• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen "Follow Me" Feature

myrrh25

New account soon.
Years
  • ill bet a million dollars,that their either makin it optional "go in menu, select pokemon, select walk, then select store to put it back" or their just leavin it out this time,and in the 3rd game itll make its glorious return

I'll remember you made this bet :P

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I think the follow me feature will be implemented now that I look at some of the screenshots and information released (not the one of that girl that so many people think is a Pokémon, hur hur), but I don't think it will be available for just any ol Pokémon so much as special Pokémon that trigger the storyline, like how I saw Celebii and Zorua were out of their PokéBalls in what seemed to be an event.

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
  • Speaking of which, why was that feature introduced in the first place? I only liked it because I thought it was cool and kind of nostalgic.

The feature was added to HGSS because it was a remake and they had to add more features to it in order to make it more playable. So in this, if they were added to BW, that would only make HGSS lose all of its novelty. Because the follow me feature was really the highlight of that game for most players. Personally, I wasn't the biggest fan of it. I was really glad they did it for that game, but I think that's where it should stay. For one, the majority of the pokemon OW sprites were chunky blobs, most looking like a cloning experiment gone wrong or a shapeless rendering of the real thing. Again, I loved the feature in that game, but only in that game.

Anyway, considering the follow-me feature was just something added to HGSS in order to give it more appeal because it wasn't an original game, well, why would it come back to BW? We have so much appeal already with all of these new and exciting additions to the series.

PalkiaSpace

Panda Hugger <(^_^)>
    Years
  • I hope they keep it... I don't understand why they would put in all that work in HGSS making all the overworld sprites for only one set of games...

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    thats a shame, I really liked that feature, it made me feel like i wasn't playing with mindless drones, Game freak is probably too lazy to make 100+ new overworlds

Diablo361

Trainer of the Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2018
    To be honest, it was really only cool for the first five minutes.

I barely notice it now :/

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Serebii.net said something about the Celebi being sent out when you approaches the guy with the Zorua, so high chance it's not included now :(

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    I wonder why they decided not to include it? Time constraints? Space issues (unlikely)? Didn't see a need for it? Or to preserve a uniqueness for it in HG/SS?

D3r Schatten

shiny collector
    Years
  • i hope that they make it just like when your pikachu followed you EVRYWHERE, but i think there should be an option with every pokemon in your party for them to "follow" you, and when you select that they would obviously follow, but if they did do this i really hope they make the shinies look shiny instead of the regular -_-

Years
  • Judging from the screens, i'm guessing there won't be a feature. But like Hiiro said, that feature made me use my bike less throughout the story. It's sort of a feature I don't mind, I am still use to having no Pokémon because of Diamond,Pearl and Platinum. I wouldn't mind if they kept it or took it away but it'd be nice to see some extra work done on the game to see the new Pokémon overworlds.

Scorpio219

PM me for custom banners
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2013
    i willalways be on the bike any way like in all the pokemon games i own so it doesnt really matter to me

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • Damn I wish they brought it back...
    Sigh it was fun but I doubt we'll see it in these games hopefully in the third version!

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    I'm used to not having the Pokemon follow me around, since I lost my SoulSilver version and have been playing Pearl. So without it being in B/W won't be too shocking when I play the games.

It is going to be missed though. The feature added a little bit of personality to the Pokemon that wasn't there before. Without it, I'm going to have to resort to old-fashioned imagination to think up my Pokemon's personalities.

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
  • I want it in PLEASE

It made me poud of my pokemon :)
    And it was nice seeing what mood it was in, etc, etc.

Years
  • I am disappointed that the feature is more then likely going to be removed. I hope that there might be an Amity Square like location in the games so that some of our Pokemon can come out the Pokeball.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    You lose a feature (possibly), you gain a ton. If it isn't in the game, people will get over it, if it is..then I'll say we got lucky. :P

Back