• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Contact [T]

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    Alex "Hyena" Sherman

As the general order, Alex turned his translator off as the General briefed them on their mission. Alex listened carefully as Grimm laid out the plan. He agreed with his points, but wasn't sure if using force at first was the best option. No doubt, if the time came, Alex would pick up his weapon and fire. But he secretly wished negotiations would end well and hostilities wouldn't occur. But just like the General, he didn't want to be at the mercy of the aliens, no matter their intentions.

Nevertheless, he nodded in response to the General. Calhoun also nodded. He noticed that after a while, it appeared Daniel had gone to sleep. Alex refused to, despite being quite overwhelmed and tired from the day's events. He wanted at least one of them to be awake in case the worst would happen. As the Helion decended, Alex prepped for landing. He noticed as one of the aliens threw up in the bag the General provided. He wondered if it was because it was not used to the aircraft, or if their species was just not meant for high travel. Nevertheless, the aircraft finally stopped, and Alex proceeded outside after the rest of them did. They were met by a large number of the aliens, all of different size and shape. Alex thought that perhaps like humans, there were different 'races' of these aliens as well.

"Greetings I am here on a peace keeping mission… I am General Ezekiel Grimm leader of the Galatical Terran Alliance Armed Forces, I am here to speak with your king to discuss a possible peace treaty between our people."

Another alien exchanged greetings with the General, and led them all into a great hall. Alex noted the strange statues, possible of former kings, but maybe even of deities they worshiped. He wasn't sure. Still, he admired their craftsmanship. It was very unique. His mind snapped back to attention as he focused on the current situation, being led into a hall where others waited. The original greeter left to prep the king for their arrival, and as he did, another alien approached and talk to them.

"Would any of you please listen to me? I have urgent news and they refuse to allow me to see the king. I need to see him… can you help me? This is a matter of life and death!"

Alex didn't feel he should respond, being not of the same species as the others, so stayed silent and out of the way as the allowed the Pokemon to deal with the newcomer. Instead, he heard Daniel ask a question he really didn't want to hear.

"You think any other ships survived?"

Alex turned to him, unsure how to answer, and unsure if he wanted to answer even if he could. It wasn't easy seeing your entire race get slowly wiped out by another. But for all he knew, this was all that was left of them. Them, and the Respite. Until he had physical confirmation otherwise, this was it. He thought this was a better way to think instead of hoping for maybes and whatifs.

Alex shook his head in response to Sergeant Calhoun. The Respite was all that was left. This is what the human race was reduced to.

Stingray

Space elves FTW
    Years
  • Chapter 2

Turning off the translator the General continued to look ahead while he answered at Daniel with almost a whisper, "Perhaps Exodus Fleet 04 survived, but I doubt it…"

Hearing the General was tough thanks to the Linoone who was now talking extremely fast and loud since he finally had someone willing to listen, "I come from the gate… I played my dues but that is not why I'm here. I'm here because things are starting to go wrong there. The devourers, you know those beasts from the legends, well they still exist behind the gate, but they are few in number and very very dumb. Usually they are really easy to scare off or kill. Nothing like the army that destroyed everything the legends talk about, more like mindless beasts looking for food or something, which are often each other. Anyway the news is they are starting to act more intelligent, and organized. They have set up ambushes, and their activity has increased. They seem to be working together and I saw at least one that seemed to be a step above the others… you know an evolution or something. Either way this needs to be stopped. Already six patrols have gone missing not including the one I was in.

I know you must think I'm so sort of crazy doom preacher yelling out that they are going to kill us all, but I fear they are becoming a threat again. I'm supposed to be here to get support sent to the gate. The problem is the gate is more or less a prison to get rid of criminals, and because of that no one is willing to go there to help. I was once a prisoner there so no one will listen to me since they assume I'm a liar or I'm trying to con them or something." The Linoone sighed and continued at a slower pace, "The warden sent me here to get help many moons ago, and I can't get anyone to listen to me. I just need someone important to hear me and believe it … doesn't even have to be the king at this point… just someone who can send help."

