• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Flygon or Garchomp?

Which one do you prefer?

• Total voters
Years
  • Well lets see...the antlion/dragonfly, or the Land Shark?

Sorry Garchomp, I still don't like the fact that you've sided with Cynthia and that Serebii noobs use you waaaaaaaay too much, plus your shiny is unfortunately terrible.

So I'm siding with Flygon, who would've had potential if Gamefreak payed more attention to it. GIVE IT PEVERSITY GODDAMN IT. It's a Sand Dragon, come on! Also it looks plain awesome. It has goggle-like eye-protecters, it looks like its going to flat out kick your ass. If you've seen some of it's card art, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Also, it looks damn cute as well. So Flygon gets my vote.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Sharks cant fly right? (googles it)

In Doctor Who they had flying fishes of all sorts, including a shark...but then again, it was pulling a carriage, so it's not really relevant is it? :P

I think the problem with Garchomp and Flygon is their very similar stat distributions - Garchomp's just got slightly more speed and about 30 more attack, meaning it makes a better revenge killer. And unlike Flygon, it can actually sweep on its' own.

However, for all of you who say Garchomp's too good...in competitive battling, it's beneficial to Flygon that he's too good, as it means Flygon gets its' own niche in OU battling.

The Lord of Smug
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 17, 2013
    Garchomp looks WAY more awesome. I don't know why, but I've never really liked Flygon. I love Trapinch and Vibrava, though.

Years
    • Age 26
    • U.S.
    • Seen Mar 23, 2014
    Garchomp is the more powerful of the two by only around 80 base points, has around the same movepool as flygon ,but can sweep much more powerfully. But theres only one downside to that: he's in Uber tier while flygons in OU. And unless you want him fighting arceus or another insanely powered pokemon then stick with OU. So simply put flygon is the garchomp of OU. But id have to go with Garchomp, he's just better all around in just about everything.

Years
  • Throughout my life of playing Pokemon, I have had both of them in my team individually, and at the same time.

I do like both, but if I had to choose, it would be Flygon. I only ever used Garchomp because it is very powerful and can just sweep Pokemon out like no tomorrow.​

KitKat13

i'm on the right track, baby
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 17, 2012
    `I have encountered fighting a Flygon (with my cousin) using Garchomp, and I won, so I have to go with Garchomp, not because it's cool or what-so-ever, it's because I liek it! o3o;

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2020
    Well... Normally, i'd say neither, but in this case, I'll go with Flygon. And why? Because Flygon can FLY.

jab2033

Exit Light, Enter Night
    Years
  • Garchomp all the way.

I've used Flygon in the RSE games, but that's because it's the only dragon you can get fairly early in the game. However, I never really cared for it. Garchomp will always top Flygon in my book.

Back