOC

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • Nathaniel Excifer

He hesitated for a moment, not able to believe this was happening. He stayed silent for a few seconds longer, realizing that they were still not spotted from the way they looked confused. Either way, he didn't want to take that chance. Maybe they did and were planning an attack already. He ducked.

"We can't dive in without somebody as either a decoy or somebody to gather information on them. We can't fight not knowing their abilities." He was worried, but he didn't want to run away just yet. It wasn't in his nature, not in his blood. He wanted to fight back and gain info on them....he just had to.

"....let's wait and see....if we run, we will lose this opportunity. If we attack, we're going to go in blind," he replied. He looked at the others around him to somehow give him advice on this, or maybe a hint. He knows nothing of this, and doesn't really like being the boss in situations where he's supposed to be a fast thinker.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    Alex "Hyena" Sherman

Alex continued to scan around the area he thought had movement. His heart was beating quite heavily as he tried to convince himself he saw nothing. He went over the area through his scope again, and again, and again. He suddenly heard General Grimm's voice over the radio.

"Lance Corporal Sherman you see anything," he heard over the radio. Alex was silent for a moment as he went over the area one more time. Nothing was seen moving. He stopped walking now up the hill, and stayed in place. He was sure he saw movement, but whether that was debris from the ship, an unintelligent indigenous species, or perhaps exactly what he was looking for, he didn't know. For now, he decided he saw nothing, and turned around. He finally spoke up on the radio.

"No, sir." He said quietly, and began heading back to the rest of the group down below.

Back