• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First RMT ever! OU-Tier

Years
    This is the first time I'm posting on this forum and the first RMT I ever posted!

This is my 3th Team I "made".

First Team gave me a lot of wins online, second Team a lot less, that's why I made this new Team.
    Please be as critical as you can be, but give me right information.

MY OU TEAM

I first posted my Team and waited for comments.
    New I've changed my Team.
    First you see my edited Team, down below is how it first was.

First RMT ever! OU-Tier

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash - Entry Hazard Lead

Jolly Nature / Thick Fat Ability

EV's: 252Atk / 4Def / 252 Speed

Moves: Stealth Rock / Ice Shard / Earthquake / Knock Off

I love using Entry Hazards like Stealth Rock. Since the 4th Gen I've always had a Lead with SR.
    So when I started searching which Pokémon is a good Lead AND can use 1 or multiple Entry Hazards, I found this guy! Thick Fat Ability because Fire and Ice-type moves deal 50% damage, so 1 Type that's Super Effective less! Focus Sash just to be sure I can lay SR's. EQ=STAB. Knock Off is very handy especially against Rocky Helmet and Focus Sash holding Leads. Ice Shard = STAB+Priority!

Immune for Electric Moves; Synergy with Gyarados

Resists Poison; Synergy with Azumarill

First RMT ever! OU-Tier

Metagross @ Metagrossite - Revenge Killer

Adamant Nature / Tough Claws Ability

EV's: 68HP / 252Atk / 188 Speed

Moves: Thunder Punch / Zen Headbutt / Bullet Punch / Ice Punch

Wanted to try out a new Mega-Pokémon and I love to use Revenge Killers! Thunder Punch to get down Tanky Water-Types. Bullet Punch=STAB+Priority. Zen Headbutt=STAB. Ice Punch to be sure to knock down Gliscor – Garchomp - Landorus-T.

Resists Steel and Grass Moves; Synergy with Mamoswine

Resists Ice and Dragon Moves; Synergy with Latias

Resists Rock Moves; Synergy with Gyarados

Resists Grass and Immune for Poison; Synergy with Azumarill

Resists Steel; Synergy with Sylveon

First RMT ever! OU-Tier

Sylveon @ Leftovers - Cleric

Calm Nature / Pixilate Ability

EV's: 252HP / 4 Def / 252 Sp Def

Moves: Hyper Voice / Toxic / Protect / Wish

Sylveon. At first I didn't really like the whole Fairy-Type concept, until I used this little guy in my previous Team. Just gotta love it! Hyper Voice+Pixilate=Killer! Wish+Protect helps him to be sure he can Heal.

Great Dragon-counter, can take more then a few hits, and is also to take Pokémon down.

Resists Bug and Dark and is Immune for Dragon; Synergy with Latias

Resists Dark; Synergy with Metagross

First RMT ever! OU-Tier

Azumarill @ Assault Vest - Pivot + Hole-Puncher

Adamant Nature / Huge Power Ability

EV's: 240HP / 252Atk / 16 Sp Def

Moves: Play Rough / Aqua Jet / Waterfall / Superpower

Assault Vest Boosts Special Defense which gives him more chance to survive Special Electric-Grass-Steel-Poison moves. Play Rough=STAB. Waterfall=STAB. Aqua Jet=STAB+Priority. Huge Power? ATTACK DOUBLED, which gives him, in combo with Adamant Nature, 31 Atk IV's and 252 Atk EV's more Attack then Mega Sharpedo – Mega Metagross – and even Mega Salamence!

Resists Ice Moves; Synergy with Latias

Resists Fire; Synergy with Metagross

First RMT ever! OU-Tier

Latios @ Life Orb - Special Sweeper

Timid Nature / Levitate Ability

EV's: 252 SP Atk / 4 Sp Def / 252 Speed

Moves: Draco Meteor / Defog / Recover / Psyshock

Not slow at all + great Special Defense + good Defense. Again: is able to survive a few attacks and is even more able to beat a few Pokémon! Life Orb for just that bit extra power. Draco Meteor=STAB. Defog for removes Entry Hazards. Recover to Heal when needed so it can survive even a tad longer, without the side effect Roost has.. Psyshock=STAB + Damage depends on opponents Def, not Sp Def.
    Resists Fighting, Grass, Fire and Water; Synergy with Mamoswine

Resists Fire and is Immune for Ground; Synergy with Metagross.

