• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

For the Glory [RMT]

homsar

Competitive Gamer
    Years
    For the Glory [RMT]

Taillow @ Focus Sash
    Guts
    No EV's
    Hardy
    -Endeavor
    -Quick Attack
    -None
    -None

This is my surprise lead. Since a lot of people rely on leads in there team and I tend to have trouble with them I made this little guy. It catches tons of people off guard and pretty much makes it a 5 vs 5 battle.
    ---

For the Glory [RMT]

Snorlax @ Leftovers
    Thick Fat
    I made this guy so long ago I forget EVs....
    Brave
    -Focus Punch
    -Substitute
    -Return
    -Crunch

This is my old faithful. He takes tons of hits and dishes out some massive damage. Hes a mix of attacking and stalling.
    ---

For the Glory [RMT]

Cressilia @ Leftovers
    Levitate
    252 HP / 108 Def / 148 SpD
    Bold
    -Rest
    -Sleep Talk
    -Ice Beam
    -Thunder wave

This is my main staller. She takes every hit that is delt to her with ease. I use her to absorb status as well as I can just rest them off. I was thinking of replacing Thunder Wave with another attack move as I find it to be useless.
    ---

For the Glory [RMT]

Porygon-Z (Shiny) @ Choice Specs
    Download
    4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Modest
    -Dark Pulse
    -Tri Attack
    -Ice Beam
    -Thunderbolt

My main special sweeper. With an special attack of 400 before Choice Specs, STAB and download not many stand before this beast.
    ---

For the Glory [RMT]

Aerodactyl (Shiny) @ Shell Bell
    Pressure
    42 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
    Adamant
    -Stone Edge
    -Earthquake
    -Fire Fang
    -Ice Fang

People expect this set to be a Choice bander, but I use it as a revenge killer because of Aerodactyl's amazing speed. Then they think I'm locked into a move I predict and do even more massive damage before switching out.
    ---

For the Glory [RMT]

Metagross (Shiny) @ Choice Band
    Clear Body
    252 HP / 244 Atk / 12 Def
    Adamant
    -Earthquake
    -Meteor Mash
    -Explosion
    -Pursuit

My main physical attacker. A bit difficult to get in but a pretty solid guy. Thats because hes just standard set though.

Any and all comments are welcome.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    I cannot stop for a full rate, but your strategy with aero is flawed. Sudden recovery from nowhere is gonna become obvious if entry hazards are up, plus your attacks will be significantly underpowered when compared to a CB variant. Most people expect the suicide lead variant anyway.

Oh and get rid of the taillow, it sucks and is cheap. Play properly and use all 6 slots with intelligence.

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Tyranitar leads say hi to Tailow, and Hardy nature is fail. The strategy used by Tailow sucks TBH.

homsar

Competitive Gamer
    Years
    Everyone always says that about Taillow but its never failed to at least take off half of the opponents hp.

Years
    • Age 14
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    So many leads beat your "lead".
    I suggest using a Pokemon that can actually do something.

homsar

Competitive Gamer
    Years
    Do you guys even realize what the purpose of my lead is? Im supposed to get hit first and then endevour them to my HP. I want my lead to be attacked. Anyways, just saying your lead sucks, doesnt really help me. Maybe suggest a pokemon? Or critique the other pokemon.

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    Do you guys even realize what the purpose of my lead is? Im supposed to get hit first and then endevour them to my HP. I want my lead to be attacked. Anyways, just saying your lead sucks, doesnt really help me. Maybe suggest a pokemon? Or critique the other pokemon.
    Some leads have weather/stall moves, and you could just as easily switch into a Pokemon that counters FEAR sets. FEAR barely even works in UU, much less OU.

homsar

Competitive Gamer
    Years
    I understand that it barely works, but when I send out a taillow most people (infact all that Ive played) don't expect fear from it. Keep in mind I don't use him if its a person Ive fought before. Also, even if it doesn't do the entire job I wanted I'm confident in my prediction skills to easily sweep up any mess left behind. So I say again. Rate my team, not just say, my taillow sucks, or get rid of my taillow, or say other leads beat mine.

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    For the Glory [RMT]

Taillow @ Focus Sash
    Guts
    No EV's
    Hardy
    -Endeavor
    -Quick Attack
    -None
    -None

This is my surprise lead. Since a lot of people rely on leads in there team and I tend to have trouble with them I made this little guy. It catches tons of people off guard and pretty much makes it a 5 vs 5 battle.

Clever? Nah :<
    Weavile = Ice Shard
    Tyranitar = Sandstorm
    Swellow = Quick Attack
    Must I say more? =)

---

For the Glory [RMT]

Snorlax @ Leftovers
    Thick Fat
    I made this guy so long ago I forget EVs....
    Brave
    -Focus Punch
    -Substitute
    -Return
    -Crunch

This is my old faithful. He takes tons of hits and dishes out some massive damage. Hes a mix of attacking and stalling.

I don't know this fatty very well..

