• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen First Impressions [ #23 ]

What was your first impression of Black and White?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    First Impressions [ #23 ]

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I've gotten as far as Victory Road on the ROM, but I love this game so much!

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Are you kidding me? I'm hooked!

Almost 13 hours of game play and I'm only at the third gym. Taking it nice and slow, though!

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
    I'm hooked. Honestly, I think it's the best Pokemon game since G/S/C. I've been playing it since I picked my copy up at noon and only just stopped because my battery needed to be charged. My only complaint is that the story line interrupts game play so much... It's like, every time I'm about to go train my Pokemon, someone walks up to me and talks to me and tells me to do something else. Ugh. I really hope that slows down as the game progresses.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    If I see the word "hooked" one more time people are going to die.

I like it a lot. :3

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I love love love this game :D So far, it's definitely exceeded my expectations. When this generation was first announced, I was a bit skeptical because I hated DPP, but this is definitely much better so far! The interface so much cleaner and more modern-looking, the Pokémon are pretty good this time around, and the world looks so amazing. I would definitely say that so far, this is probably the best generation since Gen II.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    My first impression would be is Cheron related to Cameron the photographer from HGSS cause he sure stalks you like him. On top of that he acts like a know it all even after the fact I have beat him several times. Features are nice, I am just taking in everything the pokemon, the scenery, the music. The pokemon are great, the scenery best I have ever seen in a pokemon game, and the music is alright not too high on it thus far.

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2015
    I'm hooked. The only reason I put it down is because I need to charge my DS. :[

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    It's awesome, it even manages to keep me entertained with all the boring grinding I've been doing lately, mainly because all the pokemon are new.
    The only problem I have is that all the pokemon early on in the wild are kind of dangerous.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I love it, haha. I've never had so much to explore! And I love how I can waltz into any random home in a city and come out with something useful. In previous games you'd probably never get anything that can be of any kind of use to you by exploring the homes and stuff but I feel like Black has given me a solid reason to do so in every town I come into. I've also actually been catching most every single Pokemon I come across (except for Venipede but I only saw one of you!! D: ) I don't know if this is just the first time I've tried to play a Pokemon game like this or what, but this has definitely been the fullest, best experience I've had playing a Pokemon game to date - and I'm not even halfway through yet! Obvious poll choice is obvious. ;)

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    Absolutely love it, I'm at about 6 and a half hours and just hit Castelia City with a 18 caught Pokemon. Honestly I just want to go back to pinwheel, I feel like I need to play it slower so i can take in every breath taking moment!! Plus I found a shiny Pidove there so yeah. :P I'm loving the game so much right now! Great, great game!!

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I'm hooked too, although I have college today so I'll have to say goodbye for a while. :p

I'm in Mistralton City right now, Skyla is in that tower.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    It's... it's really great! Well, I think I'm loving it. It's just like what I wanted. There's a lot of new things to explore. I sure hope that the feeling lasts!

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    I'm taking it slow too. I'm trying to catch every new pokemon as I move from one zone to the next. It is so much fun catching new pokemon!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    "I can't believe I can finally read what's going on!"

After over 200 hours put into my Japanese copy of White, it was WEIRD seeing things in English. My eyes were hurting, lol. But I pushed through and put in 13 hours, got four badges, and four of my planned team members. Currently going across...that bridge about Nimbasa. Still rusty on city names. :(

Years
    I will admit, when I started playing I found it boring because the wild pokemon and first 2/3 gym leaders were so high levelled so I spent a good while grinding and this wasn't helped by the fact that the xp you get from wild pokemon at the start is so bad. The game has got a lot better though and I'm enjoying it, it has a good storyline and some of the pokemon have grown on me.
    In my opinion it's not the best pokemon game, but it's not the worst either.

Back