• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen First Impressions [ #23 ]

What was your first impression of Black and White?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
  • I have fallen in love with these games. They. Are. Amazing, in every way.
    Currently have exactly nine hours of gameplay and just got to Nimbasa City.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • I love it so much! I love the plot, the Pokémon, the challenges, the GRAPHICS - SO PRETTY - the music...

IMO, these are the best games since R/S/E. Everyone hated that Gen, but I loved it. But they can move aside. Gen V is the best. Ever.

Only thing that bugs me is Cheren. Seriously, Cheren. "Oh, Team Plasma's about? Never mind. Let's battle!" "Oh, we're in a sandstorm. I can't see a thing! Let's battle." "Huh, you beat Elesa? So did I! Aren't we awesome! Let's battle."

Cheren. Go Away. Kthnx.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 12, 2013
    I adore these games, not that I ever hated the series but I would definitely say these are the best ones yet! I love how there's substantial potential and opportunities to train and level up your team between gym badges - makes the process seem a whole lot smoother and eradicates the need for grinding which is just boring. The pokemon are so much fun, the storyline is great and incredibly immersive and the improved graphics bring so much to the game. 10/10 from me.

Years
  • Dislike

the problem is exp gain..i got less exp when my pokemon level more than wild pokemon..:(
    btw i take snivy as my starter and the nature are Jolly...lol...i dont know what good nature for snivy but im happy with the this nature..:D

the long bridge..i forgot what the bridge name but i really dislike it...too long bridge..:( and i dont have a bicycle yet...:D

Its new pokemon.......O.o and new function etc etc...

my opinion is the 4th gen is better...:D

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
    Years
  • I have to admit it, I'm definetely addicted!

Before I got White, I was a bit worried that it wouldn't live up to all the hype but IMO it definetely has :P The pokemon, graphics (except backsprites but hey-ho) and characters are all amazing!

Loving the fact that you are given more to do than just grind, gym, battle etc. and that you are always being asked to help out in situations :) So yeah, I'd say that B/W are a vast improvement over the average D/P/Pt.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    Greatly impressed, especially contrasting with pearl! I found pearl such a miserable disappointment.

With white I'm never bored, there isn't that dreaded lag, the pokemon designs are a lot better than they used to be, the music isn't so annoying as it was in pearl, the graphics and scenery is nice. And the graphics and scenery combined with the storyline make the game much more engaging and meaningful to play. One of my favourite features is being able to re-use TMs.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I love it. I've been playing Black for a mere 2 hours now, and barely beaten the first gym, but I'm loving it. It has so far, reached my expectations. But I'm hoping for it to surpass them. I've still got plenty of gameplay left, so there's nothing I can't expect. Endless adventure. <3

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    So far, I really love this game! At first, I wasn't sure if I would, and then I worried about my excitement for the release being let down once I got the game. But, nope. I've been playing almost non-stop since I got it, just put it down to rest or charge. The new pokemon still need to grow onto me some more, but they aren't as bad as I was thinking. I love the graphics and the music too, very nice! And I love the battle scenes, they're entertaining and I haven't turned them off yet like in other games. I can't wait to get further and enjoy this game even more.

Black*

SoulSilver Trainer
    Years
  • lmao first day played it for 12 hours straight and got stuck at elite four was using samurott beartic galvantula and victini all in their 40's im starting over now tho i wanna try out tepig idk y :T

D0N3GAN

Working on Pokemon White...
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2011
    Since I got my Pokedex I've been hooked into the game, more than I thought I would be. I can't seem to put my DS down, I've already logged 36Hours into it and I think It's the best generation for me by far.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    So far I find these games way better than IV gen.
    I don't have exp problems at all.
    The only thing I don't like are the Pokemon designs.
    They all look strange and stupid imo.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
  • This gen blew Sinnoh out the park, this is phenomenal. I love the scenery/seasons, the Pokemon are some of the best, storyline is on point...wow.

Years
  • Best Pokemon designs of any Generation, a REAL storyline and the best pacing of any Pokemon game... I'm a little past the 4th gym, and every other Pokemon game tends to have a few moments that drag by now. But it's still great as ever.

LouBeatYou

Go Kibago, Go!
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2012
    I love it! My only complaint is when you go into battle, your pokemon look so pixellated, it bothers me so much. Is anyone else bothered by their pokemon's battle sprites?

Last edited:

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • I like it. I could say I'm hooked, but I did expect more overall. The change in difficulty (raising levels a bit) is nice, since the previous games had pansy Pokemon battles.

The only thing that bothers me are some graphic issues and "errors", where NPCs get zombie black-hole eyes, sometimes things become pixelly and blurred, etc. I love the new additions of bridges and 3D towns.

Good game so far.

SukoSuNa

Nelson Mac Champ
    Years
  • The second I saw the Zekrom model at the title screen I was hooked.
    The story is amazing and I actually feel like part of the story.
    I'm trying to take it slow, but I'm already at Nimbasa city.
    So I'm going to spend the rest of today exploring the desert and maybe trying out the Musical.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I wasn't that into it when I got it. It was okay, but the weak Pokemon at the beginning, the generic "here's a Pokemon centre, go to first gym, battle rivels..." However, now I'm really into it and it's great. Especially because I now have a Jellicent. :3 Oh, and the lucky egg. XD

Back