• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Snow! *parties* XD

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
  • like DT, I don't get much snow here at all...heck, last time I've seen snow was when I was on vacation in St. Louis when I was 7. I'd like to visit the snow-capped mountains of the Rockies someday...

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Texas got 8 inches? Whaaa?! O_o That's not fair! I live in Texas but I haven't seen any this year... Though, it's beginning to get really cold here so I wouldn't be surprised if it snowed sometime soon. Thankfully where I live it usually does, but I haven't seen 8 inches of it yet! I hope we get that much this year -- Snow's so fun to play in!

Zapchu

Da' Evolution Chu
    Years
  • Well all you guys are lucky, I don't think San Francisco will be getting any snow anytime soon. :D We get hail occasionally though...

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    0.o? You never want to see hail, it's just...ugh. Snow on the othe hand is so cool, it's really nice...I've only ever seen it twice in my lifetime....and I was to young to remember it though...so I HOPE to see it this year! ^ ^

Zapchu

Da' Evolution Chu
    Years
  • I see snow once a year because I go snowboarding around Christmas time. ^_^; But...it is a long 5 hour drive to get to snow in the Sierra Nevadas and I only get ot see it for a couple days. But I guess if you see snow everyday and have to shovel it off your driveway...you'll get tired of it.

Er...hail is not that great...sometimes it hits you and it hurts.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Ya, I've been hit by hail a good number of times. Ouch! That stuff really hurts it ever happens to hit you in the face, still I've heard of people getting killed from it so I guess I'm lucky. I just really hope I can see snow this year is all...

Zapchu

Da' Evolution Chu
    Years
  • blue said:
    Ya, I've been hit by hail a good number of times. Ouch! That stuff really hurts it ever happens to hit you in the face, still I've heard of people getting killed from it so I guess I'm lucky. I just really hope I can see snow this year is all...

...killed?! o_O; Zappy will always wear a helmet now during hail season!!

Actually it only hails twice a year...still isn't much, but that's the closest I'm going to get to snow in my city without driving out 5 hours.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Zapchu said:
    ...killed?! o_O; Zappy will always wear a helmet now during hail season!!

Actually it only hails twice a year...still isn't much, but that's the closest I'm going to get to snow in my city without driving out 5 hours.
    Ya, you know like with the huge tennis sized hail, those have killed people before....and it kinda makes a mess with cars ><

Years
  • here in Belgium only the highest part of the country had a little bit of snow. It was gone after 1 day and it was 2cm (1inch??) or something like that. (the highest part is about 600m above sealevel...)

Deadeye Betty

Just a nomadic flicker...
    Years
  • tmbjr said:
    like DT, I don't get much snow here at all...heck, last time I've seen snow was when I was on vacation in St. Louis when I was 7. I'd like to visit the snow-capped mountains of the Rockies someday...

Not much snow yet in Canada...I drove through a blizzard a couple weeks ago, but then it just kind'a melted away...*sobs* I love the snow!

The rocky mountains are beautiful, I traveled to British Columbia to hike them and camp out. It was a 7 day drive from where I'm from, and it was worth it!

I've tented in the middle of February on the Bruce Peninsula with my dad and a friend, it's just a little tip of land up North...(sounds worse than it really is! I could only handle the cold for 4 days, then packed up and went home to a nice toasty house!)

Here are some pics! (Ohh...it was so long ago, I think I was 13 or 14!)
    Oh my god...look at that hideous jacket...*tries to erase mistakes of the past* ...it's not working! Awww...but I'm with my black lab Titan! Awww...he's just a black mass in this picture...
    First Snow! *parties* XD

This is overlooking the bay...it was very cold! All the water below us was made of ice, all these huge chunks of it, and the wind was pretty strong on the cliffs...
    First Snow! *parties* XD

This is a lake we crossed on foot (you can see our footprints!)
    First Snow! *parties* XD

Anyway...winter is awsome! I can't wait for more snow! *heart*

Flannery

~Shippings Lover~
    Years
  • blue said:
    0.o? You never want to see hail, it's just...ugh. Snow on the othe hand is so cool, it's really nice...I've only ever seen it twice in my lifetime....and I was to young to remember it though...so I HOPE to see it this year! ^ ^
    I would love to see a snow with you^^ Would you like to play with me?
    I really like snowballs LOL

Snow is really great. I like white fields and gardens. Also, snow makes me calm. I would love to see a snow in this year.

Years
  • No snow here yet, thank God. I dislike the Winter enough without having to have my shoes freeze whilst wading through the white blanket of death.

Back