Resists Grass and Electric; Synergy with Azumarill

Resists Electric; Synergy with Gyarados

First RMT ever! OU-Tier

Gyarados @ Lum Berry - Bulky Offensive

Adamant Nature / Intimidate Ability

EV's: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Speed

Moves: Dragon Dance / Earthquake / Waterfall / Ice Fang

A LOT of Atk and Sp Def. Also not less Def. So: Can take a hit and can give a few more! DD; when possible make it even stronger and faster! EQ: to hit Electric-Type, which are Super Effective against him. Waterfall=STAB.

Resists Fighting, Steel, Fire and Water; Synergy with Mamoswine

Resists Fire and is Immune for Ground; Synergy with Metagross

Resists Bug; Synergy with Latias

Team without changes

First RMT ever! OU-Tier

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash - Entry Hazard Lead

Jolly Nature / Thick Fat Ability

EV's: 252Atk / 4Def / 252 Speed

Moves: Stealth Rock / Ice Shard / Earthquake / Knock Off

I love using Entry Hazards like Stealth Rock. Since the 4th Gen I've always had a Lead with SR.
    So when I started searching which Pokémon is a good Lead AND can use 1 or multiple Entry Hazards, I found this guy! Thick Fat Ability because Fire and Ice-type moves deal 50% damage, so 1 Type that's Super Effective less! Focus Sash just to be sure I can lay SR's. EQ=STAB. Knock Off is very handy especially against Rocky Helmet and Focus Sash holding Leads. Ice Shard = STAB+Priority!

Immune for Electric Moves; Synergy with Gyarados

Resists Poison; Synergy with Azumarill

First RMT ever! OU-Tier

Sylveon @ Leftovers - Cleric

Bold Nature / Pixilate Ability

EV's: 252HP / 220 Def / 36 Sp Def

Moves: Hyper Voice / Toxic / Protect / Wish

Sylveon. At first I didn't really like the whole Fairy-Type concept, until I used this little guy in my previous Team. Just gotta love it! Hyper Voice+Pixilate=Killer! Wish+Protect helps him to be sure he can Heal.

Great Dragon-counter, can take more then a few hits, and is also to take Pokémon down.

Resists Bug and Dark and is Immune for Dragon; Synergy with Latias

Resists Dark; Synergy with Metagross

First RMT ever! OU-Tier

Metagross @ Metagrossite - Revenge Killer

Adamant Nature / Tough Claws Ability

EV's: 68HP / 252Atk / 188 Speed

Moves: Meteor Mash / Zen Headbutt / Bullet Punch / Ice Punch

Wanted to try out a new Mega-Pokémon and I love to use Revenge Killers! Meteor Mash=STAB. Bullet Punch=STAB+Priority. Zen Headbutt=STAB. Ice Punch to be sure to knock down Gliscor – Garchomp - Landorus-T.

Resists Steel and Grass Moves; Synergy with Mamoswine

Resists Ice and Dragon Moves; Synergy with Latias

Resists Rock Moves; Synergy with Gyarados

Resists Grass and Immune for Poison; Synergy with Azumarill

First RMT ever! OU-Tier

Azumarill @ Assault Vest - Pivot + Hole-Puncher

Adamant Nature / Huge Power Ability

EV's: 240HP / 252Atk / 16 Sp Def

Moves: Play Rough / Aqua Jet / Waterfall / Superpower

Assault Vest Boosts Special Defense which gives him more chance to survive Special Electric-Grass-Steel-Poison moves. Play Rough=STAB. Waterfall=STAB. Aqua Jet=STAB+Priority. Huge Power? ATTACK DOUBLED, which gives him, in combo with Adamant Nature, 31 Atk IV's and 252 Atk EV's more Attack then Mega Sharpedo – Mega Metagross – and even Mega Salamence!