---

For the Glory [RMT]

Cressilia @ Leftovers
    Levitate
    252 HP / 108 Def / 148 SpD
    Bold
    -Rest
    -Sleep Talk
    -Ice Beam
    -Thunder wave

This is my main staller. She takes every hit that is delt to her with ease. I use her to absorb status as well as I can just rest them off. I was thinking of replacing Thunder Wave with another attack move as I find it to be useless.

Resttalker.

---

For the Glory [RMT]

Porygon-Z (Shiny) @ Choice Specs
    Download
    4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Modest
    -Dark Pulse
    -Tri Attack
    -Ice Beam
    -Thunderbolt

My main special sweeper. With an special attack of 400 before Choice Specs, STAB and download not many stand before this beast.

Overrated, should have a Fighting-move for Blissey/Snorlax for a surprise... but even then.. I doubt this will go further do to it's slightly-below medicore speed.

---

For the Glory [RMT]

Aerodactyl (Shiny) @ Shell Bell
    Pressure
    42 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
    Adamant
    -Stone Edge
    -Earthquake
    -Fire Fang
    -Ice Fang

People expect this set to be a Choice bander, but I use it as a revenge killer because of Aerodactyl's amazing speed. Then they think I'm locked into a move I predict and do even more massive damage before switching out.

Not really :\
    Shell Bell is a no since Aerodactyl won't be surviving hits, and Fire Fang/Ice Fang Super Effective deals lesser powered damage than a Stabbed Stone Edge.

---

For the Glory [RMT]

Metagross (Shiny) @ Choice Band
    Clear Body
    252 HP / 244 Atk / 12 Def
    Adamant
    -Earthquake
    -Meteor Mash
    -Explosion
    -Pursuit

My main physical attacker. A bit difficult to get in but a pretty solid guy. Thats because hes just standard set though.

Thunderpunch Pl0x. :)

Any and all comments are welcome.

Edits in bold.

Heracross = BYE!

Romo_Owens

Young Money
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2008
    That Taillow coldn't make me help but laugh and it's an interesting strategy. But it will only work if your opponents start with the common sweeping starters like Gengar, Azelf, or Weavile. If your opponent starts with a common wall as a starter like Bronzong, Swampert or Hippowdon, their mentality won't be "hey look an innocent looking taillow which obviously can't do anything to me. I'm going to attack it!" They're more likely to obviously know that no matter what movepool you slapped on it, it's not going to damage their wall, so they'll see it as an oppurtunity to set up stealth rocks.

Btw I don't think Faceless with his attempts at finding a counter works understands how this works. Taillow goes out, it's opponent attacks, leaves it with 1 HP, then it attacks with Endeavour before any chance of taking any more damage from Sandstorm, or your opponent using a priority move. Just because it's a pre-evolution, doesn't mean it just magically skips a turn.

As for the rest of your team...

I'd suggest getting rid of Aerodactyl, replacing it with something with either stealth rock support, a Starmie, or another sweeper. I'd also give Metagross agility.

homsar

Competitive Gamer
    Years
    Thank you Faceless and Romo for the comments. I was considering putting agility on metagross but I originally was gonna use him on a different team were he would get speed boosts baton passed over to him but that never happened. I would have put TBolt on meta as well but I got it in a trade as a beldum and the IV's were too good to pass up for a shiny (I think it had like a 30 in attack and something else as well, hard to get on a shiny).

Romo, I wouldnt be able to hit gengar with my lead, but then I switch and save him to kill someone troublesome down the line. In my experiece with taillow it can sometimes outspeed the walls, and though I dont get them to 1 HP I do a considerable amount due to being a basic.

I do admit aerodactyl has been a fallback guy because I really dont know what should go in his place. I Shell Bell is there simply for lack of a better item (that I have).

Really this entire time is like I took the scraps from other teams that never got finished, moddified them and welded them together to create some sort of ugly beast. Its fun to try and mix things together, try to come up with something new. The only pokemon made just for this team was the cressilia.

So faceless, if porygon-z is overrated who should take his spot? And Romo, why starmie in particular did you mention to take Aerodactyls spot?

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Get rid of Taillow. Any good trainer knows what F.E.A.R is, and with Gengar (THE most used Pokemon in the game) you're giving it a chance to set up (plus, it is immune to your whole moveset)

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    That Taillow coldn't make me help but laugh and it's an interesting strategy. But it will only work if your opponents start with the common sweeping starters like Gengar, Azelf, or Weavile.

It still generally bad. Suicide leads aka Azelf, Aero etc Will just set up SR on you and that immediately puts you at a disadvantage. Deoxys-S will set up dual screens with Light Clay AND Stealth Rock. Weavile, infernape etc will just Fake Out you and then your screwed. What im saying in a metagame dominated by priority, Suicide leads and Anti-Leads and even omnipresent weather this wont work and pretty much ANYTHING would work better in Tailows slot.

Also i question F.E.A.R's predictability, as i know when i personally see something like a Rattata,Ralts,Tailow etc lead i think "Lolwut ? Somethings up here" and know automatically whats its going to do tbh lol.

Faceless said:
    Fire Fang/Ice Fang Super Effective deals lesser powered damage than a Stabbed Stone Edge.

