• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Pokemon Game?

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2010
    My first pokemon game was Emerald.....It will always be the best to me.After that, Leaf Green,Sapphire,Gold,Silver,Crystal,Yellow,Red,Diamond,Pearl,Platinum,and my latest......Blue!!! PS:I have abrother,so for example,Pearl was his etc.

Trollhammeran

Musician
    Years
    First game was blue. 90's kid reporting for duty!
    I ALWAYS used both venusaur and vileplume everytime. Which was the beginning of my love for poison pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2010
    Well first i played red like all the time at my mates when i was little but the first game i owned was gold =)

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    The first one I played was Red back when it was released when I was 11. The first one I owned was Blue, which I got a couple months later. :D

Medli

I am Error.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    My first Pokemon game was Silver. I got it as a Christmas present along with a Gameboy Advance, although I'm really starting to question when I got it. If it came along with the Advance, I would be about 7, but I swear I got Silver before then. But I don't remember owning a Gameboy Color...

I don't really remember much from my very first game. All I remember is getting stuck in my house for 10 minutes, nicknaming my Cyndaquil "Cindy" (even though it was probably a boy), and fainting due to Poison and panicking because I didn't know why my screen was flashing.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    First game was blue. 90's kid reporting for duty!
    I ALWAYS used both venusaur and vileplume everytime. Which was the beginning of my love for poison pokemon.

Me too. Blue version was obviously the best version ever made, ever. Except, everyone knows that Blastoise was the superior starter. ;) I always had to have Blastoise and Haunter on my team for some strange reason. Mostly because Foresight didn't exist back then. =)

zommy08

Crimson Trainer
    Years
    Emerald, then Diamond, Platinum. I have FireRed but I never play it because when I have a DS Pokémon game in the slot along with FireRed in the GBA slot, the FireRed data is lost. I plan on getting SoulSilver when out in English.

September

Chavo and Serj <3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014
    My first game ever was Red Version, and from then on have gone on to play every single game except I do not "own" Crystal version.

Red Version was awesome, after school since my parents weren't home yet, I got to stay back with the latchkey kids and before dodgeball or kickball we would all throw down the GB Pockets or Colors and play whatever version we had.

I can even remember the excitement when on the bus to school one day my buddy told me about the new games Gold and Silver coming out and I flipped out. Nostalgia...

Anyway, I loved Red/Blue, great game all the way through. I personally think GSC was the best, but if I ever need to speed through a game I'll go Red cause I know it like the back of my hand.

fierothehedgehog

Nicholas Flare
    Years
    My first pokemon game was Emerald.....It will always be the best to me.After that, Leaf Green,Sapphire,Gold,Silver,Crystal,Yellow,Red,Diamond,Pearl,Platinum,and my latest......Blue!!! PS:I have abrother,so for example,Pearl was his etc.
    my first was sapphire. that is what made me obsessed with pokemon. i choose the girl and named her SEXY XD. i haven't changed it since. then i got firered, then i went to gamestop and got silver, blue & yellow, all used, and when i played silver it had the gold ROM instead XD. then i got pokemon colosseum, then XD, then i rented channel, then i got mystery dungeon blue, then ranger, then diamond but i lost it, then i got rumble(wiiware demo), and now i preordered soul silver... CAN'T WAIT!

Last edited:

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Mine was gold, but I didnt get past the batteling trainers on route 30 until I finished my 2nd game pokemon sapphire :]

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
    Humm.. my timeline of pokemon games

FireRed/Ruby/Emerald no 1 - FireRed/Ruby/Emerald no 1 - FireRed/Ruby/Emerald no 1 - Sapphire - Emerald no 1 got stolen, bought Emerald no 2 - Diamond on a ROM, not sure if that counts - Platinum.

All were on cartridges except Diamond. I've lost all of them except Emerald and Platinum now though. *sadface*

Oh well, i'm happy with those two games. They are my second and third favorite games, after all..

1. SoulSilver (looks amazing)
    2. Emerald (is amazing, has always been amazing)
    3. Platinum (is also amazing, but crappier battle frontier)

so yeah, one of those was my first pokemon game. I'm leaning towards Emerald, but it might be FireRed too.. damn, why can't I remember? :X

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
    My old Yellow version :'( I miss you so...
    I must have been five or six years old when I got it for Christmas along with a GameBoy Color and a Link Cable bundled together. If I had a nickel for every time I've spent an entire rainy day searching my house trying to find that old, lost treasure...

After that, if my memory serves me, it went Gold, Crystal, Ruby, Emerald, Colosseum, and then Diamond, with an inherited Red version thrown in there somewhere.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    My first pokemon game was yellow. I remember playing for a couple of hours and quitting because I didnt know what to do.

SonicThrust

Ice Cream <3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2013
    My first game was Blue version back when it came out. I also got my first hand held system then as well...my gameboy pocket was so sexy.

_Prince_

Pikachu?
    Years
    POKEMON YELLOW!!! PLaying countless hours, I still remember all those sweet times, Call me sad, I've restarted the game like over 200 times was a lil kid, redone the story line again and again, so fun, yeah good old days. Pikachu's sound effects are still in my head lol *pika pika* *piiiikachuuu* =/

Back