----

"The king isn't a good ruler. He is a self centered womanizing sorry excuse for a king. He has no strength, backbone, or integrity," said Drake as he walked over to the headmaster's seat and sat down. His eyes betrayed his disgust with their leader, "Headmaster Dracon retired last week, and now I that I'm headmaster I understand why. Our king has been using us to help him get him women for his entertainment. Males labeled as traitors so their wives would be free game for his pursuits… Why do you think all the female members of our order like you were sent to far off cities on some "rebel finding missions?" It was because Dracon was protecting you all.

This isn't even the worse part… all he cares about is eating, feasting, and women. He is easy to manipulate and is the pawn that is easy yanked around by any noble who is willing to pay him off with one of the above things. Several nobles are in the midst of a power grab and war is a looming threat for our people. That is just part of it… one agent discovered a vast slavery ring in Evermist… linked it back to Lord Shirix. The king pardoned Shirix with only a few minor punishments and a promise that Shirix would stop his horrid actions. Also the king had several more concubines added to his harem not long after and a huge feast thrown in his honor for his "mercy."

Sanya it is time for a new king… I know we swore loyalty to the king, but I feel it is time we protect the kingdom instead of the king. I know what I'm speaking is traitorous, and I'm only telling you this because I hope you will help me. I cannot do this alone and I do not know who else to trust.
    The king is royal blood, and because of that he has the fanatical loyalty of the elite royal guard and much of the people. Also he has no set heir, and no person to replace him. However the arrival of these aliens is the perfect chance to end this vile king's rule, while uniting our people under one banner to fight a common foe. All I need you to do is pose as the alien's leader and kill the king. It wouldn't take much to turn all attention and blame on them. My problem is who to place on the throne after the king is dead…" Drake then seemed to settle down as he ranted. When he was done he sat back in his seat and waited to hear Sanya's response.

------

Hasil returned to the main hall and said, "Our great king will see you now." He ushered the humans and their Pokemon companions into a massive gold lined throne room.

As they were ushered inside the Linoone yelled at groupl, "Please tell the king what I had to say… he needs to know!"

At the far end sitting in a massive throne, which was covered in gold and rare gems, was a very obese Dragonite. Leading the small group up to the throne Hasil bowed down to one knee leaning his body and head until his head almost touched the floor. Seeing the head of the Royal Guard do this Lania also bowed.

However General Grimm gave a very slight bow barely bending his body at all. He only did so as a greeting, and was clearly not going to show the same respect as the Gallade or Gardevoir. This seemed to take the Dragonite's attention off of Lania, who he had been staring at since she entered, and his face started to twist into rage. "Why do you not bow to me? The king!" half spat the enraged dragon.

"Because we are equals… you are the king of your people and I'm the leader of mine. I only gestured a greeting because bowing would suggest my race was subject to you and thus your race. I come here as an equal seeking an alliance, not as a subject pledging loyalty," replied the calm stone faced General, who didn't even flinch at the dragon's outburst.

The throne room was tense as several guards took steps toward the humans. The Dragonite still looked angry as it sat back down in the throne, but it motioned for the guards to stop. "Ok alien… Why do you think you're my equal?" The Dragonite motioned to the room around him. "I control this land… I own every piece of dirt, every blade of grass, everything I want I get, what I say is law, and I'm only second to the gods."

General Grimm responded with pride, "Because I am their leader." He motioned toward Alex and Daniel. "The honor and responsibility of leading such outstanding individuals is worth more than me than all the treasure in this room," continued the General, which put a very confused look on the Dragonite's face.

The Dragonite just sat there confused for a second before asking, "What can an alliance with your weak looking kind benefit me?"

"Technology," replied General Grimm not reacting to the insults. He looked over at the Pokemon that had travelled with him. He then noticed Sanya was missing, but he quickly refocused on his current issue. "I'm sure one of your own kind would be better able to describe what they have seen from their short visit in our ship," said Grimm looking at the Pokemon that had come with him.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • Daniel Calhoun

"Perhaps Exodus Fleet 04 survived, but I doubt it…" The General answered in a hushed voice after turning off his translator.

"Well, there's always hope." Daniel replied. Suddenly the Linoone went off the charts with talking.