They are for hitting floaty steels such as Zong (You could also add forry and Scizor in there too) and ground types/dragons and what not respectively. Aka, to add to coverage, sure they have meh power, but its the best Aero gets against them.

As for the team : -

Life Orb on Aero is cool with that set btw.

Nasty Plot + Sub Salac P-Z or Agility P-Z are the best sets that thing can run imo =/.

You have a MONSTROUS Tyranitar weak and fighters arnt much better to you. Gliscor could well get a slot in the team here >>>>>>> Failow Tailow kekeke =p. It would also add some much needed support like SR and stuff.

Last edited:

Sinatra

"and let the drums roll"
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2008
    try choice scarf on Z, it works for some people but for others it doesn't....

Supreme Dirt

used Petal Dance
    Years
    • Age 32
    • o3o
    • Seen Dec 4, 2014
    Alrighty, if you really want to use a FEAR lead, make it into Swellow, minimum HP, and some backup moves so it can do something after Endeavoring. Ditch Quick Attack for U-Turn, and add something with Wish Support on your team such as Jirachi, Clefable, Blissey, Hypno, Eeveelution, etc. and you can Wish its health up when you get a chance to switch in. An idea for a Wisher would be:
    Umbreon@Leftovers
    [Insert EV Spread, Nature depending on what you want to defend against]
    -Mean Look --> trap the foe so you can safely wish
    -Wish --> Obvious, no?
    -Fake Tears --> Can be fun combined with...
    -Dark Pulse --> STAB.

Probably ditch my fail Fake Tears Dark Pulse combo.

Romo_Owens

Young Money
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2008
    Thank you Faceless and Romo for the comments. I was considering putting agility on metagross but I originally was gonna use him on a different team were he would get speed boosts baton passed over to him but that never happened. I would have put TBolt on meta as well but I got it in a trade as a beldum and the IV's were too good to pass up for a shiny (I think it had like a 30 in attack and something else as well, hard to get on a shiny).

Romo, I wouldnt be able to hit gengar with my lead, but then I switch and save him to kill someone troublesome down the line. In my experiece with taillow it can sometimes outspeed the walls, and though I dont get them to 1 HP I do a considerable amount due to being a basic.

I do admit aerodactyl has been a fallback guy because I really dont know what should go in his place. I Shell Bell is there simply for lack of a better item (that I have).

Really this entire time is like I took the scraps from other teams that never got finished, moddified them and welded them together to create some sort of ugly beast. Its fun to try and mix things together, try to come up with something new. The only pokemon made just for this team was the cressilia.

So faceless, if porygon-z is overrated who should take his spot? And Romo, why starmie in particular did you mention to take Aerodactyls spot?

Starmie IMO is the best rapid spinner in the game, simply because it's so fast compared to all the other popular OU spinners (Donphan and Tentacruel to be specific), and it comes with other useful attributes such as a good Gyarados/Salamence counter, a somewhat decent special wall, a non-threatening but somewhat effective Special Sweeper, and unlike Donphan, due to Natural Cure it won't be afraid of switching into toxic spikes. Donphan works as a spinner/defensive wall but if poisoned, it's no defensive wall.

Also, about taillow, I agree with somebody who said that you should make it a Swellow because like Dark_Azelf said, people aren't that stupid. If they see a weak, 1st stage evolution, they're going to think somethings up and I'd probably just set-up Stealth Rocks, and as soon as I do, I'll see you trying to use Endeavour, and your plans gone.

The problem with your team is that you have no entry hazard moves, but I think another wall would throw your team out of balance. I'd replace Taillow with Weavile, Gengar or Azelf (with choice scarf) because you need an effective revenge killer. Especially since your teams slow.

Last thing I'd give Cresselia Charge beam if you choose not to go for Starmie because your're team is fairly weak against Gyarados.

Years
    On the Fear topic, either use SD's Swellow, or use Phanpy. It is immune to SandStorm.
    That Swellow could work, as Endevour would bring them to low HP. Even if they don't bring you to 1 HP, Quick Attack will do a fair bit with the decent Atk and Stab. Although it may be too fast to run that strategy.

Um, Aero and P-Z are worrying me. Aero should be running CB or Life Orb, but it hits what Gross does, only faster, so you may be better just running a Scarfer to Revenge.

P-Z hits rather hard with that set, I've run it, but unless the opponent's team is slow and without a special wall (two things you are unlikely to encounter on the same team) it gets shut down. Run a Scarf Set or Agility. Agili-Z can do in Offensive Teams that lack something to wall it.

I love that Snorlax set, by the way run some calcs and tell me the EVs. Just as a random fact, Snorlax has a BMI of over 200. (People are about mid-20s)

Matt-O

The King's Shadow
    Years
    Run LO on Aero, he needs it, and max speed couldn't hurt either. It lets you outrun just about everything.

And as everyone else has said, screw Taillow. Fear is cheap. Don't use it. Switch for something competent. Weather, Ghosts, P-Hazers, or in general anything that can set up will do so against it.

Back