• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: Five things you might have missed in Generation 1

Five things you might have missed in Generation 1

Five things you might have missed in Generation 1

In the spotlight today are some localization mistakes, small oversights and a few neat mechanics.

Magitronique

I SWALLOW SLUDGE TO TRANSFORM MYSELF
Years
Looks like it's Trivia Time™ once again, folks! After tackling the second and third generations, I think we can all agree it's well past time to take a look at the first, right?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
i knew the eeveelution thing in yellow since it's p key in strategizing for the game esp if you're running a challenge. that's really funny about the pokemart though. never noticed that and man now i need to have a talk w that guy for lying to me...

_pheebee

[I]Gosh! What's poppin'?[/i]
Years
That potion thing only just dawned on me.
Despite me always complaining that Viridian does not supply potions.

How did I not see this?!

Momoro

I'm gonna put some dirt in your eye..
Years
Eh?

Viridian doesn't supply Potions? How did I miss that?

I literally never even thought it didn't until I stumbled upon this article..

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Online now
Eh?

Viridian doesn't supply Potions? How did I miss that?

I literally never even thought it didn't until I stumbled upon this article..

I guess it's just one of those things we all somehow missed, like how Gold/Silver/Crystal gives you a near-perfect counter to Whitney's Miltank in the form of an in-game trade female Machop in Goldenrod, yet said Miltank is one of the most notorious Pokemon in the entire franchise lol

Momoro

I'm gonna put some dirt in your eye..
Years
I guess it's just one of those things we all somehow missed, like how Gold/Silver/Crystal gives you a near-perfect counter to Whitney's Miltank in the form of an in-game trade female Machop in Goldenrod, yet said Miltank is one of the most notorious Pokemon in the entire franchise lol

;-; What? I've played Gold/Silver/Crystal too many times to count, and I never thought of it that way :D

Back