• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Food] Familiar, yet....

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    My Galaxy chocolate tastes like it's been dipped in butter; I can't decide whether this is awesome.

Well it's actually because I was eating peanuts earlier, but anyway, it raised the question in me, for you: Have you ever eaten something you often eat as usual, but for whatever reason one time it tasted... different. Was it good? Bad?

You could've eaten something before, like me; or maybe the company changed its ingredients to include 'less/no artificial [whatever]' and it'll never be the same again; maybe it was a random unexplainable one-off; and so on so forth...

Edit: Oh yer, I knew I'd miss something; this applies to drinks as well.

Last edited:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Not really "ate," but I've noticed that the grape soda I've bought really varies in taste. I've gone to buy orange because it's more consistent.

Then there was the first time I tasted Domino's new pizza recipe. I was like, "This stuff's too good to be from Domino's!"

Years
  • Popcorn is horribly unreliable. I get three or so good bowls and then it decides, even though I still microwave it for the same length of time, that it wants to be burnt or not to pop at all. Then the flavor starts to vary and ranges anywhere from cardboard to lard to charcoal.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Sometimes, the cans of Dr Pepper taste differently than the bottles of it, tbh.

I don't know why. Different containers can flavor it?
    I noticed this too, and expect it's a marketing ploy; you see, with cans they sell smaller volumes for a higher price, so they make it a bit sweeter to get you to buy it, ultimately making them more money for less cost.

RuRuBell

Beeef
    Years
  • I used to be a huge fan of the caesar dressing you get from Wendy's, but then they changed it and it's sweet now. Grossss.

And as I go through like 3 bags of sunflower seeds a week, each pack tastes a little different. Some will have a lot of gross ruined ones, while others have some seeds that taste unusually good. :D

Years
  • Sometimes, the cans of Dr Pepper taste differently than the bottles of it, tbh.

I don't know why. Different containers can flavor it?

I noticed this too, and expect it's a marketing ploy; you see, with cans they sell smaller volumes for a higher price, so they make it a bit sweeter to get you to buy it, ultimately making them more money for less cost.

It's because it's more condensed in the can, and therefore more concentrated. It's ridiculous how much you can get of the beverage out of the can as opposed to the bottle.

As for myself, I've noticed that individually wrapped granola bars of the same brand and flavor can vary per bar, but that's probably in how there are prepared.

Years
  • Over the past week the Mountain Dew at work leaves a very strange aftertaste in my mouth. Once time I wondered if one of my co-workers accidentally drank out of my cup, as it kind of reminded me of tobacco, and I'm one of the few that doesn't smoke. Then the same thing happened today, and the other person working is the other non-smoker, so I guess that wasn't it. Regardless, I didn't like it very much. Granted, it's coming out of a machine older than I am, and I mix it with just a little bit of Sierra Mist, so I suppose variations in taste should be expected.

I also once had a breadstick at work with less oregano on it than usual. It was very, very bland, even dipped in marinara.

Or how about the times I drink orange soda out of a can instead of bottles like I usually do... I find that the aftertaste there just tastes... like powdered sugar, perhaps? Kind of like Smarties. Which might be awesome if I liked Smarties. D:

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Oh this happens all the time to me. I hate it. Often when it happens with a restaurant a few times that's when I stop eating from there for a while and rotate to the next one in the cycle. >.>

My tongue detects the slightest 'off-ness' in food's consistency/taste/texture/ingredient ratio when most other people won't even notice, and probably think I'm crazy. It especially sucks when someone has generously gotten food from a restaurant I like for us or a group to share, and that instance of that food is 'off' enough that I have to refuse and feel like I'm being rude the rest of the time I'm there. :<

Back