• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen "Follow Me" Feature

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    i dont think the will
    1 the vidio of the guy walking in the citie had no pokemon
    2 non of the pictures have pokemon following
    3 for the celibii and zora u need an event celibii to get zoara
    though i could be wrong cause it would be cool to have more giant pokemon following you

Unfortunately I agree. It's suspect that out of all of the screenshots this is the only one showing us a Pokémon standing next to its trainer - and one of the two shown just happens to be an event Pokémon. :| If they don't follow us I will be really disappointed - it was such a step forwards for HG/SS, I don't see why they'd then take it away again.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Yeah I think it was just the event, because you need to have the Celebii to get Zoroa.

Personally I don't think the following Pokémon was anything special :\ it got old fast, and didn't really add anything (and in some cases was stupid - see Magicarp -.-). I'd be quite happy if it's not in B/W and if it is I'd like it to be an option rather than forced.

Years
    Man I hope so, I love that feature. But in all the other screen shots the main character has been walking alone :/

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    More than likely, yes we will have pokemon following us again. You can't just add something to a game then take it out of the game that is suppose to revolutionize pokemon :P.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    More than likely, yes we will have pokemon following us again. You can't just add something to a game then take it out of the game that is suppose to revolutionize pokemon :P.

how about shuckles berry ability? it was removed..

Myles

Seriously?
    Years

Hopefully. But they did get rid of animated battle entrances and the Battle Frontier. They were added again later, but they were removed at one point.

Bluemoon

Bluemoon
    Years
    I think they are going to follow us around again...
    But still judging from the pictures that was released the main character is not being followed by a pokemon.... or there is probabaly a switch were you can make your pokemon not walked with you...

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    how about shuckles berry ability? it was removed..
    I'd hardly call that "revolutionary," would you?

Anyway, a lot of people are saying that, due to the event screenshot being the only one showing Pokemon with their trainers, that it's evidence that they might have taken it out. Okay, that's a good point. But as mentioned, it was a very popular mechanic added to the remakes. Why take it out? Especially since the only real complaint was the desire for a choice to have them follow. If they do bring following Pokemon back, I think they're just waiting for a good opportunity to give it the spotlight. They could be showing us new stuff first and then they'll tell us some of the returning things.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    I hope they keep it, there wasn't really much point to it, but it did make things more fun to have your pokemon running around with you.

Olliee

Spreading the Pokerus. PM me
    Years
    If its gone, it would be a heck of a waste of time drawing all of those OWs! I mean they drew 400, I'm sure another 100 wouldn't be impossible; we'll see though.. Perhaps they just improved it.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    Like many Pocket Monsters fans, I have been following the news for Black and White ever since they announced Zoroark. Seeing the latest leaked scans from CoroCoro, I was really delighted to see that they showed us how to obtain Zoroark's pre-evolution, Zorua. I noticed in one of the screenshots that Celebi was standing right next to the main character. Is it possible that Pokemon will still be following us around or could it just be for that event?

Here is a link to the scan for reference. If this is the case, I'm rather excited about having a Tsutaja follow me around.

Thoughts?

It was shown in a scan that pokemon still can

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I hope that Gamefreak and Nintendo will include this feature to Pokemon Black & White. It was fun seeing one's Pokemon following you everywhere. It would be depressing if they decide to cancel it after Gen. IV.

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2014
    I think this is a definite answer to all the doubt we had about Pokemon following us in the new games. Why bother showing us those screenshots of Celebi and Zorua standing right beside the trainers if there's no such option? ;) Plus, it would have been odd to remove such a popular feature in the first place.

Lol this is NOT a definite answer in any way, shape, or form. Stop wishful thinking. This is an event...every other screenshot shows no Pokemon following the trainer. And since it's not a new feature, there'd be no reason to try and make it a surprise.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    Lol this is NOT a definite answer in any way, shape, or form. Stop wishful thinking. This is an event...every other screenshot shows no Pokemon following the trainer. And since it's not a new feature, there'd be no reason to try and make it a surprise.

maybe theyre early beta pics? this is kinda vice versa, but remember all that hype with new super mario bros DS and the co-op mode? and then it got cut out.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019

Not wishful thinking in any way, shape or form. It's just basing an opinion on solid evidence. When have we ever had a special event with your Pokemon standing beside or behind you (before HG/SS?) Who's to say there's no reason to try and surprise people by bringing back such a beloved feature, doesn't matter if it's new or not in this case.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    I hope they will have a follow option.
    Maybe at the side of the touch screen. You can tap the pokeball.

Closed pokeball : Pokemon in ball
    Open pokeball : pokemon following?

I think thats a really good idea. Honk if u agree

*Honks* :D
    To make things crazy, I was thinking if all 6 could follow you altogether. It'd look like a gang roflmao.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    If it is not back that would truly disappoint and since it made the game feel so much less lonely. Alos, that part of the game was pretty major and anyone would notice if it was gone. Also the new pic has kinda confirmed to me that it will be an option... I think it WOULD be a surprise if they added it though, which is why they are not showing too much of it it as of now. On the other side, if you think about it... the amount of Pokemon is going to exceed 600. Normal and Shiny Formes/Alternate Formes will push that number over 1200... get it? With all of the upped graphics and even more battle animations and more attack animations, the game is going to be holding a lot in it... it may not have room for it.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    I hope they still follow you with an option for them not too. But it will most likely only be for this event :(

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    Yeah it could be Plausible. I don't think they'll want to remove that feature after they had it on HG/SS. It would really piss most of the fans off xD

I don't really mind if they don't though, since I got used to Pearl. It would make the game more enjoyable to play if they did though ^^

GameFreak's a professional at pissing their fans off. Look at how you couldn't trade your Pokemon from the Old Gen to the Advanced Gen. RSE almost felt like it wasn't worth it, but the starters were *****in' amazing, atleast their final forms.

Mind you they might upgrade the DS carts to have higher space capacities so it could be available.

Back