• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Pokémon game you played?

What was the first Pokemon game you played?

• Red/Blue

Votes: 220 53.5%
  • Yellow

Votes: 60 14.6%
  • Gold/silver

Votes: 54 13.1%
  • Crystal

Votes: 18 4.4%
  • Ruby/Sapphire

Votes: 29 7.1%
  • Fire Red/Leaf Green

Votes: 12 2.9%
  • Emerald

Votes: 13 3.2%
  • Diamond/Pearl

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Platinum

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pokemon - Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Pokemon - Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Darkness

• Pokemon Ranger

• Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia

• Total voters

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
    My first was Pokemon Red, on my teacher's Gameboy Color whilst we were on an overnight field trip. I was about eight or nine, and saved over her file by mistake. :3

The first Pokemon game I played on my own handheld system was Yellow- I got Yellow, Red and Blue for my birthday along with a GB Color, but yeah. I remember liking it so much, I skipped breakfast the morning after. o_O; XD

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    Mine was Emerald. Then I was an idiot and traded it for a Yellow. T.T

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
    I started on Yellow when it first came out. I was around 10 and it was about the only thing I did.

dotKarma

FCs in Sig
    Years
    Gold;

I still have it and the Gameboy Color I got for Christmas the year it came out, even though the game doesn't work anymore, sadly. But that's what R4s are for :)

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
    My first ever Pokemon game was Pokemon Blue Version shortly after it came out. I saw the commercials and I thought "That looks stupid." but after watching a little of the anime, I fell in love with it along with my best friend. I already had a GameBoy Pocket, Limited Edition Ice Blue (which I still own) along with Game & Watch Gallery and Wario Land II. I got Pokemon Blue and I adored it, it was my second RPG game, right after Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. I remember that I named my trainer "Ash" and modeled my team after his, even beating Lt. Surge with my Pikachu, although I eventually evolved it.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    My first game was Pokemon Yellow... For Christmas my Mom got me a Game Boy Color, Pokemon Yellow, and that Pikachu case for the Game Boy... I miss that case...

brinazarski

AKA Spotted or Poke'ShipperNya
    Years
    My mom's boyfriend's son had Pokemon Yellow.

...I begged for a GameBoy Color and Pokemon Yellow after that xDD I was six years old. Instead, I got a GameBoy Advance ((which I really didn't want)) and Pokemon Gold ((I couldn't tell MUCH of a difference, thoguh I wanted Yellow xDD))

I still have the GameBoy Advance and the Pokemon Gold ^^ Pokemon Gold doesn't save anymore though :(

2A4Rulez

Kurotsuchi FTW
    Years
    I started with silver when i was 4 or 5 my brother went to karate and i just played and went back to the place he was at. 1 time he beat me up for playing his games. now i play all pokemon games.i didnt play in kanto until fr lg.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    I started with the Pokemon games riiiiiiight back when Red and Blue were released in the UK. The latter (Blue) was the one I actually started with. Since then, I've continued with the main series of the games, occasionally purchasing a spin-off game. (primarily the GameCube games and the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games)

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2010
    My friend had Red, and I used to watch him play :) On the good ol' black and white Game Boy! :D Soon after, I got Red and my brother got Blue :) Incredible stuff :D

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I think my age was 10 when I first played Ruby. It was so addicting!

After that, it went to Sapphire and so on.

Deja Vu

Smug Lord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    Mine was Pokemon Blue. You couldn't imagine my confusion when I discovered the Missingno concept.

Back