• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Pokemon Game

Years
    While the first version that I played was Yellow, I didn't actually get my own game until Pokemon Gold came around. I was into the anime and the TCG much sooner than I was the video games, so I don't feel like I missed out too much by not owning one of the first gen games. That, and the external battery still works on my Gold, so it's even more special to me knowing that most people's batteries died years ago.

ben96atkinson

Pokémon Spiral
    Years
    When I was 9 - my mum and dad got me Pokémon FireRed and a black Gameboy Advanced, for my ninth birthday actually! I told my mum I'd still be playing noatter how old I am - she didn't believe me, but here I am 9 years later!

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    I was 15 yo.Pokemon red. someones elses copy. Got horribly lost in mt moon.
    Back from holiday i bought blue and it took me to 101 h before i got out of silph co. lol the days .(we had a gameboy which we got as a present from our aunt bundled with tetris for christmas in 1990)

(On a side note they already had link cables back then. it is surprising they came up with the usb cable so much later)

played silver in a symbols mixed English rom on emulator and bought it first day when it came out in europe. 5 april 2001. my mm wasnt amused. as it was her bday a day later.

i bought a downpriced gbc(25 € in tdays curr, 50 dm back then) so i could play crystal.
    played sapphire on emu in jumblenglishpanese. bought a severely scratched gba on ebay to play it on gba sapphire copy.
    had a firered copy from ebay which was fake. sigh. played once through and didnt save anymore at a later restart.
    my pc coukldnt handle nds emus so at some point i got a white nds and a diamond.
    next was black, white 2 , x and now sapphire on a new nintendo 3ds. in the meantime i have always sold and resold my previous games and systems to buy a new one.

Last edited:

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    My first game was Red. I got into the games when I watched a friend of mine (we were only 9 at the time) played Pokemon Blue, so I ended up playing a little bit of his game, and that's what got me interested.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Me and my brothers 'shared' a copy of Yellow because our parents didn't understand that it's not a sharing game. We all had our own Gameboys.

My first solo game was Silver.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    It was started with Pokémon Yellow and several other Gameboy-era Pokémon games that one of my cousins got, but I didn't get myself playing Pokémon fully until I played Sapphire on an emulator.

Karajan

It was either Blue or Red for me. I can't remember which one. But I remember that I loved playing the game a lot c: its been about 14 or 15 years since then c:

The ???

The one true question mark
    Years
    My first one was Red version.. (very faint memories), used to play it with my older brother! But since I don't remember it at all I'll share about next one..

And then I played Sapphire! :) It was awesome for me because I knew nothing about Hoenn region and its pokemons, so everything was THAT exciting :)
    I remember having my Blaziken always loosing to Drake's salamence, but when he grew level 59, I used to kick asses with SKY WAITFORIT UPPERCUT!! :P lol.. nostalgia!

Back