• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Pokémon game you played?

What was the first Pokemon game you played?

• Red/Blue

Votes: 220 53.5%
  • Yellow

Votes: 60 14.6%
  • Gold/silver

Votes: 54 13.1%
  • Crystal

Votes: 18 4.4%
  • Ruby/Sapphire

Votes: 29 7.1%
  • Fire Red/Leaf Green

Votes: 12 2.9%
  • Emerald

Votes: 13 3.2%
  • Diamond/Pearl

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Platinum

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pokemon - Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Pokemon - Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Darkness

• Pokemon Ranger

• Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia

• Total voters

Shaterpie

Gold Caterpie > Red Gyarados
Years
  • First one I got was Red....truly the greatest game I've ever played. It was easter, it was either 1999 or 2000, and I spent 20 minutes attempting to escape the house. Eventually I got out and saw this world, I was still not sure what to do, and eventually walked into the grass. Before I know it Professor Oak is there and it all begins.

I dont think I put the game down for at least 2-3 hours, even when we were going to the pub for lunch. I still remember the day well, as it was, really, a massive part of my childhood.

I feel sorry for those of you too young to have had the chance to play Pokemon Red first time, but I'd urge those who haven't played to play it through at least once, as the game is truly legendary.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    Definitely red or blue can't remember which one was first but it was out of those two

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • I'm probably the only person here who's gonna say, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue. I liked Pokemon before that game came out, but I wasn't into video games until, like, 2005 or something.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Crystal was my first one. I played red/blue later on. To me, even till today, crystal was the best!

Heiheipig

- This is Madness? -
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2009
    Back in second grade I borrowed my friend's Red version, I loved it so much I just kept playing it! He did ask for me to return it...eventually. I gave it back in 5th grade.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • Mine was yellow version. I don't even remember how old I was or when I got it, but all I really remember is that it was yellow version.

invisible-chan

~Pocky Goddess~
    Years
  • Mine was PMD1 Red...
    Not the best game you could start with, but i would never have played it if it weren't the last Pokemon game left in a shop closing next week :P
    What do you mean, "not the best to start with?" It's the best one to start on. Meh, whatever. To each his own. Anyways, for me, it depends. I played a little on my brother's Pikachu(Yellow), but I eventually got my own, Silver.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • My first game was Pokemon Snap, but after that, I went with Blue Version. Wait, maybe I did own Blue before Snap.. I don't really remember that far back, but yeah. Either way, I remember thinking that Pidgey was pronounced 'Piggy'.. And that my cousin kept nicknaming Pidgey 'Oxen' for some reason. Yeah, good times..

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
  • My first game was Silver, with a special edition Pikachu & Pichu Gameboy Color =D

I've loved Chikorita ever since that day and Johto has always been my favourite region.

AtomicoExploda

I don't know.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2013
    My first Pokemon game was fire red version for the game boy. That was just the games but a few years before when I was really young I watched the T.V series all of the time. I sometimes do that now aswell. I never played any of the game boy colour ones.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
  • It was Blue, I'm pretty sure. I remember coming out of the store with it, and then asking my mom how to get through Mt. Moon, and then a few months later when I found out about Missing No... not much else. It was a long time ago. :/

..::Michi::..

Green Pearl Voice
    Years
  • To be honest, it was Pokemon Monopoly, and the next day, I got pokemon Crystal. ^^;
    I'm still in love with my Crystal game, even thouht it died. T_T

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
  • Ooh, the first actual Pokemon game I played was Pokemon Blue back in '99, I think. The first time I saw Pokemon in a game was when the Game Boy Camera was released, though, at the time, I didn't know what they were.

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2016
    technically it was yellow. However, I was really younge so me and my sis played it together. I really didin't get into it until I got gold...so....

Yellow actually 1st
    Gold actual 1st I played

Back