• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen first pokemond adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I got a Yellow version and a GameBoy Color by Saving up money for a half-year. I even remember my Team:

Pikachu Lv.100
    Thunder
    Body Slam
    Mega Kick
    Thunderbolt

Butterfree Lv.56
    Psybeam
    Tackle
    Mega Drain
    Razor Wind

Haunter Lv.57
    Hypnosis
    Dream Eater
    Night Shade
    Confuse Ray

Articuno Lv.100
    Blizzard
    Fly
    Mist
    Ice Beam

Omanyte Lv.91
    Horn Attack*
    Spike Cannon*
    Surf
    Hydro Pump

Dugtrio Lv.53
    Fissure
    Earthquake
    Dig
    Cut

*Omanyte could learn both of those moves via Level-Up like Omastar in RGBY, Oddly.

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
    Years
    let's see my first adventure was red I enjoyed it for awhile until one point. I was at victory road and I didnt want to battle this wane fighter dude. i ended up chucking my gb at the wall cause i encountered him. My poor old gameboy never worked again.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    My first experience with Pokemon came when my younger brother received Red version for his birthday the year it came out (he was turning 9 so I must've been 11...). Our dad and I helped him through the first half of the game until he figured everything out and played the rest on is own. My first Pokemon experience of my own came two months later when I received the blue version for Christmas. I know I chose Squirtle as my starter, but I can't remember what other pokemon I used. I do remember that I was making it through Victory Road and beating the E4 by the time New Years came around. :P

Years
    My first adventure was in Johto. I took a dark typhlosion pokemon card to school, and my friend thought it was so rare and so amazing (it came in a dark/light starter deck) so I traded him the card for pokemon silver. I tried it out, didn't know what to do because some lady kept me from going out and adventuring. I figured out you had to go into the pokemon lab, and picked cyndaquil and my journey started. I was so proud when I got my first dratini, and lost it that same day. I almost cried when I got home, then got another silver that month, and for christmas I got gold, crystal, and yellow. I loved yellow and silver, they were my favorites. My mom played yellow for a year, she got tons of 100s and 198 hours played.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2015
    I chose a Squirtle in Blue, and still believe my game glitched and allowed me to catch the Ghost Marowak, which then turned into my first, out of two, legit level one hundreds... then I erased the game 'cuz I wanted a Bulbasaur :p

Silly 3/4 year olds.

Last edited:

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    i think i had had just turned 9 when i first played pokemon red, i think my starter was charmander, i remember catching my first pokemon which i think was a kakuna, i was like "i caught a pokemon", then i probably discovered that kakuna wasn't very useful as it didnt have any attacking moves, i played it until one day i put it down somewhere (on a shelf i think) and couldn't find it, i had just bought a link cable too (i think my brother had pokemon blue), i got yellow when it came out and played that (i have pokemon red now which i bought off ebay a few months back)

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2009
    well, when i was younger i had to play Silver because my bro always played ruby, but Silver soon became my fav pokemon game out of every single one!

Demigod

umop ap!sdn
    Years
    Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55% of plepoe can.I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! fi yuo cna raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre

that's cool :) i could read it without problem.

.hack

skunkape
    Years
    My first experience with pokemon was pokemon Red, (I got it for Christmas) I played it a little and wasn't too bothered, my brother (who for the same christmas recieved Blue) never actually played the game and he gave it to me, at this point I traded the Wartortle he had to my Red and started playing properly all I remember was having Venasaur, Blastoise and good ole Alakazam. That was my first proper team, but now I really liked pokemon and for a challenge played Blue with no starters, I remember having Gengar,Victreebell and Gyarados as my main pokemon it was brilliant, but then the game that changed everything, for my birthday (The year it came out) I got Pokemon Silver ZOMG AWESOME GRPAHIC (Well, compared to red anyway) I remember having Typlhosion,Ampharos,Gyarados,Lugia and Entei as my main team, no I really loved pokemon and spent all the money I had saved on buying Yellow,Gold and Crystal. And they where my first adventures with pokemon.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    I've loved pokemon since it started
    but my first game was Pokemon Silver, I think i was in fourth grade then? :3 I named the male Ash because thats who I thought he was xD
    then I went ahead and named the rival '???' LMFAO

I loved that game ;u; I never did beat Red though

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2009
    Lol i become angry because pokemon were black squares!!! Damed game

TheReal

Epic Member
    Years
    I started with the pokemon red in the christmas day (it was my present). My first pokemon was a charmander and the first pokemon I caught was a diglet (only in vermilion I understood how to catch pokemons), but I've bought the magikarp after pewter. I was six or seven, I don't remeber, but in that age I really didn't understand anything in english and I learn my first words in that game. Then, one month later, on 25th jan, it's the first time I beat the elite four (I remember because I was on a trip with my parents and I beat it while I was waiting to go ski) and in june of the same year I've already got all the 150 pokemons, the first in my city! This was 10 or 11 years ago..

Chrono

\:D/
    Years
    My first pokemon game was Yellow version :P And I thought it was awesome how you could get all 3 starters.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    Oh wow. I was, like, 6 years old (i'm almost 16 right now). In my country, Pokemon replaced Smurfs on TV, and I really liked smurfs, so I hated it. Then I got addicted to Pokemon after I watched it in my kindergarten. One day my 14 years old brother brought a Pokemon game for the computer, and an emulator that could only run it on 100% speed...that was Pokemon Red, and some emulator with a red icon...err...REW!
    Anyways, I couldn't understand English back then, so my brothers and sisters sat with me turns/periods or whatever, helping me. I was in Viridian, having a Charmeleon, a Pidgeotto lv18 and an almost evolved Rattata cause we quite got stuck there lol.
    Anyways, a few days later I wanted to restart for some reason, so I deleted the save and all my brothers got mad at me lol. Then I thought I should restart on my own cause I quite understand it. After a while I got to the league, on my 2nd or 3rd play I found out Missingno and it was hella easier...

P.S, my first time trying Gold was even more hilarious.

xXI JOE IXx

Pokemon blue, I borrowed it off my grandad! Yeah he plays pokemon lol

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    I can barely remember my first experience with the games. The first one I had was Yellow version. I was about five and I could barely read. I didn't really understand the game much, but eventually I got to the Pokémon League. Since I didn't understand the PC system, and I deposited my Pikachu and thought I released it. I got sad, so I caught a Dugtrio and trained it to Lv. 80. I got up to Gary once, but I couldn't beat him. Only later did I realize that I still had my Pikachu and that I didn't release it after all.

Overall, I had a lot of fun. :)

Riggzyd

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2013
    Think it was red than yellow then emerald Ruby and PLATINUM!

The only game i still have is pokemon ruby

LightSlei

ExtremelyHyperNerdTestGam erGuy
    Years
    My first was red. I started with Charmander, and I've always used the fire starter, never had a problem. Now I can't play Red without my eyes becoming sort of bloodshot from the lack of color.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back