• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen First Generation Five Playthrough in a Decade!

Years
  • Hello everyone! I am doing a Black 2 playthrough, my first one since before X and Y came out. The team I am planning on rocking is Samurott, Arcanine, Magnezone, Krookodile, Sawsbuck, and Sigilyph. It is going to be a mix of MysticUmbreon's team and other Pokemon that I really want to use. I'm not going to do a nuzlocke or any kind of challenge run, just want to relive a fun game! Aside from just beating the game, is there anything else I should do while I play? Originally, I just rushed through the game so that I could do competitive so I haven't done anything optional in the game. Even though Sigilyph would be my flier, I am open to suggestions for a replacement 6th Pokemon as well, I could see Archeops being fun even with defeatist.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • Hello everyone! I am doing a Black 2 playthrough, my first one since before X and Y came out. The team I am planning on rocking is Samurott, Arcanine, Magnezone, Krookodile, Sawsbuck, and Sigilyph. It is going to be a mix of MysticUmbreon's team and other Pokemon that I really want to use. I'm not going to do a nuzlocke or any kind of challenge run, just want to relive a fun game! Aside from just beating the game, is there anything else I should do while I play? Originally, I just rushed through the game so that I could do competitive so I haven't done anything optional in the game. Even though Sigilyph would be my flier, I am open to suggestions for a replacement 6th Pokemon as well, I could see Archeops being fun even with defeatist.

The only thing that I can say is enjoy it when you play. Generation V was great. As for your team, it sounds pretty solid. Sigilyph is a great Pokémon. I raised one for several playthroughs. However, it might not be the best flier if you meant that as Pokémon that can learn the move Fly. For that, I always raised a Pokémon that could get STAB off the move Fly such as Aerodactyl or Crobat. However, the choice is yours.

Years
  • The only thing that I can say is enjoy it when you play. Generation V was great. As for your team, it sounds pretty solid. Sigilyph is a great Pokémon. I raised one for several playthroughs. However, it might not be the best flier if you meant that as Pokémon that can learn the move Fly. For that, I always raised a Pokémon that could get STAB off the move Fly such as Aerodactyl or Crobat. However, the choice is yours.

Yeah, good point! I'm mainly just trying not to have the same typing more than once and it was one Pokemon that MysticUmbreon suggested! I'll probably find something else to replace it.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • Yeah, good point! I'm mainly just trying not to have the same typing more than once and it was one Pokemon that MysticUmbreon suggested! I'll probably find something else to replace it.

Sigilyph is really good though. With its ability Magic Guard, it can safely hold a Life Orb and attack with a 30% power boost without taking recoil damage. Not only that, but it can also learn a ton of moves. It's really great to use for a playthrough. The thing is though it is a special attacker. It having the move Fly would be out of place and it wouldn't be as strong either when used by Sigilyph. My main go-to flier was always Aerodactyl on my primary team and Crobat on my secondary team. I'm the type of player that transfers newly hatched Pokémon from previous games into the other game I'm playing. Thus, I started my adventures with a low level Aerodactyl. It is really good for a playthrough in this sense, as it is fast, strong, and gets STAB from Fly. Crobat is really good as well. It probably isn't good as it is now since Fairy-type doesn't exist in Gen V, but it is very fast, hits decently hard, gets STAB from Fly, and is very easy to obtain if you're not the type to transfer, as Zubat is very common and Golbat is easy to evolve through Friendship.

Years
  • i played white 2 for the first time in a decade too, and reliving the game has been a blast. the post-game is imo the best part of BW2, but if you're looking to play just the main story, i recommend exploring every area possible. there's so many hidden nuggets that are entirely missable, and checking everything makes unova feel like a large place

Years
  • i played white 2 for the first time in a decade too, and reliving the game has been a blast. the post-game is imo the best part of BW2, but if you're looking to play just the main story, i recommend exploring every area possible. there's so many hidden nuggets that are entirely missable, and checking everything makes unova feel like a large place

I might check out the postgame too, we'll see! I will definetly have to do a lot of exploring because it is pretty much like playing a brand new game for me.

Years
  • First update! I beat Cheren on my second try, lost to an unlucky Lillipup crit on my first attempt. I also have no idea what level the gym leaders are going in and I don't want to look them up to spoil anything so I did go in a little underleveled. Team right now is Oshawott, Purrloin, Mareep, and Patrat. This is also my first time ever using an Oshawott and I am liking the little guy so far.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I've never managed to get through BW2 😅 maybe it should be my next try once I finish Crystal. good luck with your playthrough! Magneton/Magnezone is a must have MVP for me in any games where they're found, I just can't seem to enjoy any other electric types as much anymore. aside from possibly Alolan Raichu in Sun/Moon :3

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • I've never managed to get through BW2 😅 maybe it should be my next try once I finish Crystal. good luck with your playthrough! Magneton/Magnezone is a must have MVP for me in any games where they're found, I just can't seem to enjoy any other electric types as much anymore. aside from possibly Alolan Raichu in Sun/Moon :3

Magnezone is one of my all-time favorites as well.

Back