• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Football/Soccer Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Well, two mistakes by De Gea and it looks like we could be out of the runnings already.
However, I never count out my Manchester United till the final whistle.
Welbeck off, Hernández on.​

Years
I think this is were I finally have my realisation.

I forgot about the community shield until I went on the bbc sport website.

Its been a transition for a while but I think I'm fairly sure I'm a Boro fan now after something like nine years supporting United. Good to see them pull it back to 2-2 though.

Years
I forgot Hernández wasn't on the bench, but the 2 defensive and 1 midfield changes aren't one I would make, however, it has paid off and Man U are firmly on top.

Crazy!​

Patriсk

warup warup, the sky!
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2012
Comeback --check.
Scoring at the last minute --check.

Same old Man Utd. Fully deserved, though.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
lmao... I never even knew this thread existed...

3-2 to Manchester United. I'm so happy. Lost a bit of edge during the last 10 minutes of first half, but otherwise we were in total control of the match.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I'm happy to see David winning something. Unlike some certain people who also left our team this summer, I wish him the best.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Years
I felt like Aguero should've at least gotten a chance at today's match. It would be interesting to see former teammates playing on opposite sides this season.

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2012
Comeback --check.
Scoring at the last minute --check.

Same old Man Utd. Fully deserved, though.

I agree.

Manchester United practically dominated the fixture with the most possession, most shots (on target), and best playing.

Ivysaur

Years
We just lost 2-1 in Italy- it was a really weird match, and I couldn't recognize half of our team. It didn't help that three players got injured during the first half, either XD Could have been worse if we hadn't got a random penalty on the first half, but the Italians were lucky with a deflection to score the winner on their first serious attempt during the second half. It was entertaining, at least.

Years
3:2 against Brazil
party.gif

They played a surprisingly defensive game, that's not the Brazil I saw when I watched them play the last time ... 2002 or so. So, first half was dominated by them standing in the back and occassionally trying a counter attack but never succeeding. In the second half we managed to crack their defenses with some innovative play though, the name Götze should be worth mentioning somewhere here. What an exceptional talent without being an individualist, I can only hope he'll continue being as awesome as he currently is in the future. Anyway, somehow it ended up as a 3:2 (although the game was almost certain to end 3:1 but then there was that mohawk haircut guy whose name I already forgot...), and I am going to be obnoxious here and say that we deserved it.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Years
3:2 against Brazil
party.gif

They played a surprisingly defensive game, that's not the Brazil I saw when I watched them play the last time ... 2002 or so. So, first half was dominated by them standing in the back and occassionally trying a counter attack but never succeeding. In the second half we managed to crack their defenses with some innovative play though, the name Götze should be worth mentioning somewhere here. What an exceptional talent without being an individualist, I can only hope he'll continue being as awesome as he currently is in the future. Anyway, somehow it ended up as a 3:2 (although the game was almost certain to end 3:1 but then there was that mohawk haircut guy whose name I already forgot...), and I am going to be obnoxious here and say that we deserved it.
Neymar. He's being hyped as one of the best youngsters in Brazil. I think Germany deserved to win, but Brazil wasn't shabby during second half. Scoreline could've been easily been something like 6-2 if Germany pressured Brazil more during the first half. They were they way more dominant side.

Ivysaur

Years
So it seems Cesc is finally going back to Barcelona. If Nasri also leaves, Arsenal will find themselves in a very funny situation with the season starting in a few hours.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Years
There's Ramsey and Wilshere to "cover" those losses, but they lack the experience that Cesc and Nasri has. We'll see how things turn out for Arsenal. Newcastle only gave them 1 point last season (losing a 4 goal lead in the way), and they're bound to lose 2 of their best players, so their season kick-off will be a hard game.

Last edited:

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
So it seems Cesc is finally going back to Barcelona. If Nasri also leaves, Arsenal will find themselves in a very funny situation with the season starting in a few hours.

Cesc's transfer was kind of inevitable. I predicted a definitive move to Barcelona when the once-were rumors began this year (and the years before). I guess now Barcelona learned their lesson not to sell their youth players for good -- either loan them for a reasonable amount of time or sell them with a buy-back option, and not to a large club.

I predict a calamitous season for Arsenal this year.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
No conversation about the first round of Prem games?

1 - 1 away at Wigan for us, I'll take that as they will be a dangerous side this season. QPR got hammered, perfect start. Wolves started well with a 2 - 1 away win at Rovers. Liverpool already dropping home points to the likes of Sunderland and Fulham drew with Villa 0 - 0.

Newcastle v Arsenal to come, Arsenal will have a hell of a job to come in the top 4 this season.

Years
I honestly can't see anyone going down but the teams that came up, they just haven't signed anywhere near good enough players.

It sounds like De Gea screwed up again today so I'll soon be watching match of the day to catch that.

Good win for Boro yesterday and Emnes' dive was brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back