"I come from the gate… I played my dues but that is not why I'm here. I'm here because things are starting to go wrong there. The devourers, you know those beasts from the legends, well they still exist behind the gate, but they are few in number and very very dumb. Usually they are really easy to scare off or kill. Nothing like the army that destroyed everything the legends talk about, more like mindless beasts looking for food or something, which are often each other. Anyway the news is they are starting to act more intelligent, and organized. They have set up ambushes, and their activity has increased. They seem to be working together and I saw at least one that seemed to be a step above the others… you know an evolution or something. Either way this needs to be stopped. Already six patrols have gone missing not including the one I was in.

I know you must think I'm so sort of crazy doom preacher yelling out that they are going to kill us all, but I fear they are becoming a threat again. I'm supposed to be here to get support sent to the gate. The problem is the gate is more or less a prison to get rid of criminals, and because of that no one is willing to go there to help. I was once a prisoner there so no one will listen to me since they assume I'm a liar or I'm trying to con them or something." It finally slowed down before continuing. "The warden sent me here to get help many moons ago, and I can't get anyone to listen to me. I just need someone important to hear me and believe it … doesn't even have to be the king at this point… just someone who can send help."

Daniel kept a mental note in the back of his head to bring this back up if the General didn't. Something like this could score them some acceptance by the natives if the king didn't accept the alliance. Danny gave a slight nod to the alien to acknowledge that he would at least try to do something.

Hasil returned to them and told them the king was waiting to see them. Everyone in the group followed them in to a gold lined thrown room. All of the aliens in the room bowed. The General gave a slight bow, Danny copied the gesture, but not out of respect for the king, he just didn't want to mess everything up. He stood there while the General and the aliens dragon-thing king talked. It was really tempting to just blurt out "Are you really a dragon?" but he kept his mouth shut.

Danny snapped out of his thought when Grimm motioned to him and Alex, talking about how leading us was worth more than all the gold in the room. Dan just gave a slight nod and went back to standing there.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    Alex "Hyena" Sherman

"Perhaps Exodus Fleet 04 survived, but I doubt it…" Grimm said to the two of them. Alex had to agree. Besides, it was better to assume the worst, so that maybe you might be pleasantly surprised later. Alex had to assume whatever landed here was all that was left, so that there might be a little wiggle room later for some good news. But anything beyond what the General would say about Exodus Fleet 04 or anything else went unheard by the General, due to the loud speaking alien. He spoke of a gate, and an alien race called the devourers, a race apparently supposed to be small in number and quite unintelligent, until just recently. Patrols went missing, and their 'warden' was requesting assistance. Again, this didn't seem like it was exactly their problem, but Alex had to wonder: if a group of alien races like these, with the ability to breathe fire, shoot lightning, and God knows what else, then what exactly did that say about these devourers? Perhaps they were to these aliens what the Shivans were to the humans? Alex shuddered at the thought.

Hasil came back into the main hall and addressed them. "Our great king will see you now." With that, they all departed for the throne room, with the alien from the gate still telling them to help.

"Please tell the king what I had to say… he needs to know!"

Alex stared back at the alien, through his helmet, eyes narrowing and sharp, as if analyzing the alien. Perhaps it would be wise to do so? Perhaps it might be the best course of action to tell the king? Or perhaps it wasn't exactly his problem, and he should leave it to the aliens. But what if they won't respond to him because they believe him to be crazy? What if they don't believe him?

Well, then perhaps it will become Alex's problem.

The throne room was occupied by a set of aliens Alex only assumed were the king's guard, and the king himself, who was, by a human's account, a dragon. An alien race that was a dragon? Alex was mystified. He had concluded from his brief observations that there were so many types of aliens, but these were just different species, as he had seen some that were the exact same type. Alex assumed that there were more of these dragon aliens too, which both bugged him, because of the king's attitude, and mesmerized him, because...well, it's a dragon!

The king and the General went back and forth as the room tensed with the guards apparently on the brink of attacking them, but backing off. But Alex was quite flattered when the General referred to Alex as an "outstanding individual", or perhaps he was only saying that to put up a front to the king, Alex wasn't really sure. Either way, it was nice to hear the General appreciated them. The Sergeant seemed to think so as well, nodding in response to the General.

The topic then moved to the bargains that could be made, Grimm mainly bringing up their technology. For whatever it is worth, even though these aliens seemed to be superpowered, they do have that one disadvantage in that they don't have any of their technology. They did have something to bargain with, and hopefully form some sort of alliance.

Back