• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First job experiences

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
    All you people have super awesome first jobs! I just got stuck in the kitchen at McDonald's. I lasted about a month and a half. 40 hour weeks aren't fun while in school and being your first job

Electricbluewolf

Bᴇ pıɟɟǝɹǝuʇ
    Years
    Mine wasn't that bad. It was in a retail farming shop, so it had animal items to keep me interested. My brother worked there (and still does) so that helped to break the ice

I did have a lot of fun and met some great people, I do remember karate chopping a mannequin though

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
    My first job was with the same company I'm with now, but I've moved on to bigger and better things. My first position was overnight stocking, and I was pretty nervous my first night. I expected most of my employees to be mean, strange men cause I couldn't imagine who else would wanna work overnight, but then I learned I'd be working with all sorts of beautiful, interesting people.

For my first night I got partnered with this really funny girl in a department she never worked in, so it was a learning experience for both of us. It was also the first time I used a knife that wasn't a butter knife, lol. I had a lot of fun and we're still friends years later; with my encouragement she eventually got promoted but onto a different shift than I did. :(

After that first night all of my anxieties kinda disappeared. I realized my fears of the unknown were a complete waste of time. I imagined my coworkers were gonna be mean and scary, but literally the first one to chat with me before I started was an elementary school teacher during the day and she's the sweetest lady I've ever met! I treat her like my mother. So if I was this incredibly wrong about these people I never met, what other unknowns have I been wrong about? That's what my first night was like. I wish I could have gone through school and college this stress and anxiety free.

Back