Resists Ice Moves; Synergy with Latias

Resists Fire; Synergy with Metagross

First RMT ever! OU-Tier

Gyarados @ Wacan Berry - Bulky Offensive

Adamant Nature / Intimidate Ability

EV's: 88HP / 192Atk / 4Def / 224 Sp Def

Moves: Dragon Dance / Earthquake / Waterfall / Ice Fang

A LOT of Atk and Sp Def. Also not less Def. So: Can take a hit and can give a few more! DD; when possible make it even stronger and faster! EQ: to hit Electric-Type, which are Super Effective against him. Waterfall=STAB.

Resists Fighting, Steel, Fire and Water; Synergy with Mamoswine

Resists Fire and is Immune for Ground; Synergy with Metagross

Resists Bug; Synergy with Latias

First RMT ever! OU-Tier

Latias @ Life Orb - Special Sweeper

Timid Nature / Levitate Ability

EV's: 76HP / 252 SP Atk / 180 Speed

Moves: Dragon Pulse / Energy Ball / Roost / Psychic

Not slow at all + great Special Defense + good Defense. Again: is able to survive a few attacks and is even more able to beat a few Pokémon! Life Orb for just that bit extra power. Dragon Pulse=STAB. Energy Ball for beating those Metagross-hating Ground Types and for protecting itself and Gyarados against Rock-Type Moves. Roost to Heal when needed so it can survive even a tad longer. Psychic=STAB.
    Resists Fighting, Grass, Fire and Water; Synergy with Mamoswine

Resists Fire and is Immune for Ground; Synergy with Metagross.

Resists Grass and Electric; Synergy with Azumarill

Resists Electric; Synergy with Gyarados

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Mega Metagross needs Earthquake or Hammer Arm over Bullet Punch or Ice Punch. Without either of them, it's walled badly by Steel Pokemon, especially Heatran. Its pre-Mega ability should be Clear Body to prevent Intimidate from weakening its Attack before it Mega Evolves.

If this is a Showdown team, consider making Latias the Defogger of the team in order to clear hazards from your field:
    -Draco Meteor
    -Psyshock/Hidden Power (Fire)
    -Defog
    -Healing Wish/Roost
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 72 HP/184 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb

Other than that, Latios outclasses Latias in offensive roles because of the former's offensively-inclined stats. Energy Ball doesn't serve the Latis well because other than hitting the uncommon Mega Swampert and Gastrodon, it's useless; also, a neutral STAB Draco Meteor happens to outdamage Energy Ball vs. things like Hippowdon. Psyshock is preferred over Psychic in order to deal more damage to special walls:
    -Draco Meteor
    -Psyshock
    -Hidden Power (Fire)/Earthquake/Surf
    -Roost/Defog
    Nature: Timid/Hasty
    EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe

or
    -Calm Mind
    -Draco Meteor
    -Psyshock
    -Roost
    EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe

(note: while it seems weird to have Draco Meteor on a Calm Mind set, Latios needs the extra power Draco Meteor provides makes Calm Mind Latios difficult to wall)

or
    -Draco Meteor
    -Psyshock
    -Hidden Power (Fire)/Surf/Defog
    -Trick
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Choice Scarf

Non-Mega Gyarados is better off using Substitute/Taunt + Dragon Dance, as it consistently has Intimidate to make setting up easier:
    -Substitute/Taunt
    -Dragon Dance
    -Waterfall
    -Bounce
    Nature: Adamant/Jolly
    EVs: 88 HP/220 Atk/4 Def/196 Spe
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Intimidate

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
    Haha - I love the pictures you used for your pokemon, that's so cool. Your Azumarill looks grumpy. It's almost like you have an A-Team of pokemon, each with its own personality. Latias clearly has a crush on Sylveon, who's too tough and serious to be open to a relationship. But Azumarill who clearly sees what's going on crosses his arms in frustration at Sylveon's stubborn attitude. Mamoswine tries to look tough to impress Latias; but goes unnoticed due to Gyardos hogging that image on the team to himself. Mega Metagross is just there, probably gets kicked off by season 2.

Anywho

With that gyarados set / role, I've had pretty good luck with Lum Berry over Wacan Berry. It seems like a better idea to count on it being afflicted with a status via thunder wave or will o wisp than it is to need to take a Tbolt. Because really - I don't think most of the wild charging things are going to not kill it anywho; and yes - intimidate, but are you really going to throw gyarados in on a physical electric attacker?

