• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Flags, Vars, & Script Tiles

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 27, 2015
Your right, your right. Im just used to people always freaking out about stuff.

Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2019
Variable 0x4033 is used in a routine at 0x0DAA44 and 0x4032 is used in multiple routines at 0x06E42E, 0x06E402, and 0x06E3E6.

Flag 0x800 is set when the player enters the Safari Zone and is unset when the player has left.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Do we know if there is a variable that keeps track of the pokedex count? I want to change the amount of pokemon needed to get the certificate at the end of the game. If so, what variable is it? Thanks in advance!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Excuse me. I wanted to know more about the world map flags. Somebody please explain these it would be great help to me.
Thanks in advance.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Do we know if there is a variable that keeps track of the pokedex count? I want to change the amount of pokemon needed to get the certificate at the end of the game. If so, what variable is it? Thanks in advance!
Which game are you hacking? In any case, it's not checked using a variable but a special instead - the certificate/diploma is also displayed using a special. I'd recommend checking out the original diploma scripts (Celadon Mansion in FR, Cove Lily Motel in EM). I don't really want to de-rail this thread and get too off-topic, so if you've had a look and are still stuck feel free to head over to ROM Hacking Help. =)
Excuse me. I wanted to know more about the world map flags. Somebody please explain these it would be great help to me.
Thanks in advance.
The world map flags are set when the player first visits a map so that they can be accessed on the world map, for example when using Fly.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
thanks i also wanted to know about accessing other 3 maps like one isle two isle ect.
sorry if i am being stupid

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 3, 2019
Awesome post! It will come in handy the more I get into scripting!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 4, 2021
I've created a script, set a flag and a var, put the 1 in the freaking map, and of course, it STILL DOES NOT WORK! I have been struggling with this crap for YEARS because every "tutorial" on the internet leaves out a bunch of stuff. There is NO REASON why my script shouldn't be working if I am doing EXACTLY what these terrible tutorials on pokecrap or reddit tell me to do.

Last edited:
Back