• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First game always better?

xPsychosocial

A girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
Years
  • I've never really seen any differences between the games except the obvious version exclusives. That's never really been a problem for me, my friend usually gets the other game from the pair so we just breed stuff and trade them over.

Although the third game of that generation is usually the best with the additional stuff.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • Quote in spoiler.

Spoiler:
    Honestly, most of my views are the exact opposite of yours. That's why there are 493 Pokemon and counting.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • Just because you think a Pokemon is 'Uglier' than it's version exclusive partner, doesn't mean it's in any way worse. That's called being close minded, and your post implies that you are very much so.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I always got the first games, but I wanted the exclusives from the second ones. That made for a lot of looking around/searching when my brother didn't pick up a copy of the game.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Just because you think a Pokemon is 'Uglier' than it's version exclusive partner, doesn't mean it's in any way worse. That's called being close minded, and your post implies that you are very much so.

This

Your post is silly. Buy what you want have fun. It doesnt matter.

UltimaSilva

Varsity Quarterback
    Years
  • The games are really about just having fun, not criticizing all their bad parts. Sandslash can become a powerful pokemon if used right. Arbok can be equally powerful. Shieldon is used for a more defensive approach, while cranidos is used for an offensife approach. Both games are equally good. There is no better one.

Fire Eagle

The Pokemon Legend
    Years
  • The original Pokemon games are always going to be the best games for me . I still like having Charizard and Raichu with Mewtwo . =)

Back