And on Latias, I think you might have better luck (could be wrong) going with another coverage move besides energy ball, (or I believe another popular choice in these circles for singles OU is defog on latias, to get rid of those rocks) unless there's something specific your team struggles with that has a grass weakness. Like Mega Swampert. Does this team struggle with Mega Swampert? I would think Gyarados was actually an okay answer to that.

But yeh; also it says your OU team - so I'm assuming singles and showdown. Is that accurate? Also lemme know about those questions / suggestions. ^^

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
    I would agree with what's already been said on a couple points. As PD has said, Latios tends to fend better than Latias in the fully offensive world as its base stats and move pool lend themselves to that strategy. You may want to consider running a more bulky set on your Latias and swapping out some of the coverage moves for a more supportive approach. Defog, Protect, and Healing Wish would all be good choices. Then you can choose a STAB and optional coverage move based on what is working for you. I find that Thunderbolt and Ice Beam are both good choices with drawbacks. Thunderbolt will hit Steel and Fairy types for neutral damage, and Ice Beam will pick up critical KO's on things that are 4X weak to it. But you already have a few answers to those mons so Thunderbolt is probably the more solid choice.

Also, what are your EV spreads benchmarked against on Latias and Gyarados? Can you supply us with any calculations you ran? Or did you just pick the EV spread at random? I'm all for inventive spreads, but they should address specific threats to your team.

I can see rock and steel type moves doing a number on the majority of your team barring Metagross.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I would agree with what's already been said on a couple points. As PD has said, Latios tends to fend better than Latias in the fully offensive world as its base stats and move pool lend themselves to that strategy. You may want to consider running a more bulky set on your Latias and swapping out some of the coverage moves for a more supportive approach. Defog, Protect, and Healing Wish would all be good choices. Then you can choose a STAB and optional coverage move based on what is working for you. I find that Thunderbolt and Ice Beam are both good choices with drawbacks. Thunderbolt will hit Steel and Fairy types for neutral damage, and Ice Beam will pick up critical KO's on things that are 4X weak to it. But you already have a few answers to those mons so Thunderbolt is probably the more solid choice.

Also, what are your EV spreads benchmarked against on Latias and Gyarados? Can you supply us with any calculations you ran? Or did you just pick the EV spread at random? I'm all for inventive spreads, but they should address specific threats to your team.

I can see rock and steel type moves doing a number on the majority of your team barring Metagross.
    Just saying, Ice Beam serves little use on non-Black Kyurem dragons like the Latis; a Draco Meteor already chunks Landorus and Gliscor hard enough already. If you need a special coverage move, Surf allows the Latis to hit Heatran and Mega Diancie (as well as other Steel Pokemon neutrally; Earthquake also makes Latios a good Heatran lure). A neutral Psyshock also does more to non-Mega Gardevoir Fairies than Thunderbolt would.

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
    Just saying, Ice Beam serves little use on non-Black Kyurem dragons like the Latis; a Draco Meteor already chunks Landorus and Gliscor hard enough already. If you need a special coverage move, Surf allows the Latis to hit Heatran and Mega Diancie (as well as other Steel Pokemon neutrally; Earthquake also makes Latios a good Heatran lure). A neutral Psyshock also does more to non-Mega Gardevoir Fairies than Thunderbolt would.

Alright, good point, good point. Hat's off to you.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
    Thank you :D

Anyone else with their opinion? :)

Yes; your avatar is horrifying

lolbutreally

I'd do something about a ghost attack switch in. You've got two weaknesses to it, and no resists - in the case of gengar, your best switch in would be, sylveon azumarill or gyarados - and you know gengar has sludge bomb for fairies, and can mess with gyara depending on which set.

Years
    Yes; your avatar is horrifying

lolbutreally

I'd do something about a ghost attack switch in. You've got two weaknesses to it, and no resists - in the case of gengar, your best switch in would be, sylveon azumarill or gyarados - and you know gengar has sludge bomb for fairies, and can mess with gyara depending on which set.

Well, I've changed my Team already a bit, will edit first post so you can give your oppinion to them :)

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
    Surf has a better coverage than Energy Ball for Latias. It also still hits Ground-Types super effectively. In most cases you'd like Draco Meteor over Dragon Pulse. Draco Meteor will connect some crucial KOs. And, Psyshock is generally preferred over Psychic as it lets you hit Specially Defensive Pokémon harder.

srinator

mega metagross like meteor mash more than thunderpunch, its not going to take down shit like mega slowbro anyway. also i think specs sylveon would be a much better fit here since it allows you to be more offensive and do give it baton pass if ur using it so u can switch into something during key moments. team looks like bulky ho or just bulky offensive you shouldn't give up momentum. You are also pretty bisharp weak so you should look into that, i will try to give a more detailed review when i am more free, but yeah. dont give up offensive momentum, also look into offensive synergy, i.e mons that allow each other to sweep or break down stuff, rn ur synergy is just taking hits one mon cant.

Last edited:
    Years
    Meteor Mash over T-Punch is indeed not a bad idea! ^^ Thanks!
    And for Sylveon, you mean something like this then?
    Sylveon @ Choice Specs

Modest or Bold Nature ? / Pixilate Ability

EV's like this?: 252HP / 252 Def / 4 Sp Atk
    Moves: Hyper Voice / Baton Pass / Wish / Calm mind or HP Ground or HP Fire or Psyshock?

but I don't get why Baton Pass, 'cause @ Choice Specs if I have already used a move I can't use any others untill I switch..
    And I really appreciate your commen and your ideas, but isn't the Choice Specs a disadvantage? :o

And what should I change to be less weak against Bisharp? Just changing some moves won't be enough I guesse? But which Pokémon should I switch with which Pokémon? :o

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Meteor Mash over T-Punch is indeed not a bad idea! ^^ Thanks!
    And for Sylveon, you mean something like this then?
    Sylveon @ Choice Specs

Modest or Bold Nature ? / Pixilate Ability

EV's like this?: 252HP / 252 Def / 4 Sp Atk
    Moves: Hyper Voice / Baton Pass / Wish / Calm mind or HP Ground or HP Fire or Psyshock?

but I don't get why Baton Pass, 'cause @ Choice Specs if I have already used a move I can't use any others untill I switch..
    And I really appreciate your commen and your ideas, but isn't the Choice Specs a disadvantage? :o

And what should I change to be less weak against Bisharp? Just changing some moves won't be enough I guesse? But which Pokémon should I switch with which Pokémon? :o
    If Specs Sylveon hasn't used Baton Pass yet, it can tank a hit, then Baton Pass away to a teammate; this is a safe way to get a frail Pokemon into battle. Normal switching has higher priority, meaning that the new Pokemon will have to take a hit.

For Choice Specs, you always use offensive spreads and 3-4 offensive moves on the holder to make the most out of the Special Attack boost. The goal of Choice Pokemon is to get in, hit things hard with a predicted move, then get out. As Choiced Pokemon can only use one move while they're in battle, switching out removes that issue. Your suggested Sylveon doesn't exactly follow that, as it's more of a support-oriented set. Support sets should use Leftovers as the item Here's how Specs Sylveon should be run:
    -Hyper Voice
    -Psyshock
    -Shadow Ball/Hidden Power (Ground/Fire)
    -Baton Pass
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 244 HP/252 SAtk/12 Spe
    Item: Choice Specs
    Ability: Pixilate

Here are viable defensive/support Sylveon sets:
    -Wish
    -Protect
    -Hyper Voice
    -Heal Bell/Toxic
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 HP/220 Def/36 SDef

or
    -Calm Mind
    -Hyper Voice
    -Substitute/Wish
    -Baton Pass
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 HP/240 Def/16 Spe

Edit: as Azumarill and Gyarados are strong physically-based Water Pokemon, I'd recommend replacing one of them (leaning towards Gyarados) with bulky Talonflame, as it can cripple Bisharp with Will-o-Wisp. Even though Bisharp resists Brave Bird and Acrobatics, Talonflame's Gale Wings will let them out-prioritize Sucker Punch and make it fail. Itemless variants of Talonflame will also take reduced damage from Knock Off:
    -Swords Dance
    -Brave Bird/Acrobatics
    -Will-o-Wisp/Taunt
    -Roost
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spe
    Item: Leftovers/none
    Ability: Gale Wings

or
    -Brave Bird/Acrobatics
    -Bulk Up/Taunt
    -Will-o-Wisp/Taunt